Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do like being called an otaku? - Minitokyo

Do like being called an otaku?

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

westernized word for otaku is different from japans otaku.. =/
thats why over there... you call someone an otaku....... get ready to be insulted back at or even get beat up lol
over here... either they have no clue what you are saying... or they consider it an anime/manga freak... i mean the a-con i went to.. our nametags we got... they all said... "OTAKU : then my name"
on then

i don't really care :) i'm 25 and my desk is covered wit anime pics... what other ppl think isn't really a concern to me :)

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

No, not all. And I absolutely refuse to be called a otaku, period. XD

Hell, I got more DVDs (a great deal of them are anime) than my relatives. And I have like nearly 10 folders of anime pics on my comp.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

AeroConfident

AeroConfident

S.O.S Brigade

Otaku means someone who got addicted with anime right?
hmm.. i don't really mind being called otaku.
coz i'm really an otaku ^^.
i like to watch anime. maybe other may think that i'm childish but still i like to watch anime

I've been Haruhified..... and u?

I don't mind... I am pretty geeky when it comes to certain things.

Haha hell yeah! But nobody calls me an otaku. They just say I'm an anime/manga freak. I guess its because they don't even know that the word otaku exists. ;D

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Yep manga freak is sounds better ^^

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

No prob;em to me he he he

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

animeronin

animeronin

Wandering Enthusiast

I've been an otaku for 7 years or so. Started calling myself one 3 years ago.

As for anyone minding about the term itself, yes, it has a bad reputation ever since the Miyazaki incident (no, not Hayao Miyazaki). I've avoided hearing the term term in public since it generates some bad press here in my country. I'm quite impressed at the young (and still thinking young) people who still use the term and end up not being offended by it.

otaku =! freak

It's not easy growing old, much less growing up...

helmet02

Helmet Rule

no complaints here :)

Whatever helmet says is true so believe it or else... nothing happens. so obey foolish mortals!!

Lucciola

Lucciola

Cursed One

It dosen't bother me very much, here in Germany nobody know what that word means...even I am otaku (big time) heh! I am not that worried if someone called me otaku. I have no problem with that! :)

Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back again.

heh, same here, Otaku, I am reminded of Otacon in Metal Gear Solid!

No, I will not call myself that, because of the association with negativity, and perversion/obsession... I love manga/anime, but Im not a japanese style "Comic Book Guy" ala The Simpsons! (gross, and if it involves crime, even more so to the depths of disgust).

I would really care if I was called a otaku, it wouldn't really bother me.

Otaku19

Taco Lord

I have no problem with it and if all these rednecks who think anime is stupid and calls me gay because im an otaku ill just kick their ass

Taco Lord

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

No, I prefer be calles a "Strider"

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

Akairo

Akairo

~Floating~

It doesn't matter. Instead of the long "manga-anime fan", "otaku" is much more convenient. It's just a label. My love for manga-anime is much more important. ^^

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

I'm not exactly big on anime, in fact, I'm just in it for the art or if the story is really good. Merchandise... I'm only interested in buying female figures or posters, but there are some exceptions like One Piece wallscrolls or Gundam figures.

I love some anime, but I hate talking about it for some reason. Well in most cases anyway... I perfer to talk about games or life.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

keikasagawa

keikasagawa

p|-|33R |v|1 l33t 5|<1llZ

Otaku = me

i'm an australian that is proud to be an otaku. you could say i'm a, i originally got this from a book i have, an Oztaku

hey our roomies are wasted so when we get back to your place,
i'll show you what l33t things i can do to your 5y573|v|Z,
i'll make them 5cr34|v|

that's the truth....
i am!

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

I considered a term of flaterie being an otaku is a great honor and it's nice to know alot of people people out their share in the same type of anime and manga things that you do :) and that a whole community exist. just for an Otaku fanboy or fangirl. :)

Some of my friends had once said that although they loved manga/anime, they didn't dare to call themselves otakus. The reason was that they didn't really do anything for it, just normally crazy about so they were not worth to be otakus. (-__-)

I myself think that otaku is simply the shorter way to call a person who fall in love with manga and anime. It isn't some high things that we cannot reach ^^ ~> I'd love to be called otakus! :">

one of the defining features of a HUMAN BEING is his or her passion for something - anime / manga is a perfectly valid hobby. unforunately, "otaku" does have some underlying meaning that suggests that the otaku forfeits his or her social, and otherwise "real" life for the pursuit of an animated world. as with all things, moderation and comprehension make it appreciable and respectable.

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Well otaku is not only about anime and manga actually ^^ it's more like... hmm how do i say? well there is an anime otaku, and there is tokusatsu otaku or even an idol otaku so actually otaku is not just about anime and manga ^^ (correct me if i'm wrong please ^^)

not really, im not so much of an otaku, wouldnt really care if i was called either, its not like much people even know what one is anyway

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.