Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Windows Vista: Yes or No? - Minitokyo

Windows Vista: Yes or No?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

PLan on getting it when its more stable I guess but it just eats my rams like crazy

From my experience, when we want a general use, juz use XP. Vista is so hard to use, unless u know how to use it properly (+ some program sometimes didn't match with one another). But still viva Vista ^^

i also am quite content with XP, i even have a copy of Vista but really don't see much need to upgrade yet. Everything on my pc is working fine with XP and i get all my work done so....i will wait a bit

Vista is quite annoying to me. Some of my XP programs didn't run and it took me weeks to find out how to get them to. It's just an overall pain to me, especially with Microsoft works when I need Office.

gundam00

gundam00

Gundam Pilot

Well I have Vista Basic is kind of XP but I think XP is better still probably Vista is going to be better in one or two years.

Wing Zero
Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Vista is obnoxious... stuff doesn't work. I can't believe that they even put it out. >_<

XP is great, no problems... only awesome. ^^

cerealjoe

cerealjoe

The day we caught the train...

I only have XP on my laptop and I totally hate it. Okie, so for more explanations, I used to have the XP laptop and a great computer with all my important stuff running Windows 98se and that was amazing, I had it up until last March, no virus, no nothing, everything working perfectly fine. I then needed a faster computer for work and so I got a new one with Vista on it... and you know what, compared to XP, I think it's better... IF you take ten minutes to take the obnoxious "are you sure you are allowed to do that?" stuff and make some driver adjustments, it works just fine and when you have a computer that can handle it, it's great... heck, I even got stuff like Catia running great in Vista even though everyone is telling me that they can't get it to work.

I'm telling you, the important thing is to take those ten minutes and customise Vista to your needs and then it beats XP by a mile.

Signature Image
What do you call a girl with a rifle in a corn field? A cereal killer.
In TARTIFLETTE we trust!

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

I don't plan on ever getting Vista, since one of my friends who works in IT installed it one one of the three PCs in his home network and it decided to delete several hundred important files on one of the other computers when he asked it to look up a file he needed for work and it didn't recognise the file type. That and the sheer amount of system bloat, incorporated spyware, and the fact that it thinks it knows more about how I want to run my computer than I do.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

I'm tired with Windows. Say VISTA is lot of
Virus : of course it's Windows
Intrusion : crash, BSOD
Spyware
Trojan
Adware

rest of three you don't need to ask me.
Im thinking to migrate to other OS. Maybe Linux or MacOS X.

NO!
vista is slow, security and drivers specially wireless have troubles

bokuwacherries

living good

i think XP is better.. vista is a lot more complicated.. i've seen it at other's comp.. i still like XP.. and i will continue using it.

live life to full!! <the ultimate motto>

So long Vista, Hello 7!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/444/windows7wallkr6.jpg

edit: (12/16/07) The release candidate of Vista Service Pack1 and Released Candidate of XP Service Pack 3 is now available for public download.

From personal experience updating to sp1 improves file transfers, windows usage of dual, quad, or multi-cores cpus has improved and it's become more responsive.

Signature

sp1 supposed to improve vista, so we'll see what happens when it is releases

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

I'm using XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop.
I found Vista sometimes is unstable but it can be fix with $$... :D Vista is improving and I prefer using Vista too :) I found Vista is more organize than XP. So I do my assignments on Vista. I use my XP to play online games and watch movies only :P

Hi! i have alredy installed Vista over 10 time in the last year ( incl. RC1, Rc2 Vista 32&64 bit and Vista SP1 64 and 32 bit ) and i saw that the work that M$ did with this Os is great in this year, for example now i'm running Vista 64 bit with SP1 ( beta.. asdasd ) and it is really fast! in have a core 2 T5600 cpu and 2 Gb of ram on laptop, and firefox 3 beta 2 ( i don't use 64 bit versione because there isn't flash player 64 bit ) and the program start in less then 5 second, when, this summe, using vista 32 bit firefox starti in over 1 minute! and now is also very stable! in 2 week that i use This os with Sp1 i don't see any blue screen.
I have also XP on my laptop, but only for compatibility question with some programs that i need for work.
my os use in idle over 800 mb of ram, but it isn't a problem, i have 2 gb that is the minimum for running this os ( i think ) and it isn't a problem byy 2 or more Gb od ddr2 today!

