Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original? - Minitokyo

Anime theme song... Prefer dubbing or Original?

page 5 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

As it turns out, the first time I watch an anime, which ever one it shows, dubbed or original, that would be the one I would prefer. For example, for One Piece, I first heard the dubbed version, so the original version would be weird. However, for Naruto, I first heard the original, so the dubbed version would be weird.

I prefer the original.I wish they kept the original in the dubs,but some of the dubs songs are nice,but they are never better than the original ones.

definitely original. I'm trying to extract them myself.

original the best. dubbed rarely matches the music and the words get lost in translation sometimes

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Its not really dubbing all the time. Sometimes, its the same singer singing in English. An exception would be like Fruit Basket's Op theme and Utada Hikaru's songs

Well, I've never heard of a dubbed theme song so I can't really compare.

Only a superb dub...which I've encountered maybe twice.

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Here in Spain almost every anime for broadcast inevitably has its opening and ending songs " interpreted " by local artists. Well, it's not a really bad thing, but I don't think it will have the same impact as the original songs. DVDs are still the best.

Dubs can be good but that sort of quality is rare. For me only Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, G0083: Stardust Memories and a few others actually matched the quality of the originals.

El original es el mejor, aunque todav

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

I like originals also. Dubs ruin the songs. Sometimes it's useful when the songs are English to start with, but Japanese songs tend to be more catchy in my opinion.

yumeko

Dreamer

Definetly original. Dubbed versions just don't have the same quality and sound really weird in english. And alot of anime songs are sung by well-known or renowned singers but when its dubbed, its some random singing it. i also really dislike when a really crappy song, if you can even call it that, is made for the dubbed version.

Shi wa sei no hajimari*Sei wa genjitsu no tsuzuki*Soshite, saisei wa Yume no owari

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

The original will sound the best,dubs kinda bland.

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

ORIGINAK FOREVER!
Rly, with dubs it makes me sick ._.
in spanish, the subs are horrible

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

I, too, am a sub-fan. What I really wish that the American Production Companies would keep is the karaoke style intro and outro songs.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

the original sounds better =/.... dubs tend to sound weird loll a lot would agree... sometimes the dub is " all right " but thats like 1 in 1000 chance of happening XD ( wow i can be so mean )

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

for me i prefer songs to be kept in their original language no matter what the language may be

Quote by CharmaynardI, too, am a sub-fan. What I really wish that the American Production Companies would keep is the karaoke style intro and outro songs.

Thats a fansub thing
Plus they are unable to do karaoke due to the limitations of the dvd format

Signature Image

anime theme song definitely original . it gonna feel weird listening to dubbed theme song.

i have never liked english dub... hate it! they are soo bad at dubbing.. the most..

Original. Although i may not understand what they say (without subs). ^_^;
Usually dubber have it's own accent, so it'll sound so different from the original..

The closest I got to liking an English dubbed anime song was the opening theme to Shaman King...but that's the only one. Otherwise, I prefer the original Japanese.

ORIGINAL! I love originals! i don't think dubbing is any good either!

I have rarely listen dubbed songs... even so they were either sung in the same way dubbing was done (badly) or given a child touch.

Signature

completely! dubbed songs are usually bad remakes of the original and just sound odd. the one exception i can think of is the KH and KH2 dub songs but hikaru utada did both the english and the japanse songs. also, the japanese release the full song in an OST while the english laugh in our faces.

Orginal= Best of all :)

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

I prefer the songs to be in their original language, whatever it may be. There is only one song that I've heard both the original version for the anime and a dubbed version that I liked. I can't remember the name of the song, but I do remember that it was from Key the Metal Idol. Other than that I haven't heard a dubbed song that it was possible to listen to for more than half a minute.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

page 5 of 13 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next » 295 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.