Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is There Any Hope for Dead? - Minitokyo

Is There Any Hope for Dead?

Do you Believe in Resurrection as a Hope for the Dead"

Yup! I believe in future Resurrection!!! :)
7 votes
Maybe, but I'm not sure... :\
4 votes
No!! I don't believe in future Resurrection!!! >_>
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Hello my fellow MT'ers... what do you feel when your loveones died? >_<

It seems so unfair that death should have the power to take away someone you love... :( And when it happens, the thought of never again being able to talk to, laugh with, or hold your loved one can be most difficult to bear... :(

Is there, then, no future for man who dies? There is a wonderful future!

The Bible holds out a much different hope. The Scriptures indicate that it is possible to be reunited with your dead loved one in the near future, not in an unknown heaven but right here on earth under peaceful, righteous conditions. And at that time humans will have the prospect of enjoying perfect health, and they will never have to die again... :D

Jesus performed an unforgettable resurrection. It was a token of the resurrection that he had already predicted some time prior to this event, a restoration to life on earth under "a new heaven." On that occasion Jesus had said: "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out."--John 5:28, 29; Revelation 21:1, 3, 4; 2 Peter 3:13.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7317/miracles8ao.jpg

Restoring humans to life, then, is not a mere procedure for Jesus. His tender and deep feelings as manifested on this occasion clearly indicate his intense desire to undo the ravages of death... :)

Even those who have died without knowing God will be brought back to life, for the Bible states: "There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15)

The Bible shows that God's purpose of a paradise earth for all mankind, including those now dead, will never fail. Says Jehovah: "The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool." "I shall glorify the very place of my feet." (Isaiah 66:1; 60:13) Out of the abundance of his love, Jehovah sent his Son, the Word, to this earth, that the world of mankind might gain life through him. (John 3:16; 1 John 4:9)

In that restored Paradise, the human family will have the prospect of enjoying life without end, free from all sickness and disease. (Revelation 21:1-4; compare Job 33:25; Isaiah 35:5-7.) Gone, too, will be all hatred, racial prejudice, ethnic violence, and economic oppression. It will be into such a cleansed earth that Jehovah God through Jesus Christ will resurrect the dead... :D

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9195/resurrect7ad.jpg

Can we really believe the resurrection promise? Yes, there is no doubt that Jehovah God and his Son are both willing and able to fulfill it. What does this mean for you? You have the prospect of being reunited with dead loved ones right here on earth... :)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6426/resurrection3iy.jpg

What must we do to receive the blessing of living forever in Paradise on earth? A first step is to study God's Word, the Holy Bible. "This means everlasting life," Jesus said in prayer, "their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."--John 17:3.

Putting that knowledge into practice is another step to everlasting happiness in Paradise. (James 1:22-24) Those who live by God's Word have the prospect of seeing with their own eyes the fulfillment of such thrilling prophecies... :D

"The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."--Psalm 37:29

"The world (wicked mankind) is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever."--1 John 2:17

I made this thread to give hope for others... I want to see your comments & opinions... but please, post your opinions in a nice way.... :)

It is understandable how much loved ones want to see their dead ones back to life. However I do not believe that technically nor biologically possible, not to mention the ethical implications of it. As far as I am concerned, there is no solid proof a resurrection ever took place - the Bible itself is not free from falsified truths. Besides, what use is there in reviving the dead and (assuming this "resurrection" can be done multiple times on an individual) keeping their body to old age? Rather than being kept in an increasingly weakened body, it is more humane to let them die and move on to the next life, afterlife, whereever-your-religion-points-to.

Life and death is a cycle. You can't break it. If you stop death, the balance will shift such that life will be terminated as well.

Regards.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Ok, first of all, the smarmy, touchy-feely, I-love-god-and-rainbows pictures must stop. Why, in all your threads, do you feel compelled to insult us with these ridiculous pieces of propaganda?

Second of all, this is exacly why religion was invented: to assuage the fear of death by saying there's something better after life. Which leads to either people doing "good deeds" just to get into heaven, which is incredibly selfish; or, since they believe in a better life after life, they do nothing to help anyone, since they'll be happier after they die. Both ways are either morally wrong, or just plain wrong. What if this life is the only one we get? Yes, I know it's very hard to face. Deal. If this is our only life, shouldn't we try to better the world for future generations, not for one's gain in a hypothetic paradise?

