Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers) - Minitokyo

how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers)

Tagged under Death Note

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 158 total items

steffic

steffic

i l!ve a beaUtiFuL Life

okay, i just want to ask, if any of u find deathnote's ending very confusing blabla? well the manga is surely one of the best ^^ but i think the way it ends sounds a bit lame, seemed like they tried so hard to quickly finish it off, light did not seem soo clever at the end, although i dun really like kira, but stiLL... how he ended up... much likely looked pathetic... how do you guys think? ^^

~to the one i love, prepare to die~ Oboro.
EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE USE Signature Image instead.
~thx to soujiokita for tis beautiful sig^^

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

it sucks..'nuff said

Signature

I found it.. well.. rather conventional. I do like deathnote, though I only liked L (among the 3 children from Wammy's house), and not N or M.

I suppose to find a correct ending would be difficult, and yes, it did seem as though they wanted to finish it asap. I didn't really like kira either.. although the prospects of seeing a world ruled by kira is interesting..

I understood it but I hate it. It was a bad way to end a good series :P

The ending only made me happy cause Raito died. =D Yeah though it did seem rushed and not all that great. However how else would it have ended? I can't think of any other way it could have ended, that is unless Near died... but that would just be wrong seeing as how nearly every good character died.

My ideal ending would have been L coming back to life in some magical way, Raito dying (cause I hate his guts) and Misa realizing she was being used by Raito (for god's sake I feel sorry for her for being so incredibly stupid)

steffic

steffic

i l!ve a beaUtiFuL Life

haha yupz me too.. i dislike Raito but well.. the movie is coming out, Raito's cast does not even resemble him, but L's really cool, i luvv him, he looks very much, well.. L? hehe anyway, let's see if the ending will be much the same too ^^ hoho

~to the one i love, prepare to die~ Oboro.
EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE USE Signature Image instead.
~thx to soujiokita for tis beautiful sig^^

The events following the death of Kira actually confused me. Anyone know anything or can clear up what the whole cult thing was after? Who was that girl?

Also, I agree with SesaQui; I did not like N or M. They did not even compare to L, who I thought was an awesome character.

As for the movie, it was good, but I didn't like the casting of L. He just didn't have that same quirkiness as the L in the manga.

Light-sama shouldn't have died.
I pity Misa.
And i agree with SesaQui - N and M are just freaky. lol.

Hate all the part after L died, just endure through it because I want to see Light dead, so damn happy when he dies =D

I didn't want Light to die... At least not so humiliatingly. The ending where they go to the case was confusing to me. I'm still wondering what's the reference.

To tell the truth, I only continued to read the manga after L died to see Raito die.....AND I'M GLAD HE DID THAT ********

L shouldn't have died.......N and M can't replace him T_T

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, I was glad that Light died, and that wasn't what bothered me... I mean, it seemed obvious that that was how it was going to end; the only other option was for Light to rule the world (which would have been interesting...), but I always had a feeling they would go with his death.

But I totally thought that what Ryuk meant was that if you use the Death Note, you become a shinigami, and the last chapter would be shinigami-Light holding the Death Note, looking over the human world, and you wouldn't know who it was until Ryuk came over and said "Hey, Light..." something to him, and then it would be a pan of Tokyo and would end with Light writing down someone's name... is how I always wished it would end.

But when it was all "There's no life after death...!" I was disappointed and thought, "Oh, how anticlimactic, he just dies and that's it."

And then the very last chapter confused the hell out of me. What was with those cult people? o_o And I thought that girl was Misa, but... maybe not?

One thing I did like is how Near became L, and how he was eating chocolate... I thought that was so cute. ;_;

I'm still waiting for the fanbook to come out (soon?) so we can get the explanation behind this (and L's name! *squee*)

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

I like the ending. I was suprised how it ended and find it to be good.

I think it is unfortnate for N that his life was saved by M. It was not a true win for N. Raito did outsmart N but M, being a wild card, combine with N did get Raito in the end.

I personally like all the characters from Wammy's house. I think the fact that L is so unique as a character for all of us that it is difficult to let him go and be open to N and M who are interesting in their own right.

How many of us was suprised about Raito scenario? But like Raito said himself, one miss calculation from him means the end for him. That was what happened.

