Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What anime character has, or had the worst childhood - Minitokyo

What anime character has, or had the worst childhood

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 179 total items

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Quote by RaiMinakamiNagi Souichiro of Tenjou Tenge

Snap, forgot about him too.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

FMA - ed, al
Kannazuki no Miko - Soma
Naruto - Iruka, Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Sakura
Star Ocean 2 - Dias
Star Ocean 3 - Maria, Albel
Disgaea - Laharl

how about that reall fast guy that kenshin has to fight before his finale with shishio, the kid had a pretty rough childhood, being slaved and punished all the time and then forced to smile even tho unhappy, thats quite sad XD

I would have to say Subaru from Tokyo Babylon. Throughout his life as a child he trusted his friend Seishiro, but was pretended to be loved and liked by him. As fait would have it Seishiro is the Sakurazukamori (the clan of assasins, but in reality there is only one) and was marked by him as a victim.
:( Then someone he trusted killed his close and only sister. Subaru had to live with this for 7 years to finally be told the truth. His memories were sealed by Seishiro, when he whitness one of his many killings. Then his pain carried on throughout X. As Seishiro died slowly in Subaru arms, he was told by Seishiro that he loved him! So all along he did have feeling for Subaru...and even though Seishiro killed Hokuto Subaru still liked him but was still hurt by it......I wish they had more of a happy ending. Why did Seishiro have to die? Things might have worked out if he was still alive. WHAaaa!

i don't know a lot of anime, but i find inuyasha had quite a bad childhood...not accepted by humans or demons, no daddy, always bullied by village children and hunted after by demons... miroku had kinda sad past too...lost his mom at a young age, dad died from kazanna when he was 10, at the same time had the kazanna, and had to pretend to be very cheerful...

sakuraUsagi

sakuraUsagi

Sakura's Page

Soichoiro from Kare Kano

i think gaara from naruto,its so sad

Kouta - Elfen Lied Relatives killed by someone whom he kinda trusted/know right in front of his eyes...messed up enough
Lucy(not Nyu...althou they are the same person) - Elfen Lied She who kills lots of ppl in order to survive...made born to kill at young age(Nyu is the innocent one...lucy is the one who kill)
Tsubasa - Kannaduki no Miko sure young souma has his life rough...but Tsubasa is worse than him, kill his father(step-) inorder to protect souma, got into jail...lived to fight his brother...
Camille Bidan(teen maybe?) - Z-Gundam you can say he is a rebel...but his parent dun care about him....and saw his parents killed infront of his eyes(god...the character's parents also got killed infront of them=_=), forced to go to war...

the 3 in EVA are not really that bad IMO....Shinji, no one wants him...thats basicly it...Gaara is worse than him; Asuka...ok, fine...same spoiler as b4...seeing 'that' infront of her eye at young age is really bad enough; Rei is just a 'doll' IMO...and idk she even has her own emotion(except for the 'last' one)

Shinn Asuka? good for him...seeing his family got killed in war...and roared...acting all emo...i say HE is messed up...not his childhood lol

i dun watch that much anime...but those are the ones that i know of...

p.s. no, shiki's childhood isn't that bad compared to others...its kinda his 'destiny' in the clan...
p.s.2 oh...almost forgot minagi and misuzu in AIR...they are really self-explainatory ^^

*edited* no offence here...but if this isnt for anime char. only....i would definitly put MJ there on the top of the list...that man really got his childhood messed...

after having watched and read berserk.. i would have to say that Guts probably had one of the worst childhoods.... being born from his mother right before she dies as she was hung on a tree and knowing nothing but fighting as his childhood was entirely spent on a mercenary camp...

cherry-blossem

cherry-blossem

Tamaki Cheer

For me I think Garaa from Naruto had the worst childhood cuz everyone feared him, they hated him, his own MOTHER cursed him and people were always trying to kill him = =

I feel so sry for him...I want to go up to him and just give him a hug > < - I'll most likely get killed by him if I hugged him > <

angelgirlz

angelgirlz

~ In The Clouds ~

I guess Cain had pretty bad childhood... He was born from incest, then his dad whipped him everyday, his mom was in a nuthouse and killed herself after seeing him.
His dad tried to kill him too

Also Gaara I guess...

Signature
All memories are traces of tears...
But they define who we are and remind us that nothing lasts forever...

My vote goes for Nyu in elfen lied. She had it pretty bad...