And please. Stop insulting everyone's intelligence with the pictures.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

tobiast88, Their NOT Pieces of propaganda, And He Has The Right To Express Himself As Much As he Likes, Besides, How is Putting A Few Images And Bad For U? And U Feel Science Created EVERYTHING, First Of All, I Do NOT Believe In Evolution (Not Enough Proof, Or Proof Could Have Just Been Made Up By The Government To Make U Think That's The Truth) I Don't Believe A Little Marble Made Up The Whole universe, I mean C'mon, A Marble? Pffffttt, See? Now That's Something STupid To Believe, And I Agree With Everything DarkIngram Says, Even Tho I Myself Ain't Much Of A Believer I Still Feel Like There's A God.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Interesting subject. But if resurrection became reality, it would be a not-so-great thing. Think about it, people would almost never die and the world would become overpopulated. It's as bad as it is nowadays, but I keep my hopes up! There is a lot of proof that will happen one day, according to the Bible, and although I'm not a fanatic or a great believer, I still have faith in this.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Everyone dies sooner or later. If you could resurrect your loved one, that would mean that everyone who dies could be resurrected too. And the world would be overpopulated, like what pandemonium said. Here's a question for you - do you aactually want to live forever? And never die? Because personally, I don't want that.

And as for Jesus, well, why on earth didn't he resurrect himself. Doesn't He want to live to see what happens to the world? Doesn't He want to be with His loved ones? And why didn't He resurrect his loved ones as well. Oh wait, I suppose you believe that he's forever immortal. Not in flesh, but i guess in memory, faith and belief. Would THAT be resurrection to you?

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

xde, do you mean to be incoherent? These pictures are happy-dappy, I-love-god-and-rainbows pieces of fecal matter that would insult a kindergardner. He certainly has a right to post them, I'm just saying they're horrendously sappy and bad. The universe doesn't come from a marble. Read your physics textbook. And evolution? Not enough proof? The work of more than two generations of scientists, which are all much smarter than you or me, that all agree at 95% that evolution did happen - not enough proof? You think it's a government conspiracy? This is laughable. As you say, now that's something stupid to believe. Of course, I omitted the random punctuation that involved way too many captalisations.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

The figure 95% of scientists believe that evolution occured is misleading. At the same time 45% of scientists believe that God had a part to play in the history of life. So the figure of scientists who believe purely in the evolutionary history of life is only 55%.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

So? the other 45% STILL believe in evolution, even if they think it was god-induced.

Join the groups!

Actually it's more like 99.85% of scientists. Sorry to disappoint you guys.
Persocom01, that page has a lot of good information on it besides the statistics, you should read some of it.

Note that this is only U.S. scientists.

Quote by ReligiousTolerance.orgBelief in creation science seems to be largely a U.S. phenomenon. A British survey of 103 Roman Catholic priests, Anglican bishops and Protestant ministers/pastors showed that:
-97% do not believe the world was created in six days.
-80% do not believe in the existence of Adam and Eve.

Note that those aren't even scientists. =P

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Quote by alexjohnc3Actually it's more like 99.85% of scientists. Sorry to disappoint you guys.
Persocom01, that page has a lot of good information on it besides the statistics, you should read some of it.

Note that this is only U.S. scientists.

Quote by ReligiousTolerance.orgBelief in creation science seems to be largely a U.S. phenomenon. A British survey of 103 Roman Catholic priests, Anglican bishops and Protestant ministers/pastors showed that:
-97% do not believe the world was created in six days.
-80% do not believe in the existence of Adam and Eve.

Note that those aren't even scientists. =P

No, only 55% of American scientists believe purely in evolutionary theory, I examined the information from that website as well. 99.85% is a misleading figure.

XDE

XDE

Quote by tobiast88Of course, I omitted the random punctuation that involved way too many captalisations.

I Capitalize EVERY SINGLE WORD I TYPE ON MY COMPUTER, It's Just My Style Of Typing, It's My Way Of Doing It At Least

merged: 06-23-2006 ~ 05:29am
Oh Yeah, BTW We Humans Are A Disgrace Anyways, So It Doesn't Matter If There is A God Or Not, Cuz We Have Proven We Are Not Worth Of Living Anyways, We Kill Each Other, We Steal From Each Other, We Do All This Bullcrap, We Are Not Worthy At All, JUST DEAL WITH W/E PPL CHOOSE TO BELIEVE, U DON'T HAVE TO START COMPLAINING ABOUT IT LIKE A B****

I, of course, share the same opinion as you about the resurrection. I would like to add to your point however that science also supports this somewhat. Many scientists have discovered that it is coded into our DNA that humans are intended to live forever, they are just unable to explain why we die at the mere age of 70 or 80 (and this this is obviously because of imperfection). If God had created us to live forever, he will definitely fulfill his purpose and resurrect the dead and make humans perfect again.

