Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Personal Property vs. Disrespect *for* others personal property - Minitokyo

Personal Property vs. Disrespect *for* others personal property

page 1 of 1 8 total items

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

School's going to be out for me in two days as of the writing of this thread, and I just recently got my yearbook(first year of H.S. wow), and have aquired a few signatures, the first one being my English teacher's, whom I respect/admire/care for very, very much. Today, one of my aquaintances who didn't purchase a yearbook asked me if they could look at mine, and turned to the first autograph page, where I had my English teacher's sig. This aquaintance promptly started reading it aloud to one of my less callous friends, and drew a heart around the dash line that substitutes for the word 'from', or some such term, in pen, so it won't come off (the heart is a result of the fact that I was stupid enough to trust her with the information that I care for my English teacher in the first place).
I have a lot of issues with this, since: A) It is MY yearbook, not hers, and therefore, she has no right to mark it past my permission, B) I wanted other teachers to sign my year book on that page, and it's really embarrassing when (or if) they see it. Finally, C) In a sense, she lied to me. Again. (the first time was when, on the same day, she told me that she had informed my English teacher that I liked him. She then admitted that she had not told him of my feelings, but not before letting me suffer in embarrassment for several moments).
Am I overreacting, or is the fact that I'm most likely obsessed over words(Yomiko Readman/Nenene Sumiregawa-esque personality warning, here) and writing, and the written word in general justification? I mean, it's personal property, here!
Am I uptight, or what? ^_^'

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Nope, that is your bussiness. Not hers, you did not overreact. Like you said it was Yours. So, don't believe that you overreacted. Well this told you one thing, never ever give her your Yearbook again!

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

I don't think you are overreacting.
I can somewhat understand what you mean as well. I mean... I too was guilty of doing something like that to a friend... without realizing what I have done was wrong. Now I feel really mad at myself for doing something as stupid as that. since it really did began out as a joke, but in the end I really hurt her.

Since it was your yearbook, you have all rights to be mad, but It all depends on your personality. Since I know you, you exspress yourself alot more then I do. (in a good way) and totally understand.
I kinda understand the "heart around the dash line thingy" since friends tend to do pranks like that to each other.
But.. she told your English teacher that you liked him?! O_o THAT is going a bit too far! If I were you, I would strangle her(not physically LOL)
but if I was in your shoes I don't know what I would do. Sorry if im no help, or you simply don't agree with me. --_--
take care! :D

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

I think you should break his arms so he can't sign anyone's yearbook. ARMBAR. XD

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I don't think you overreacted. From what I can tell this person is not smart enough to see from their own pleasure. If I were in your place I would set things straight with a serious tone just so she messes with you less. I personally would have done some mean things back just so that person would see how it feels. In my opinion, some people aren't smart enough and deserve to be shown the problems they cause. Honestly, I think you are way past being around this person if it is under your control.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

Hmmm that is so UNFAIR! REALLY UNFAIR! HOW DARE SHE! playing with others' feelings and damaging their belongings! Youre not overreacting at all! that is just cruelty! I know how you feel, but the truth is, there's people like that in the world... I could tell you your flaw but it would be no good. Just forgive other people and let them notice how sad these things make you,,,

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Thank you all for your wonderful support, and your responses. I have spoken with the person, and also I have calmed down a bit, so both of us are on friendly terms again.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Quote by TrigunPreacherGirlThank you all for your wonderful support, and your responses. I have spoken with the person, and also I have calmed down a bit, so both of us are on friendly terms again.

ohh, thats great to hear! *claps* :D

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.