Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My Ouran Host club Deleted Wallies. :( - Minitokyo

My Ouran Host club Deleted Wallies. :(

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

I keep putting em on and MT keep taking em off....*cries* Please feel free to leave this noob comments and critz so I can get betta ;)

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2806/kyoyahikarukaoru6np.th.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2130/hostclub9ur.th.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/485/morinhunnywallpaper7xc.th.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8447/darkkyoya3og.th.jpg

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

While some bgs are ok, the scans aren't extracted proporly or clean. You need to work on your extractions and cleaning.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

These are the reasons they were deleted
Stock Photo Backgrounds - 3 and 4 both have backgrounds that look like they came from a stock source and were left unedited as an image. (Text added does not count) Wall one looks iff on this count, I couldn't say for sure yes or no.

Bad extraction - 1,2, and 3 have bad extraction, you can see that the edges are very pixelated and the second one even has white around it.

Use of Screenshot - Wall 3 uses an uncleaned screenshot as a focal image. It's grainy and poor quality.

And for my personal opinions on the format of the walls.
Wall 1: I dislike the abstract background and don't think it complements the character placement. It just seems random "Hey, I have this funky brown BG (that I may or may not have created) and I want to add characters!" *splash* It doesn't seem to actually have a cohesive design to it.

Wall 2: I actually like the idea of that text, it looks like you could go somewhere with that theme and background, but I'm disappointed to see Chibi Tamaki in uniform with a rose. The Background does accent the character, but the character doesn't fit with the theme presented by the background. The background implies more attitude and would compliment a more casual looking character better.

Wall 3: I actually like the design of this. The Series title text is nice and works with the wall, the Characters are well placed and they fit with the implied theme of the wallpaper. I'm not fond of the iridescent character name text in the bottom corner, but it's not something that needs to be complained about... the fact that the focal image is bad quality is and the BG looks to be a nice quality. You could try to dither the quality of the BG to match the characters, but it would still have the notch of using a screenshot as the focal image, which is outlined in the policy as unacceptable.

Wall 4: Nice color scheme, the BG ties in well with the character... but why is an intelligent young man in a high class shirt with a ROSE on a fancy cushioned stool in an old warehouse that's in disrepair? I understand that the concept is likely that Kyoya has a dark side, but the character image does not bring this theme across. Plus the dirty and detailed realism of the photo BG seems off next to the clean and smooth vector. If you want to fix it up, maybe you could add some effects that make it seem like it is a "minds eye" type wallpaper instead of a realistic setting.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

the background of the first and third ones are nice, but all of these backgrounds (except maybe the first one) don't seem to have any connection with your characters. they seem rather random and slapped on... esp the second one. it's just a random texture, and a rather distracting one (not something I'd want on my desktop)

the bg of the fourth one looks like a photograph. the extraction and image are cleaner than the others. but just using a photograph for a background doesn't speak any effort. I'd be careful using photographs, because the realistic style usually doesn't fit with the anime style.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Hmm I notice that there is a multple thread going on. To be fair, let's make this the main thread because it has more replies and have a link to the other thread which has a very good reply as well.

My wallpapers that keep getting scrapped, LOL

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

hey.. what as i can see that most ov ur scans is not clean n a good u can still see the white spaces all over it ^_^ it need to be more cleand
and one ov ur wallie the 3rd one the scan is not high quality u must vector or something like that
about ur bg(s), all ov them are simple u didnt use so much effects u didnt make new ideas or something creative u just use photoshop effects n some ov ur bgs >_< if i am not wrong if i am well i'm sorry ^_^''
and u forgot something so important n making wallies .. theshadows and light effects u really need to use those things to mkae ur wallies look better ^_^
good luck to u ...

Okay, let's do this one by one:

1) Scan extratction isn't clean (there's clear pixellation around all characters) and the scan itself is extreme dull coloured - whether intentional or not, it doesn't look good under any circumstances. Background is decent, but overall the wall lacks any real concept.

2) Again, scan extration is unclean, jpeg compression is glaringly obvious. This is probably the worst of teh bunch, to be honest.

3) Screencaps are unnacepatble in wallpapers, unless vectored. This is obviously a screencap of Mori and Honey-senpai. Other than that, this wall has the least problems of the four.

4) This is an example of "scan meets stock" . scan meets stock does NOT equal wallpaper. While the scan (vector? where did you get this Kyoya image from?) is high quality, it looks to be placed on a randomly selected stock and called a wall.

As a general statement for you, you need to work on concept: what are you trying to acheive with your walls? what is your purpose, and how are you going to bring it about?

Good luck.

How do I delete these threads?

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

You can't. You have to wait for a mod to close it.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

LOL....ok Thx ^_^;

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Quote by ningHow do I delete these threads?

actually if you want it close fast you can pm a moderator or report it to be closed..

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Closing.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.