Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Road Rage: a psychiatric phenomenon? - Minitokyo

Road Rage: a psychiatric phenomenon?

Is it a psychiatric phenomenon?

Noo!! just more excuses
6 votes
I don't really care about what scientist think
1 votes
Yes I believe it is
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well you probably heard it all over the news,
Scientists now think everything is a "Symptom" and everything can be cure with a drug ~_~
Well I want to know what you think.

Do you think is a psychiatric phenomenon?
Or just more "excuses" selling you drugs like the "A.D.D" or whatever is called?

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

I doubt it. I mean, How could it do all of that? Drugs can't slove everything.

I think if people who have road rage should travel by bus,taxi or walk

Signature Image

People should just leave earlier if they are planning on going places. It should be expected that they will run into traffic. If not, calm down since most of the time, nothing bad as a death happens.

Other than that, people are just wankers. If they made a drug to cure wankerness, it would be a major breakthrough. Same with people speeding or doing up their cars. It stupid doing up your car and speeding down roads where are major speed limits in their faces.
Is it a psychriactic phenomenon? Dunno, but there are alot of factors to build on it. Stress is one. Near accidents from stupid drivers is another.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

In the matter of road rage I really dont think it matters whether their trying to sell you a drug or not......also will they be able to develop a drug that your SUPPOSE to take before you drive without side-effects like drowsiness and loss on concentraion. A drug that's suppose to reduce stress would induce a level of relaxation.....which could be slightly bad for driving.

Anyways ignoring the cure side, to call road rage a psyciatric phenomenon is fair enough....but so is sleeping, throwing your homework across the room and of course wankerness. Anything can be related back to psychiatric conditions as basically everything we do involves thinking one way or another, but some people think in a different direction of others. You can't really put in a control to prevent road rage 'within a person' before it happens but of course we should be keeping convicted road ragerists (nice word) off the road.

More on topic to call it a psychiatric phenomenon would be correct, but to think that a person has any valid excuse for commiting a road rage offence is bull.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Why cure road rage? Half the fun of being on the road is the exchange of profanities.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

road rage is basically the release of uncontrollable anger.tell me, can you suppress emotions?

cos anger is an emotion and by saying a drug can cure road rage, its as good as saying drugs can suppress anger, which then raises the question if its even possible to "cure" emotions.

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

road rage.....damn fooks cut me off. Also I hate when some of them are right behind me and they roar their engines at me. Plus, they dont signal and if you're driving on the road with me you dont signal I dont let you go.

I dont know people that makes me snap and weeks ago some jeep tried to cut me off and when he couldn't get through he roared his engine. I was going to stop my car and just either take out my bat or go up there and beat him hard.

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by jonsey32Why cure road rage? Half the fun of being on the road is the exchange of profanities.

Okay, note to self: try to steer clear of driving there.

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far; road rage is not some sort of "psychiatric phenomenon". That's just an excuse, one to help people claim that it's not really their fault, 'cause they have that disease.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

I have heard that its a disorder, dissorder my ass!

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by PAcheroad rage is basically the release of uncontrollable anger.tell me, can you suppress emotions?

cos anger is an emotion and by saying a drug can cure road rage, its as good as saying drugs can suppress anger, which then raises the question if its even possible to "cure" emotions.

It is possible to supress emotions. In fact, it is very easy if one discipline oneself to not express his/her emotions.

No drug can cure anything. However, they can easily suppress emotion.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.