Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does anyone know how the storyline makes sense in FLCL? - Minitokyo

Does anyone know how the storyline makes sense in FLCL?

Tagged under FLCL

page 1 of 1 16 total items

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

THIS IS FOR YOU,UNICORN2006!

anyway,i think the storyline is very confusing,although some people seem to get it.To me,its just a bunch of random things.Can someone tell me what the storyline is?

(happy now,unicorn?)

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

it's meant to be confusing

Signature

it's about that weird vespa-girl trying to bring back her boyfriend the space king. she uses the boy to bring back peices of him or something like that.

To fully understand it, watch it 5-6 times

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Quote by LilWhiteAngelTo fully understand it, watch it 5-6 times

Exactly, since there are so many in-jokes and references, both visual and verbal. Or check it out on Wikipedia, too. Has some interesting information, there.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

You know this anime had absolutely posotively lost me in the first three episodes... then I stopped watching. I couldn't get to sleep because I was always wondering "What in the name of 1999 just transpired" and I just kept on thinking of the insane storyline... in the words of Dave Chappelle: WHAT? (then later) OKAY!
That is my summary of this show: Confusion, Acceptance, Addiction.
(Still good anime)

Awesome anime yet I think the storyline was meant to let viewers never knowing exactly whats going on with a clear definition.Its like a weird rollercoaster where you just participate in its madness.

I believe this anime is the perfect solution for anyone who just needs a dose of pure confusion and chaos. Whenever i feel like the world is too chaotic for me or i'm in true need of something to rattle my brain, to wake me up from my dull surroundings, or just to make my day i watch FLCL.

I sorta have a hard time understanding it as well, but even though it's confusing i still watch it from time-2-time. All i can tell you is that it is one of those anime that you watch mainly for the madness that is in it, like Kemeko Deluxe or Macademi Wasshoi. That is the reason why i watch it...FOR THE MADNESS XD

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

I think the whole point of this anime is to teach one how to SMASH OTHER PEOPLE AND FIGHT EVIL ALIEN THINGS WITH ROCK GUITARS! BOOYA! GODDNIGHT AND PEACE OUT MINA-SAN! :pacman:

But in all seriousness

Quote by LilWhiteAngelTo fully understand it, watch it 5-6 times

Its very very true...
So get onboard and ride the chaos into the late hours of the night! XD

A moment bound in eternity.

Takeru623

Takeru623

Haruhiist

FLCL is a lot of stuff. Mostly confusing, but its technically a metaphor for puberty and maturity. If you watch it and think about it that way it starts to make more sense.

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

FLCL is the stuff of legends (while I know there are people that exist that think the exact opposite). It's a series that really made jumping into the new millennium worthwhile. Anyway, enough with my ranting.

Here is a 9-page essay (yes, nine pages, not a typo) that goes into depth about the different aspects you see in the series. I really found it beautiful and eye-opening while reading it (did that a couple of years ago, so don't remember all the stuff in it). It's an interpretation nevertheless that might answer many questions you may have and bring up newer ones, or perhaps change the way you view the series making you view it again and get a different interpretation after that, or make you go "Furi....Kura?" ^_^

Anyways, here is the link to the essay: http://peachcreek02.tripod.com/peachcreek/id17.html

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

FLCL---I finally saw this insane anime when my hall mates decided to watch it. And...yeah...it was very confusing. From what I got from it:

1) You're supposed to be confused.
2) Love or hate the randomness---you choose.
3) "Smoooooooooooch!"
4) The only thing that makes sense in FLCL is nothing.
5) Eyebrows.

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

if you wanna understand it, i suggest watching it drunk. it'll definitely make sense.

There is no storyline, at least I don't think so.
It is just an awesome anime, with a whole bunch of randomness.

FlCL is awesome the way it is

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.