\\\"Pervert!!!\\\" -Naru Narusegewa
member ofhinalovers
animated-animation

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Science - supports - resurrection? Dwah? Sources please? or have I missed the resurrected zombies that would give me visual proof?
Sarcasm aside, Darkestmage, resurrection is a far cry from prolongation, which is what you're talking about with freezing DNA. Unfortunately, bodies tend to not like freezing, so life prolongation is at standstill for now. We die because our bodies give out in the end, because we are imperfect, BUT how on earth can you imagine that some day, POOF! just like that our decomposed bodies will miraculously come back together to "fulfill god's purpose"? He'll make us perfect again? Well, he didn't seem to have done the job right the first time, did he? And he kinda set himself up for it, he puts two people in a garden and says, all this is yours to touch and explore, but don't touch that specific tree; and I won't tell you why, either. Duh! People are curious, touch the tree and that's the end of it. God screws up and blames his creation, how mature.
Anyway, the whole concept of resurrection is a crock.

Oh, and xde? It's Your Style, Huh? Awww, how adorable. You don't want to be legible, you won't be taken seriously, mr kindergardener. I complain about what you people believe because your holy book advocates stoning and burning for completely irrational things (such as homosexuality or wearing two types of cloth at the same time), and you people also have a nasty tendancy to force your beliefs as "THE ULTIMATE TRUTH", as you would capitalize it, on the world at large. And since "We Have Proven We Are Not Worth Of Living Anyways, We Kill Each Other, We Steal From Each Other, We Do All This Bullcrap, We Are Not Worthy At All", it seems the morals advocated in your fairytale book haven't worked out too well. Atheism doesn't have this self-esteem problem about not being able to fulfill the demands of a book written two millenia ago by people with a fraction of the knowledge we have today.

Join the groups!

Quote by Persocom01No, only 55% of American scientists believe purely in evolutionary theory, I examined the information from that website as well. 99.85% is a misleading figure.

What makes the beliefs of the 54.85% less "purely evolutionary theory" exactly?

Ha, this is pretty off-topic... anyways, I think it *might* be possible to recover the conscious beings who have died in a future time. If cryopreservation works out then I'd think those people would be the first to be brought back to life since we'd need the least technological advances to succeed in bringing them back. Actually, we may be able to live indefinately eventually.

We Miserable Humans Do Not DESERVE To Live Because There Are Inconsiderate Jerkwads Who Type In Purposely Obnoxious Ways Without Any Regard To Other People's Eyesight Or Mental Health, I Just Killed Someone Because Humans Kill Each Other And The Human I Killed Did Not Deserve To Live Because He Is A Murderer, People Who Kill People Should Be Killed, The World Would Be A Lot More Nicer Without People Who Kill Or People Who Type Like Serial Killers, Soon We Will All Suffer The Wrathe Of Uncaring Nuclear Bomb Dropping Global Warming Having Humans And The Dolphins Will Take Over Because Dolphins Don't Hug People With Nuclear Arms, So Long Everyone, Have Fun Stabbing Puppies and Kicking Kittens YOU WILL DIE RAWR! xD

XDE

XDE

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK.......O_O

merged: 06-24-2006 ~ 04:21pm
nvm -_-

Quote by PlunkiesWe Miserable Humans Do Not DESERVE To Live Because There Are Inconsiderate Jerkwads Who Type In Purposely Obnoxious Ways Without Any Regard To Other People's Eyesight Or Mental Health, I Just Killed Someone Because Humans Kill Each Other And The Human I Killed Did Not Deserve To Live Because He Is A Murderer, People Who Kill People Should Be Killed, The World Would Be A Lot More Nicer Without People Who Kill Or People Who Type Like Serial Killers, Soon We Will All Suffer The Wrathe Of Uncaring Nuclear Bomb Dropping Global Warming Having Humans And The Dolphins Will Take Over Because Dolphins Don't Hug People With Nuclear Arms, So Long Everyone, Have Fun Stabbing Puppies and Kicking Kittens YOU WILL DIE RAWR! xD

If it weren't for the smiley at the end and your username, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you weren't xDE. ;)

Quote by alexjohnc3
If it weren't for the smiley at the end and your username, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you weren't xDE. ;)

Nah, the smily face actually was him. After I made my post he deleted his post that was immediately before it that looked just like it. He yelled in caps lock a little more but other than that they're pretty similar. Only problem is the joke isn't quite as funny since he removed his previous post that I was copying. But on the plus side you don't have to read what he wrote so you won't get the headache I did.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.