Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu - True episode order - Minitokyo

Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu - True episode order

Tagged under The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Anyone who has watched a few episodes of Suzumiya Haruhi will realise that many of the episodes have been deliberately made out of order. I did a quick sorting based on what Haruhi states at every episode preview (to which Kyon quickly 'corrects') and here is what we have got so far:

Chronology/by Haruhi (episode number/by Kyon):
1 (2)
2 (3)
3 (5)
4 (10)
5 (13)
6 (14)
7 (4)
8 (7)
9 (6)
10 (8)
11 (1)
12 (12)
13 (11)
14 (9)

Try watching in that order and you will find it is all in order now. Interesting.

Old story. I believe the majority would have already noticed that during the initial few episodes.

And this episode reordering was already circulating around various other forums for months.

Quote by kiopiOld story. I believe the majority would have already noticed that during the initial few episodes.

And this episode reordering was already circulating around various other forums for months.

Not on this forum though and hence why I posted.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

While it's an interesting concept, is anyone else kind of annoyed by it? I love the series as much as the next person, but when they inserted a completely unrelated episode between the two muder mystery island episodes I was about ready to give up the show. However, episode 10 restored by faith, so I'll stick with it a little longer...

Signature Image

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Actually, I quite like it. In my opinion, the chronological ep. 14 was relatively boring, and would've been extremely disappointing if it was shown as the last episode. Adding an episode between the two murder episodes makes you want to know even more what actually happened (though I found those two rather boring anyway). But if you noticed, they're actually building up to a massive climax this way.

In the baseball episode, you see a snippet of Haruhi's chaos form or something, where they mentioned something about the end of the world. In the computer president episode, Koizumi mentioned that his fireball was about 1/10th of his full power. In the recent episode, ep. 10, Asakura said something along the lines of "no wonder you felt so weak" to Nagato, indicating that Nagato wasn't using her full powers either. This leads up to a conclusion, and predictably a titanic one, in which everyone will be using awesome super fighting abilities to save the world ^_^

Then again, that's all just my speculation; I haven't actually read the manga or anything :P So in conclusion, if they had actually shown the episodes in order, it would've been boring, because the ending isn't spectacular, and the climax of the series would've appeared half-way through.

Oh, and yeah, this is really old stuff. Anyone who really enjoys watching Haruhi should've picked it up easily a while ago.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

Hmm... yes i do agree with kyokujitsu-san, the concept of not following in a chronological
order makes the anime even more
mysterious. So it's really fun imo.

I don't even know the total number of episodes available... so its hard whether an episode is showing the climax or not

btw, nice thread Enchanter, i've never seen this kind of thread anywhere before since i never go to other forum sites that much like some people do. i was thinking of starting it myself. ^_^

I just started watching last week and realised the out-of-order chronology right off (ok.. more like initially wondered if I had labelled the episode files wrongly given the strangely unrelated following episodes). Anyway I wanted to know the correct ordering of the episodes and so came up with the above.

That I'm sharing it with you is because I'm a nice guy. ;)

that order is wrong.. i think ...

Quote by 4jaithat order is wrong.. i think ...

Why don't you offer something more substantial than "I think" then?

Anyway, I have updated the list with info from episode number 11. It's interesting to see episode numbers 11 & 12 have been swapped around. Enjoy.

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Going off of what 4jai said...

Anime News Network has a slightly different ordering of the episodes...

Signature Image

Quote by fireflywishesGoing off of what 4jai said...

I've checked. We have the exact same order. The only difference: They presented theirs based on the episode number. I listed mine based on the chronology.

fireflywishes and 4jai, please read things properly first before getting yourselves into silly mistakes like this.

since the anime is still on going.. ya have to edit this thread till its finished...lololol. ^_^

Quote by RazorPhoenixsince the anime is still on going.. ya have to edit this thread till its finished...lololol. ^_^

It is my very intention from the start, in case you misunderstood (which seems to be the case).

ok my bad if i misread

anyway.. THERE SONLY 14 EPISODES =(? so episode 9 was technicaly the ending?... nothing happened

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Hmmm...you know theres a group that this discussion would fit perfect in?! :)

I'm not a fan enough of the show yet to sign up actually, but anyway sign me up! :D

4jai, my list currently goes up to the chronological 14 and will be promptly updated as soon as future previews cover further episodes. I have no idea how many episodes this show will comprise of, so that's why I typed . (dot) . (dot) . (dot) to state that the list still continues on.

Cheers!

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by Enchanter

Quote by fireflywishesGoing off of what 4jai said...

I've checked. We have the exact same order. The only difference: They presented theirs based on the episode number. I listed mine based on the chronology.

fireflywishes and 4jai, please read things properly first before getting yourselves into silly mistakes like this.

Gomen ne, I guess I just got confused by your labeling/numbering... ^_^' It's kinda confusing when I was comparing between your order and the one on ANN... (I think I'll stick with the former)

Signature Image

Yet another update.

What the? *cries* i'm soo lost!
why is this so confusing?

It's a 'chronology - episode number' listing. I sorted in such a way so that you can use the list to follow the true timeline of the show, i.e. unscrambling the scrambled order of the episodes. Where the other site has simply listed the episode numbers - and the chronology they adhere to - I have gone one step further by basing the list on the latter. Simple.

Regards.

erm.. i think ep 11 of haruhi version is ep 1 of the anime.. where they show the "mikuru adventure"

it links.. with ep12.. that is..

Signature

Yes, I realised that yesterday. There can be no other place episode 1 (chronology 11) can go into but there. I have got it updated and thanks for chiming in, snowrabbit.

I have also a strong feeling the show will really end at episode 14 (chronology 6) - where I believe the Snow White suggestion made by the future Mikuru will come into use and where the true climax of the show will be at - so I have got that updated as well. If they do go beyond episode 14, I will accordingly update the list. For now the list is as complete as it can be.

Regards.

if this anime runs 14 episodes, then it'll be a waste imo... considering how many fans this anime has and the number of possiblities is just endless since we're talking about suzumiya haruhi here... though, i could be wrong, i haven't read the manga so i don't know much about it. If it is so, i hope they'd make a 2nd season out of it. :P

Later, nubs!

I think so too but that simply leaves an open opportunity for a second season. After all I am interested to hear more about the dissent in Integration Thought Entity (Nagato's faction) and whatever might happen to/with Haruhi.

Cheers!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.