In my opinion, i don't like Vista because it's cost too much for the hardware and if it's just for more beautiful display, it was a big waste. With those who really need it, i don't have anymore to say but with me, XP is enough. I heard the rumor that Microsoft made Vista run harder on purpose to sell new hardware. I still can't confirm is it true but i won't use Vista just because it's more beautiful. Vista defender is suck because it really don't have any use in protect us if there is virus and also it still can't detect a lot of XP virus. It also make your PC run slower. No Vista until it make me feel more reliable.

Lol, I used to think Vista was great, but when I started using Linux my Vista partition seemed to be infinitely slow after using Linux. I use Linux mostly now, Vista may have some nice features, but they take up too many resources which is obviously unnecessary since Linux has lots of eye candy without slowing down your system. Now that I can see that contrast, Ill be moving my Vista partition back to XP in an effort to speed it up. My advice, use XP or Linux.

I will say no to Vista because it too bloated and resources eater too much, sometimes lag your computer till it will crash at times.

I will say yes if Windows Vista become Windows XP type of performance because I missing my Windows XP performance.... Whenever I look at my laptop I just feel like booting it to Windows XP.

SuperGrouper

SuperGrouper

usually not here

Vista didn't function for me until I installed FOUR GIGABYTES of memory- and this was on a brand new laptop with a core 2 duo processor. Hordes of users are fleeing to Linux to escape Vista, which is actually a downgrade from XP.

I'm not on very often. If you PM me, expect to wait about a year or so before I get around to checking it.

Quote by SuperGrouperVista didn't function for me until I installed FOUR GIGABYTES of memory- and this was on a brand new laptop with a core 2 duo processor. Hordes of users are fleeing to Linux to escape Vista, which is actually a downgrade from XP.

Your comment is so full of BS! Have you ever thought of all the "bloatwares" they installed which makes it slow? Maybe you can try uninstalling those first before bashing an OS whether it's a Mac or Windows.

2nd, Vista does not need 4gb of ram just to run, all it need is 1GB minimum and at least 2GB if you want a better experience and better response time. Have 4gb in order to run is pure nonsense!

3rd, what's with this linux crap? All you idiots out there that support linux as if it was a God can never give valid reasons why to make the switch from a Windows or a Mac based machine to a free open source platform.

I've ran linux before, Ubuntu (also Suse and Sayabon) and in order for me to install a simple video card driver requires that I have a Masters degree in spaghetti coding. And after 5 hours on the linux forums, wikis and other sources that might help me sort out this issue, I say to myself fu8k it! Since I already got my 3D effects I don't need a driver update.

Speaking of this 3D effect, linux lacks centralized support. In order for me to enable Beryl (their name has changed to something else). I had to go through loads of sites dependent from one another in order to make it work and if one site is dead then it's back to square one. Not only that I had to do compiling and other nonsense coding just to have my 3D effects.

In the end after spending hours and hours just to install 2 simple softwares. It made me realized running linux is a waste of energy and time. And If I had trouble doing these 2 simple things, then think about those that barely knows how to operate a computer. What are they going to get? A heart attack, high blood pressure or maybe sudden death?

Seriously if linux wants to capture the masses like Windows and Mac, then they better have a centralized support, easy to install drivers, and make the entire OS easy to use for everyone not just for those that knows spaghetti coding. If they can't even fix these 3 simple flaws and get their ignorant minds (Linus Torvald) to think about the average consumer, then all linux can do is to continue to suck eggs.

BTW: Your comment truly shows the lack of knowledge you really have. It's pathetic and a disgrace not only to Windows and Mac users, but to the linux community as a whole. >=(

Signature

motogp

motogp

Snorlax

No just because it requires a nice decent system.Installing Windows Vista Premium or Basic isnt fun.The fun is in the Ultimate version the transparent screen and such.But that one requires a little bit of system.Also not all the old games are supported on Vista so No!

wow man... props on the post! @_@ you really worked on that lol.... =) i'ma be lookin at yours when i needa use it *bookmarked* =)

Vista with bad performance... im happy with windows xp

vista: NO

Windows vista: Nel nel nel nel ni madres

No because according to my bro. there is still many errors there.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.