Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whats with siblings relationships? - Minitokyo

Whats with siblings relationships?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Krisari

Krisari

Shy...

...Do the japanese have an obsession with family or something...because alot of japanese manga or anime that have brothers/sisters or other sibling types, the siblings tend to be so close or loving that it almost seems...odd to US.
Am I the only one who notices and is curious?

Signature
How miserable we humans are...

Jokoro

Jokoro

Hmm...

I haven't seen that many brother sister relationships in anime or magna but i do see alot of cousins after cousins. I mean wth is with it really? Kinda disturbing if you ask me, now maybe if there was less of it...

Lol, I know what your talking about. I once attempted being that friendly towards my little sister becuase I thought it would be a good thing. Let me tell you, it ended me calling her a fat head and I havent really tried since.

But uh... never really seen cousin x cousin relationships. That would be kinda odd though.

Signature
When the world you are in, just doesn't seem real...

i dont know, sometimes can be real, sometimes dont xD
depend of then, but i ike to believe its true @_@

hmm not in every anime they are close, one example is El Hazard.
They are like me and my sister (Fire and water) totally different.
but i think this is the way a family should be or like everyone wishes for.
Since my sister and I doesn't live together anymore we are best friends.^^ I think it could be so from the beginning, but we have never tried it. And now its to late

Nucleous

Nucleous

I will be taking you to.....

I also found the brother x sister thing in anime weird and disturbing.

Have not noticed any Cousin X Cousin relationships as of yet.

Me and my sisters fight constantly and two of us are 20+ the other 18.
I think we never grow out of it.
Although it is better now than when we were all at school.

Still those family closeness in anime and so make me sick at times.

SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!
Life is not Measured by the number of Breaths we
take, but by the Moments that Take our Breath Away.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

well you never know... i like to watch it but me in that situation... All of m y cousins except for a few are liek semi retarded

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Yeah, It's pretty strange. Haha!

Ryukon

Ryukon

Ankoku

Dunno, but I find it pretty exiting XD

Renton x Eureka 4 Ever
Signature
Proud Member Of The Gekkostate And Tsubasa

DarkAngel-Yoshi

~An angel of darkness.~

I have no problems with close family relationships.
I only watch anime, and there are a few series that I've noticed to have some close family relationships. Manga? well, I don't know there, haven't gotten any in a while now....

I am an dark angel. One day, I may have to come for you, and claim your soul from this cruel world, and send it to the next.

Help me! If you have an avatar from the series Shuffle!, plz PM or email me! Thanks in advance for avatars or links!
Also, avatars of anime angels would be nice too! Thanks again in advance for you help!

I tend to avoid anime with sibling r/s because I have a younger brother and sister and I don't want to feel weird after watching those animes. Family closeness is one thing, but family closeness to the point of incest is just disturbing.

Haven't seen much. Except for Angel Sanctuary. Which was weird.
I do like it when there's rivalry, and political plots, and war... and the family stuff is disapearing in a pool of its own blood.
But sibling love... haven't seen much. Or noticed.

I understand what you are talking about,but it depends on the situation you mean. You see I visited Japan to see my friends and that's how they acted! It was sort of freaky at first but then you see that they're really just being friendly. They share a special bond but not in that way. One of the japanese guy, about 18 started to cry when his friend was leaving to go back to Med-Hat! Now if you ask me that's a pretty rare sight to see here. How many guys do see cry like that? I just love japanese guy's! They're so cute!

I'm just an only child, so i'm cllueless here. ^^;

i think it's just a way to entertain people!? maybe...

I think it's strange at some point because of their different culture. Well, for me, it's not that strange. I've seen sibblings being very close, but yes, incest does really take the cake. ^^;

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

i think in japan... family is very important... like the u.s. but... in a little mor different way.... in japan... i dont think its uncommon for families to hav at least two children. the children are brought up to look after the other sibling... the older sibling is to protekt an set an example for the younger. an the younger sibling is to repekt the older... an japanese people think its always funn to hav their relationship be mor 'exciting' than a normal sibling relationship ^^ almost like teacher-student relationships or somthing like that ^^ hehe kinda funny ^^
m.i.a. ^^

I've been reading mangas and some couples are siblings. One is non-blood siblings and others are blood siblings. The non-blooded marry each other while the other don't. So I do think that ppl in Jap do care about .... traditional for not marry their sibling. Nevertheless there are always exception.

i do!
.Hack legend of the twilight
rena and shugo
they are so close!

i think it depends...

i had a close relationship with my older brother when i was a teenager (less now because we lived in different cities and have a love life)... Our parents were busy with work, so we were always the two of us... my brother was like my father (education and the things i should do), my best friend (adviser), my brother (protector) and my "boyfriend" (if i could call it that way for some aspect of it).

He was, in a way, like a boyfriend. for exemple, when i was 12 and my brother 18 (we have a difference of 6 years), we held hands a lot, it was normal for us to have an arm around the other... people on the street called us "lovers" a few times... i was proud of it (in a way) because i was the person closest to him... it was nothing like "incest", NO... we took care of each other and gave comfort (it's a difficult period to be a teenager, so, we get strength from our deep bound to have the courage to face life)...

Now, we're more like normal siblings...

so, i don't feel it's abnormal to see that in anime or manga... they exagerate sometimes but it was like that for me...

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

@Kisari

It's not just Japan but almost all Asia countries are very family oriented. It all stems from Confucianism. Every has to respect each other. Young people are expected to have reverence and serve the older folks. While the older folks are supposed to show benevolence and concern over the young people.

There is nothing wrong with it. Infact, i think it's really cute when brothers and sisters, and cousin and cousins want to "LOVE" each other. I mean, if i had an ultra cute sister or cousin, hell i would go after her too people come on! besides back in the 1800s there was nothing wrong with doind this, and in some places today, namley WEST VIRGINA and KENTUCKY, you see this all the time. Times change, and so do the way people percieve things.

if they love each other, there is nothing wrong with it...
i hope i can watch the end of 'koi kaze' because that's a really cute story about a young man who falls in love with a school girl and then he finds out that that girl is his sister...but both of them have feelings for each other...it's sssooo sweet! *blush*

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Quote by Krisari ...Do the japanese have an obsession with family or something...because alot of japanese manga or anime that have brothers/sisters or other sibling types, the siblings tend to be so close or loving that it almost seems...odd to US.
Am I the only one who notices and is curious?

I think it's only becasue they have a certain part to play in the story-line, that's all.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.