page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Cancel

[i][/i]

Are you proud calling yourself an otaku? ^_^'

well kinda weird isn't it?
we might probably (outsider / non japanese) proud being called as an otaku ^^ but from what i heard or known (especially from densha otoko) that the local people (the japanese) doesn't like an otaku.
The otaku itself has a bad reputation :nya:

Just before i found out that otaku has a bad reputation. I kinda proud calling myself as an otaku but.... after that I just call myself anime and manga freak hahahhaha ^^

so?
Are you proud calling yourself an otaku? ^_^'

Tifa-chan

Tifa-chan

Lockheart

Cancel

well I don't care if in japan they have a bad reputation...I'm not in japan for starting!
I am crazy, yes I am, and otaku here in brazil haven't that reputation. ..the people doesn't know what is "otaku"! I come and say:
"otaku is a person who like anime/manga!"
people: "oh! that japanese's cartoons like pokemon?"
It's in this time that I kill the person xD

Signature

MeiHarajukuHime

A.W.A.K.E.N.

Cancel

Japanese, Im an Otaku, and I'm proud!
Doesnt matter what other people say, dont you think?

Sucker for anime guys >.<

• Jun 11, 2006
Cancel

I'd actually like for some one to call me one ~_~ but no one seems to do so ~_~

• Jun 12, 2006
Cancel

Can't say I've ever been called an Otaku, but I'm not sure if I'd mind too much. It would probably just remind me of Otacon from MGS and thinking of that series is always a good thing

• Jun 12, 2006

Nicodemus34

Nicodemus34

D347h 1 4m, K!11 Y0u 1 Mu57

Cancel

i'm an otaku for life, and yea i dont care what other people think because i dont get emo about things. in my school, a couple of my friends and i call ourselves otaku b\c the other dumb ass kids dont even know anything about anime and stuff like this.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

• Jun 12, 2006
Cancel

No, cuz I'm not an otaku. I'm not obssessed with anything anime or manga, I just like a few series the same way I like Corto Maltese and Futurama.

• Jun 13, 2006

cherry12

love,hinata

Cancel

i can except it! i'm totally into anime and manga! XD

did i change alittle?

• Jun 13, 2006
Cancel

Yes, I like being called an otaku

• Jun 13, 2006
Cancel

Labels, labels, labels! What is with you humans and labels!? I'll be called an otaku if it makes everyone else feel better. Or if it'll hook me up with a cute little japanese girl...

merged: 06-14-2006 ~ 12:05am
Oh, btw, Otaku is anyone who obsesses. Wether it be Anime or building ships in bottles.

• Jun 13, 2006
Cancel

yay OTAKU POWER! >___<

arigato K1ru! ;D

• Jun 13, 2006

Serin

Anime freak

Cancel

i dont really care

• Jun 13, 2006
Cancel

;p i haven't called myself otaku, but i wouldn't care if someone called me it ;p

Cancel

I think it makes no difference in my life.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

• Jun 13, 2006

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

Cancel

It does not bother me. I'm rather proud of being called an otaku. Despite what other people think. (like I really care what other people think anyways!)

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

• Jun 13, 2006

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

Cancel

I try to not tell people I love anime so that they don't call me otaku....! I don't want people to think I am weird or that I am a loner!

Obviously my best friends know :P....and they watch anime too XD

Signature Image

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

Cancel

no!
i think it is really bad to call someone that...

Wugz

analord

Cancel

I don't think anybody's ever called me an otaku, except maybe jokingly. Can't see a reason to, anyway.

• Jun 14, 2006
Cancel

hmm lol I had my mum calling me an otaku after I told her what it meant lol but mostly my dad would just sing "I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!" lol just because I study the culture and language on top of watching anime all the time haha

• Jun 14, 2006
Cancel

I have never been called otaku, but I think that is because people around me don't know the word hahaha. But seriusly I don't think I'm that obsesed.

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Cancel

DrakenImmortal

Can't say I've ever been called an Otaku, but I'm not sure if I'd mind too much. It would probably just remind me of Otacon from MGS and thinking of that series is always a good thing

:: Well yes, otacon from MGS is taken from the Otaku as long as I remember ^^
So I see you guys rather not bother calling as an otaku ha ha ha ^^
well we're not Japanese after all so why bother ^^ ha ha ha

Cancel

I don't since I don't consider myself to be an otaku. Simple as that. I like anime a lot yes, and sometimes even read manga, but I don't think I'm an all-out fan.
I've only been called an otaku once but that was coming from a friend who didn't really know what it meant, only that it is used to refer to anime fans.
Besides, it's a label and I already have enough of those ^^

• Jun 16, 2006

Maji

Maji

The speaking corpse

Cancel

YES I am! XD

I already read in a magazin that in japan the otakus has a bad reputation. Whatever x3

Here in Germany nearly nobody knows what that word means, I think. I was often asked for what 'that' is. (Like in Brazil by Tifa-chan)

I am all into AniMa, so why shouldn't I call me an otaku!? >33

Signature Image

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Cancel

Depends; as many of the MT'ers have pointed out, the otaku sub-culture of Japan does indeed have a rather negative reputation, mostly due to this guy in Japan who admitted to being an otaku at his arrest for murduring.
Personally, I don't mind being recognized as an otaku; I'm not the kind to wander around, yelling random quotes. I'm the quiet, dignified otaku, who'll explain it all to you in a mostly unbiased way, if you ask nicely.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

• Jun 16, 2006

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.