Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 have you ever fight with your parents because of anime or manga? - Minitokyo

have you ever fight with your parents because of anime or manga?

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

my parents'd scold me about the noise and how im like stuck to the computer

Because of the hundreds of cds and dvds all over the room we're fighting a lot. Since it's summer break and everybody's gone vacation i'm watching anime and spending more time on pc which makes them angry, but i'm still insisting on that this is what i like to do and that i should be free to do at elast this during summer time. I wonder what excuse i will be making during winter ^^;
it's been 9 years i've been interested in anime now and they're about to go mad :D

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Quote by AaralynBecause of the hundreds of cds and dvds all over the room we're fighting a lot. Since it's summer break and everybody's gone vacation i'm watching anime and spending more time on pc which makes them angry, but i'm still insisting on that this is what i like to do and that i should be free to do at elast this during summer time. I wonder what excuse i will be making during winter ^^;
it's been 9 years i've been interested in anime now and they're about to go mad :D

well i have an idea..... hmmm isn't it nicer for us to stay at home, stuck at the pc and watch anime than..... we're doing something bad out there? like .... drugs, etc? because of the bad influence of a wrong pal?
he he he..... just a suggestion ^^ for a self defense ha ha ha
>_<

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

No, we have never fought, because they love tha manga and anime, like me!

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

My mother gets angry when I read manga all the time. She says that I should look more into my studies then reading manga

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

yea i argue with my mom alot about that mainly because she keeps asking me why i watch this stuff if there isnt anything better on tv

Questions like this make me think I'm too old to be here.

I didn't get into anime until I was well into college and out on my own. We fought over Dungeons and Dragons, but never anime.

I used to fight all the time about anime. My parents didn't understand why I was still watching cartoons at my age, and was trying to explain it and it didn't work. Now they really don't care because I'm out of the house and on my own.

Nothing has ever really come up for them to give a damn about so there's hasn't been anything to argue about

This is my major problem with Manga
My parents really get MAD whenever they find me reading Manga.
They always think Manga is full of dirty stuff in it < Sex , violence, etc.>
my dad ever tear my manga and my mom burned about thirthy mangas.
i always must hide my manga and read it secretly

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Quote by TakraiThis is my major problem with Manga
My parents really get MAD whenever they find me reading Manga.
They always think Manga is full of dirty stuff in it < Sex , violence, etc.>
my dad ever tear my manga and my mom burned about thirthy mangas.
i always must hide my manga and read it secretly

hmmm it might be well if you obey the age rate i guess so they won't get mad (or at least you could stand yourself ^_^)
when i'm still at school i also read them secretly because they always told me to study ha ha i guess i can't help it at the time ^_^

Never had to fight with my parents over anime...they juz complain when i watch too much during my exam peroid

For me it was not really a fight but my mum getting kinda upset with me because all the time that i spend at home she says that is like i am nor even there because i am allways in my room watching and sometimes she says it feels like i am not even there and that i like to spend more time with my computer than her and i kinda just brushed it off but last night after i got home from martial arts training i walked in and sat next to her and did not move for the rest of the night and she was really happy and tonight i am going to spend all my time with my computer ^_^

bleach-rukia217

bleach-rukia217

.xxxx::Always happy::xxxx.

Yes I have... ^_^'
The first time was coz... They says that animes are cartoon for kids...
And don't let me watch them...
I still can watch animes in the end... ^_^'

.::Do you believe in love at first sight?::.

Quote by link6590More like arguing... They get mad at me for all the money I spend on manga... Probally 75% of my allowance :l

Yup! My parent always said watching animes or reading mangas only a waste of money. And they often said watching anime at my age is so childish. CHILDISH? This may not sound right, but what my parents said are really offend me. It's true I got my allowance from my parents, but it's my right to decide how I spent the money I have. They themself who taught me to use the money I have as I like. It's not like I ask my parents to buy animes and mangas with their money. >.<

my parents call anime and manga "stupid Japanese anime crap"

they dont even know the difference between anime and manga, even though ive told them millions of times before >_<

they also tell me about shows that theve watched as kids and some of them are anime! they just didnt know it!

Go figure!

Not really fighting, mom is only getting annoyed about that I'm ordering so many "books" for my money and she thinks I should spend them on something else. Just that she doesn't know that these "books" aka MANGA is my hobby and a big part of my life :D She and my stepdad knows nothing about anime though. They'd look like questionmarks if I ever said the word "anime". :P

Nope, I never did have problem with my parents over anime and manga. In fact, my father was quite understanding. He even bought me subscription for two weekly serialized Japanese mangas which were Shone Magazine and Shonen Sunday.

I think parents are more keen on limiting anime depending on your age. If you're still in school than anime can be distracting in your school work depending on how hooked you are. Conversely, anime can be good way to relax if taken in moderation. ^_^'

As long as you can convince your parents that you can still maintain good grades even with anime I would think most parents would at least give you a chance.

Quote by mughiNope, I never did have problem with my parents over anime and manga. In fact, my father was quite understanding. He even bought me subscription for two weekly serialized Japanese mangas which were Shone Magazine and Shonen Sunday.

I think parents are more keen on limiting anime depending on your age. If you're still in school than anime can be distracting in your school work depending on how hooked you are. Conversely, anime can be good way to relax if taken in moderation. ^_^'

As long as you can convince your parents that you can still maintain good grades even with anime I would think most parents would at least give you a chance.

Im very hooked! more like obsesed in my case... ^_^'
maybe thats why my parents hate it! :o

XD i just borrow manga from people..i never have enough money to buy manga. My parents watch it with me sometimes but then they start to make annoying noises just to screw with me... like on Inuyasha. Gawd.... @.@ "Why are their lips still moving when they are not talking.." or "Why are they guys dressed like that and have doggy ears?" RAWR! I have to wrestle them for the remote.

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Quote by dwarfemsXD i just borrow manga from people..i never have enough money to buy manga. My parents watch it with me sometimes but then they start to make annoying noises just to screw with me... like on Inuyasha. Gawd.... @.@ "Why are their lips still moving when they are not talking.." or "Why are they guys dressed like that and have doggy ears?" RAWR! I have to wrestle them for the remote.

he he he... my parents did the same... moreover, not only when they watch anime, almost all the television show... they always complaint whatever they watch -__-' eventhough there's no one around ha ha ha.... weird couple ^_^ I think it's one of bad habit? ^_^'

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

My dad thinks i m crazy with manga and anime,but my mom is neutral

I am going to turn this debate around a bit. Being the "parent" and having two childen 19 and 21, and also being a lover of arts, music and anime, I find myself defending my anime hobby to my kids. I collect anime pc wallpapers, scrolls, posters and cards. My son, 19, has no interest in anime art and pretty much leaves me alone with my hobby. My daughter, 21, however, dislikes my taste in anime.

I like almost all types and forms of anime. My daughter says I am being perverted and finds the time I spend with my hobby a waste of time. She even gets upset when I put an anime wall on my computer.
I have argued with her about this - telling her its a hobby of collecting anime art. And I stress that Anime IS an ART. She disagrees.

So you see....in my case the shoe is on the other foot. Just thought I'd share it here with those who might understand my point too.

yes and i won

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.