Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Classic Literature as Anime or Manga? - Minitokyo

Classic Literature as Anime or Manga?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

This crossed my mind a bit ago; What if classic literature was adapted to anime or manga form, with all the quirks of anime and manga? I mean, A Midsummer Night's Dream and, I think, Much Ado About Nothing are just begging to be adapted...though I think my Drama/English teacher would be a bit surprized:) .
How about you all? Is there a story that'd be great for an adaption, or would you rather it just stay the way it is?
Thank you!

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

there's a lot of anime that follows classic literature. one just needs to view classical literature outside the eurpoean mindset.
I have seen parts of Much Ado redone in Anime. (parts of the Tenchi Muyo series can be view that way)
Ghost in the Shell is a philosophical rehash. ( I think its the 2 or 3 moive that does Paradise Lost)
At the end, its how you understand lit to see how anime copies alot of it like normal tv.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

I heard that Agatha Christie's stories were going to be adapted to anime and im glad, i mean, "ITS ABOUT TIME!"; literature has great stories that would make hell of anime and manga. Perhaps one day i shall create the manga version of "Northern Lights"... Great topic preacher! (can i call you nee-chan?)

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

WHy not? The story framework is already there, so all you need is an interesting animation style and some good acting to do it justice...

I remember watching Metropolis (Fritz Lang's 1929) and then watched the anime version...I thought that the basic theme carried over quite well

Perhaps it can work for some classic stories

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.