Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original? - Minitokyo

Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original?

page 2 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

meows

meows

caffeine dependent

I *generally* prefare the original partially because I'm usially very used to it by the time the series come out in english/whatever; The only exception that I can come up with from the top of my head is the italian opening to One Piece. ^__^ I do like it more then the original. ¯\(º_o)/¯

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Quote by meowsI *generally* prefare the original partially because I'm usially very used to it by the time the series come out in english/whatever; The only exception that I can come up with from the top of my head is the italian opening to One Piece. ^__^ I do like it more then the original. ¯\(º_o)/¯

yup i understand your feeling, sometimes when i also already familiar with the dubbed version the original ones seems a bit weird but when you used to listen to the original one, somehow the dubbed one turns to be a bit sucks he he ^_^'

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

Definetly the original.. but dubbing is okay unless it's like naruto where they completely got rid of the OST music o_o

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

The original, especially if it's in Japanese. I was literally crying when I heard the dubbed version of Lacus' song in Gundam SEED.. I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one that isn't 'Field of Hope' and it's very slow (and there's the cracked up Meer version of it too). It was beyond terrible. I couldn't sleep that night.

The original of course but then again, I don't usually hear the dubbed versions though and those I heard are really terrible.

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

I could deal with both the dubbed version's come out a little more energetic like dubbed version of the one piece theme song. and original theme like to please teacher or onegai teacher however you want to say stay just fine to me. but really it all comes down to is balance.

Pelsia

Pelsia

Squishy Kitty

I can't stand companies that insist on re-dubbing song's into English. It ruins the artistic value that the original singers put so much effort into. I find it akin to colorizing classic black and white movies like Casablanca or Citizen Kane just because some people find watching a movie that isn't in color annoying. To intentionally change someone's artwork (whether it be song, film or otherwise) just seems disrespectfull to the original artist.

the original of course! XD

I perfer original, I don't like when the music is altered.

I KNOW! I hate hearing the original song butchered T_T
It was made in that language therefore it sounds BEST in that language.
If it has to be in a different language, make a different song.
That is my opinion.

AiryFaerieAriel

iFALLforYOU;

The original definitely sounds better because the actually words are sometimes lost in translation. When it comes to the dialog, it doesn't really make a difference, but songs might not have the same meaning in a different language.

Tasana

Tasana

~~....Longing for Serenity....~~

well of course the original theme song's gonna be better, english remakes of anything usually suck, and besides, japanese singing is so much prettier than english... as for the actual shows, i can handle them being dubbed(as long as everything else stays the same) and as long as the english voices don't annoy the crap outta me...

Signature

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

For me it have to be the original song. I cant stand anything else >.<. English just sounds quite creepy when you compare it with the original theme song (of course a theme song doesnt have to be in japanese, so I refer everything as "original theme song"). Its not just english that sounds creepy, all other languages sounds bad if you compare it with the original theme song o.o

Quote by viekazamayup i understand your feeling, sometimes when i also already familiar with the dubbed version the original ones seems a bit weird but when you used to listen to the original one, somehow the dubbed one turns to be a bit sucks he he

I agree. When you are used to the original, the dubbed ones quite sucks o.o. But its the same with the opposite (for some people). It all depends on which one you get used to. I want to get used to the japanese theme songs in the future, I dont want to like anything else XD

Signature Image

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

Original of course in my opinion ^^

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

ORIGINAL DUDES! dubbings never sound right...besides..they all are crap singers!

Boko

Chocobo Class S

hm...there ARE a few well dubbed songs.....like the blue gender ED....

i agree! dubbed anime theme songs SUCK! Why the hell would they think of changing the language of theme songs anyway?

I prefer the original, but if the dubs sounds well too (never met one o.o), I don't really care then.

orignal! dubbed sounds terrible!

cherry12

love,hinata

Quote by viekazama

Quote by meowsI *generally* prefare the original partially because I'm usially very used to it by the time the series come out in english/whatever; The only exception that I can come up with from the top of my head is the italian opening to One Piece. ^__^ I do like it more then the original. �¯\(�º_o)/�¯

yup i understand your feeling, sometimes when i also already familiar with the dubbed version the original ones seems a bit weird but when you used to listen to the original one, somehow the dubbed one turns to be a bit sucks he he ^_^'

well, the sailor moon english opening wasn't as interesting as the japanese opening. although they ALMOST have the same rhythum. japanese versions sound better. can't we just put subtitles in english and call it a day? :\

merged: 06-27-2006 ~ 12:20am

Quote by BlackKitty13orignal! dubbed sounds terrible!

and i thought i was the only 1 with this type of opinion. u guys watch japanese versions with english subtitles? i just go on youtube.com 2 find my anime and just watch it with or without english subtitles. i don't really give a dog's shit. :nya: *gomen nasai, inuyasha-kun. ^_^'

did i change alittle?

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

usually when an OP and ED gets changed its usually to have a broader target audience, more so the younger part of the spectrum, but really anything for the older demographic its usually left as original

Example: Pokemon, Dragon Ball and its sequels, Yugioh and so forth, are aimed at a wider range, more towards kids mostly so they change the songs to english and something they can sing along to and dont have to know the language to understand them

Ive seen bubblegum Crisis tokyo 2040, Samurai Champloo, GITS: SAC plus Ghibli movies on Free to air tv here in australia, although not on one of the 3 main stream channels but even so they still keep the original songs, as its aimed at an older demographic, there has been other anime as well shown here on free to air, that has been kept intact as well, thats just what ive seen :p

it's all relative to what they are trying to aim it at. Such as One Piece, I admit that the english version is catchy, but when i first heard it, i was like what the hell?, now i dont mind it so much, sometimes it gets stuck in my head xD

Signature Image

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Quote by NekoSushiI KNOW! I hate hearing the original song butchered T_T
It was made in that language therefore it sounds BEST in that language.
If it has to be in a different language, make a different song.
That is my opinion.

Yupe! I agree with your opinion, but it could change the atmosphere of the anime also, moreover, in the anime itself they're usually play the theme (neither opening or ending) as the theme background soundtrack, of course it'll give the dubber such a pain if they change the songs ^^

But another pain for us to hear the dubbed version is the translate lyrics such ^_^' anyway not just the dubbed, but also the lyrics seems ackward and weird! >.<

Gotta say, it depends how good the song is. If it's translated well and matches the melody of the original, then it's okay. I'd just like the choice to hear the original version.

What I hate is when characters sing songs in the show and those are translated. Every time Saya or Lacus sing in English I quickly switch to Japanese until the song is over.

i usually prefer the original but there are few dubs that are better than the original

page 2 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.