Sakura21

Sakura21

LukeXTear

I completely agree with brenya. I actually think the ending was very well suited. I loved light. . but sadly. . that was an interesting way to end his life.
I also agree that all the characters from the whammy's house were interesting. Of course every1's favorite L (including mine. . i wont deny it >.< lol) had a sad fate, but i did learn to like Mello and especially near. I guess cuz near reminded me more of L than any of them. But the fact that N was saved by M, I believe, was actually the main reason mello was even in the manga lol. I really loved it when Near said that he alone coulnt defeat light but together with mello, they were more powerful than L ^-^
Overall, I was really satisfied with the ending. The only person I was not satisifed with was Misa >.<. I really think she should have died since she made the deal several times. . but thats just me =/. Deffinately an excellent series :D

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

When I read it, I liked it..mainly because Light died, and damn, he had it coming. However, after hearing some other people's opinions about it, I came to agree that it would have been a lot cooler if Light had won, and had ended up ruling the world as Kira for all time. It would fit with the overall pessimistic mood that was introduced in the very beginning of the series.

Like everyone else, I loved the character of L (he's one of my favorite characters from ANY series =P), so I obviously didn't enjoy it as much after he died. I was also torn between "Light killed L and someone needs to avenge him" and "Light killed L so he is worthy to rule the world". This is another reason why I eventually agreed with the fact that the first viewpoint was too obvious, so the second would be a lot cooler.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

sailoruniverse

sailoruniverse

supreme archer

hmm.. maybe the ending was like that to say that something else may occur. It left it open to a sequel manga... perhaps. But the ending makes sense. Even though Kira"yagami" was killed, the effect of kira lives on in the world and in that cult. So in reality he did get what he asked for...somewhat.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

The ending was logical from a general point of view... In most detective novels and stories, the bad guy dies in the end. Of course, in Death Note it was very questionable who the bad guy actually was in the end...

I like the ending embershadow suggested a lot better than what happened in the manga. Yes, the ending seemed a bit rushed, and also, for Near to figure out that many aspects and alternatives seems more like a plot convenience than anything else >_> I won't discuss the characters in the last story arc here [I'll just settle to say that I h8 Near], but did anyone else get the impression that they were ridiculously smart and ridiculously lucky?

...So, which was the big idea with that cult in the end? Did anyone read 'Death Note: How to Read 13'? We could use some insight here... X-P

Naiisie

Naiisie

Drop-A-Stitch

I thought the girl was Misa o.O And they all love Kira and believed he was actually God and still alive somewhere? Weird cult...

Anyway yeah, embershadow's suggestion is much more favorable than the actual ending *laughs*. Yeah i didn't really like the ending that much, Light looked major crazy and it did seem quite rushed.

ChaosCraZ

ChaosCraZ

-Me Againt myself-

>>> ok. the question is...How do you find Deathnote's ending?

>>> Just open the last page of the 12th Deathnote manga. hahaha no no...just kiding.

>>> Hmmm...Deathnote's ending?
>>> I was really disappionted.
>>> cuz the great Kira died too easy and the X Kira looked so pathetic!

>>> I gotta confess that i was really confused about its end.
>>> cuz i don't understand what's Near talking about at the end
>>> when he's trying to explain how Raito works together with Mikami (X Kira)
>>> Blah blah blah...

>>> i don't understand even one sentence of his conversation.
>>> OR ! i was too stupid to understand (- -")a

Is this an illusion that i have in my heart?

Well, I dun really like the way it ends. But it is very normal cuz:
You'll be burnt when playing with fire
You'll be wet when playing with water
n of course
You'll be dead when playing with Death Note

merged: 03-21-2007 ~ 07:28pm
Oh and one more thing, I read Death Note 13 How To Read and it said Misa was death (most possible cause is suicide) after the Death of Yagami Light.

the ending was perfectly reasonable ***SpOiLeR*** light became overconfident in X-Kira, and X messed up BAD! thats the only reason Near won i think. if Mikami hadn't gone to the DN twice, then near wouldn't have checked it out, therefore they would all DIE and Kira would go an rule the world and so on. I think it should have gone one a while, with him becoming a "God" and ruling the world in a utopia of sorts. but then something goes wrong, and some sort of revolt takes place, and THEN he dies in the pathetic way that he did in book 12.

i think death note should have ended with L's death. it became boring without L.

ya. i agree with steffic that the way they end is too quick
and it makes light the kira look so pathetic and dun seem so clever at the end
but if they dun end it ppl will get bored of it
also light may be very complacent and be less cautious
because he thinks that he is so much clever when he beat the last L so he thinks that he will win near and micheal keel

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Hmm... it was a good ending which i didn't like. Honestly the speech which Light gave was so powerful he almost fully persuaded and convinced me. i imagined... what would it be like, to be in Light's ideal world. It may seem good at first: no murder, no crime committed etc. But on a second thought- it is not right. So perhaps the ending went and proved its point. Light's ideal world may be great, but for someone like him to be our leader wouldn't be what people want. i like Light as a person- a lot. But he was such a coward as the end. His concept is right, and i'm very moved by his wish to better the world.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 158 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.