Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What anime character has, or had the worst childhood - Minitokyo

What anime character has, or had the worst childhood

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 179 total items

I was watching evangelion and I got to admit. I feel real sorry for Shinji. His life is so messed up. Of all the animes I have seen I think he has the worst childhood. Anyine think theres someone out there that has it worst?

I haven't seen Evangelion, but the one I've seen so far is from a manwha.
Main kid had it hard, but when we see the other children, we can see that everyone's having it pretty hard. Death everywhere, war, hunger, violence, discrimination, sickness, revenge after revenge, underaged assassins, torture, etc. It's like, a default setting when you're born in that world. That's war for ya.

In Elfen Lied the poor nyu hated humans because they made her life a little hell, killing everyone she loved and she had no friends in her past. t.t

Shiki Tohno from Shingetsutan Tsukihime..
He was stabbed by his own father (I think... I haven't finished the anime)

Shinji's also kinda sad but he doesn't care much about his life anyways

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

I think remi was the one with the worst one, i mean, he lost mother, gramps, dogs, monkey, practically everything; i can't remember a single episode that didn't have a crying scene

himura088

himura088

~Smile

hmm.. I think Kenshin had a bad childhood too.
His aunts got slaughtered in front of him. He faced so much killings to people close to him. But at least Hiko raised him. So probably Kenshin hasn't that bad a childhood.

i think nyu is worst out of them all.
she was abandon, betrayed, and cause of a misunderstanding she killed the family of the only person who care about her.
also she grew up in a confine coffin like thing...

then again there's also nana, but she's too innocent, so she didn't suffer as much as it look like

I know for a FACT Bash the stampede has it the hardest....trigun
I mean he hates death and killing yet he has to kill......Plus hes brother killed his best friend and he has to kill his brother.....
And just LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCARS

what about gaara? his childhood - pretty messed up

Yeah, I agree. Gaara is messed.
How about Sasuke? Dude, his bro killed his clan and parents.

Yeah, I'll go with Evangelion. Hell, pretty much all the characters from that have messed up childhoods (but if I had to pick just one character from that anime I'd go with Asuka). Also Kamui from X, possibly other characters also from that anime. And others, of which I really can't think of right now. I think I just like angsty characters too much.

Ye gaara to me tops the bill. I mean from the moment of his existence he was cursed as a monster, everyone hated and feared him because of what he had inside him .Even his "mother" cursed him because he caused her so much pain. The only person who cared for Gaara tried to assassinate him after being ordered to do so by Gaaras father! .Plus the amount of rejection and betrayal is enough to send anyone mad. Naruto almost went down that road, luckily he was saved .

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Quote by vatican92Shiki Tohno from Shingetsutan Tsukihime..
He was stabbed by his own father (I think... I haven't finished the anime)

Seconded.

And I'll add Soushi Minazuki from Fafner (

Spoiler (show)

he got assimilated when he was a child

). He got that scar from Kazuki during his childhood days. (forgot how it happened, still on vol. 4 of the series)

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I'll second Shinji from Evangelion and Kamui from X... They had to go through some pretty messed up stuff in their lives so far...

Signature Image

starri

starri

Starri...

For Childhood I wold say Train Hartnet from Black Cat! ***SPOILERS*** The guy who taught Train how to fight killed Trains parents and the that was Trains goal to kill the guy back. But when Train Hartnet came home the guy was killed...

i reakon NARUTO naruto.. because he had a bad childhood life with a demon in side him and he doesnt know that and has no friends in his childhood and all the adult treat him like a piece of trash ...

OR susuke his whole clan got killed in one night by his brother and his everbody gone

cain from hakushaku cain (manga)

enishi from rurouni kenshin

fuu
naruto
and sasuke

I don't know about anybody here but I think Edward from FMA. After all he did lose his whole family momentarily. Then has to put up with Roy all the time. Then a wrench to the head every time he sees winry. To top things off almost everybody in that series wants to kill him (besides the military and his close friends).

merged: 06-23-2006 ~ 01:26pm
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that automail of his. Think of having your nerves rejoined every time something happens to the automail.

Now that I think about it, and read a few of your reply, I couldn't agree more with elbalde. Each of the episodes have at least a little crying scene... It's just so sad to see a child growing up in a cruel way like that in a peaceful world. Thrown away by his parents (for a good reason fortunately), growing up in a little animal circus group that goes around the country, and he even lost his only mentor (and yes, he also lost his best animal attraction and friend, a monkey). But all this for the better part of his life. Fortunately a boy his age joined, and they travel together ever since. First to find Remi's mother, then to travel the world doing what they do best: performing circus attraction.

I believe I've never seen animes like this again ever since. 8)

SH

Probally Enishi Yukishiro from Rurouni Kenshin. Coz it must've been painful for him to see his sister die in Kenshin's hand and filled with all that pain, he was also attacked by diseases and almost died many times. Not to mention it was during the Boshin War... Yup, I can guess it's most probally Enishi

1wakemeup1

1wakemeup1

Wake Me Up;

I would say Nyu from Elfen Lied. I sure as heck would be traumatized and forced to kill people if they tormented me like that. :|

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

gaara from naruto, yep he's childhood sooo mess up, urgh..... makes me want to hug him when they played gaara's childhood >-< sob sob aah and also i want to give him a teddy bear he he he ^^

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I'm not sure about the worse, but some people who have it bad are:

Kaoru from Ai Yori Aoshi.
& definately all the eva children,
they've all got it bad..

and maybe Yuki & Kyo from Furuba.
Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED Destiny.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 179 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.