Guts from beserk or some of the kids in Now and Then, Here and There. But I absolutly disagree about Gaara.

&*&$# I dont know why people are even comparing.

I think Kyo from Fruits Basket had one of the worst childhoods in my opinion. He had to grow knowing his own family hated him and had to grow up knowing just his existence was despised by everyone around him. His own mother took her life because she couldn't handle the truth of his curse.

I can think of several anime characters who've had it hard, but one that comes to mind right now is Colette from Tales of Symphonia. She was born for the sole purpose of being a sacrifice to save the world, so she was very lonely all the time and even her family and classmates treated her like she wasn't a real person. I think loneliness is one of the most painful feelings...

To be honest, I think this is kind of in vain. It's almost an archetype or 'must-have' in anime for characters to have terrible childhoods. >.> Let's look at the cast from Naruto, for example. Almost everyone has something crappy in their past.
Beware! Spoilers ahead!

Sasuke:

Spoiler (show)

Big brother killed entire family

Naruto:

Spoiler (show)

Shunned and hated by village for being Kyuubi's vessel, almost got killed by best friend (does that count as childhood?)

Gaara:

Spoiler (show)

Father tried to kill him on a regular basis, no one loved him, murdered people (including uncle) as a vent to prove his existence...

Haku:

Spoiler (show)

Father killed mother and tried to kill him because of his kekkei genkai descendence, stuck living on the streets

Kakashi:

Spoiler (show)

Father committed suicide for the shame of having done something that put a mission in danger, friend got killed saving his life and had his left Sharingan eye surgically removed and implanted into Kakashi as a final birthday gift

Yeah... But really, you see angst-filled pasts in almost every anime. Aside from the aforementioned, you've got Furuba's Momiji, Kyou, and Yuki, Edward and Alphonse Elric (FMA), Tao Ren/Dao Lian (Shaman King)... The list stretches on for miles.
I can't say who's had the worst childhood. I can't fully understand how hard it is for them because I've not had to live with such hardships. But, if I was the "character with the worst childhood", I know that I wouldn't want to be pitied, nor would I want to be recognised as such. I think there's always someone else out there that has experienced something similar or worse than I had. I don't think that other people can fully accept or understand what having a bad childhood is like unless they've had one. I'm not going to judge. I think that lots of character's have had bad childhoods. What's more important is how it has affected their current life and behaviour.

I agree, most characters have had at least one major trauma that they have had to overcome.

i think Gaara

I think edward elric and alphonse elric had a really bad childhood then anyother anime that i have seen . I mean common ed lost his left legt and left arm and al lost his hole body and they were doing that to save there mom but they had no clue of equvilent exchange and i mean ....that has got to be the worst child hood memories ......and they really did suffer a lot

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I say any of the girls from Gunslinger Girl but my top candidate is Henrietta.

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

I think that Gaara from Naruto had a terrible childhood being feared and rejected since his birth.

Shiki from Shingetsutan Tsukihime had a bad childhood as he was sent to a relative and forced to live there.
Kyo from Fruits Basket had a bad childhood maybe worse than Shiki's because everybody even his mother thought that he was disgusting as he had the curse of cat year.Momiji and several other Fruits Basket characters too had bad childhood referring to their jyunishi curse.

Fruits basket children, all of them, have had horrible child hood experiences. It's sad.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I have two picks ... One was already mentioned though. Now if you haven't seen Elfen Lied or Fruits Basket, I suggest NOT reading my post, it will contain SPOILERS.

Elfen Lied:

Spoiler (show)

For my first one I would have to say Kouta from Elfen Lied, he had, he witnessed a killing of his sister and father in one place. It tramatized him so much he had to go to the hospital afterwards from the shock, leading to later he had forgotten all about it. I can't imagine having your family members brutally killed right in front of you like that, poor Kouta.

Fruits Basket:

Spoiler (show)

For the second choice, it would be Tohru from Fruits Basket. While on the outside she is all happy and cheerful, inside she suffers from having her mother pass away in a car accident when she was so young. She felt bad for not seeing her off on that day, when it was the last day she would ever see her mom. Although, like kmbailey0005 said, all the children of the zodiac had bad childhoods. Kyou's another one, everyone saw him as cursed, and stayed far away from him. He always felt like an outsider, he wasn't even welcomed to the Sohma family.

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 179 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.