Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 w.a.r. website up! (and, ironing out collab round kinks) - Minitokyo

w.a.r. website up! (and, ironing out collab round kinks)

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Six more days... mwe he he! And this year's w.a.r. website is finally up, huge thanks to several of the judges as well as awesome chara for helping put everything together: http://minuial.net/war/ All the modified rules are on there, as well as schedule, awards, and whatnot, so definitely go take a lookie if you've been confused about how the w.a.r. is supposed to work. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to drop them here :)

And also we've been wondering if this year we can make the collab round a collaboration between a waller and a doujin artist (think along the lines of MT character class contest walls). We're a bit worried though 'cause it involves some extra work, and in any case this will only work if enough people are interested, so yea, nay, let us know what you think XD

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I think the collab shouldn't just be 2 people. I think the idea of having a douinshi as part of the work is really creative and could be very interesting, but limiting it to 2 people kinda ruins all the fun (I had so much fun with the Collab last year!)

I think it'll depend in the end on how many doujinshi artists are interested in participating in a wallpaper/doujinshi group competition and how many of the wallers want to participate in the collab. - I personally am caught in the middle since I just want to participate in the collab this year and my forte is vectoring, and brainstorming - I don't have wonderful effect skills and my original work isn't that impressive, though I can make impressive edits while vectoring (changing outfits and hair while keeping the same pose) alone, I surely fall short and if there were just in a wall/doujin duo I wouldn't know which end would be better for me, what the rules would be or anything like that.

I think groups of 3 or more would be my preference though...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Sandra

Sandra

.:: Haya karo waru karo ::.

WALLPAPER MUST BE 1600:1200 !?

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Sandra, I'm sorry I can't answer your query, but I suggest we wait for flyindreams to answer that, ok? But what do you think about a collab with doujinshi artists on wallpapers?

I love Terra-chan's suggestion on "more-than-2" wall-doujin collab team members... and hi there, Terra-chan! (*crosses fingers that more support for the collab comes...)

Oh, but we have to thank ________, _________, _________ and _________ for all the hard work on the off-MT website! You know who you are, mystery people!

But I think I made some boo-boos on the W.A.R. site's code: on "Intents", link on "rules.htm", the whole page shows up on the *what-do-you-call-it?* frame(?)/small window(?). Help?

And I'll also bellow an evil laugh... mwa-ha-ha-ha... 6 days to go! Gather your gear, pray to your respective idols and prepare for W.A.R.!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Sandra

Sandra

Collaboration waller and doujinsgi master....well.....dunno :P I'm still sure that i'm gonna lose very fast :D But i need to try to see how good(or bad...) amd I :))

merged: 06-23-2006 ~ 10:29pm
Ow my ow my I'm so scarred because of the WAR ;___;
I'm sure i'll be crashed like a little bug on the window !

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by SandraWALLPAPER MUST BE 1600:1200 !?

^_^' I forgot about 1280x960. Oops... That should be the new minimum res ^^

merged: 06-23-2006 ~ 11:57pm
Fixed, and fixed the rules link on the intents page chara ^^

Sandra

Sandra

You scarred me with this 1600x1200 XD

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Quote by SandraCollaboration waller and doujinsgi master....well.....dunno :P I'm still sure that i'm gonna lose very fast :D But i need to try to see how good(or bad...) amd I :))

For last year's collab, the UA (we did it in mt groups and not randomly drawn groups) brainstormed together and chose the scan to work from... then we assigned jobs for the collab participants (5 members) I did the Vector outline, Evo did the vector color, then there was the natural background, the city background and then all the tweaking and after effects. We handed it from person to person in succession for the jobs to be done.

And I don't see what's wrong with 1600x1200 o.o I make all my walls that size as default.

Anyway, for a 3 person collab, depending on the doujinshi artist... The artist would do the sketch, another person can clean up the sketch, and another person incorporates the background. That would be my ideal (I'd be position 2)

But if original vectors would be allowed...

Hold on, I'll upload an example...
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3127/ahiru8im.th.jpg My edited Vector - new hair, new outfit.
http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/180791.jpg Original Scan

So would Doujinshi like that be allowed?

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Quote by flyindreamsFixed, and fixed the rules link on the intents page chara ^^

Thanks, flyindreams! Everyone, smother her with love, lol... oh wait, we're at war! Everyone, attack! Mwa-ha-ha...

Quote by Terra-chanAnyway, for a 3 person collab, depending on the doujinshi artist... The artist would do the sketch, another person can clean up the sketch, and another person incorporates the background. That would be my ideal (I'd be position 2)

Or, alternately, the (1)doujin artist makes the whole main image and the (2)wallpaper artist makes the background based on the ideas of the (3)concept-idea person! Or, some other collab/tasking combination there is. I think it would really depend on how the team would divide their tasks, I suppose. I guess a three-person team setup isn't bad, and it would be more rowdy and fun at the same time.

(*again, 'crosses fingers harder and 'wishes to hear more feedback from other w.a.r. participants......)

Re: Terra-chan's query on allowing vectors in doujin-waller-collab... if the source of the vector is from the team doujin artist's original sketch and not from a scan, then I think it's a good idea! To emphasize, the doujin artist in the collab team creates the sketch as based on the given theme. The modified-Princess-Tutu-example you provided, Terra-chan, isn't what I have in mind... but I do like the "3-person-team" setup you said earlier! 'Hope that was clear enough!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Yes, yes ^_^ I didn't expect Vector edits would be allowed, but it's the only way I could make something actually wall-worthy in the doujinshi department. I don't have a scanner and can only use a mouse and I'm TERRIBLE at dynamic poses in freestlye. Which is why I started doing vector edits to get my art concepts across when I want a dynamic pose.

And In your example Chara, the 3rd position could be how to tie it together... like maybe the BG person knows the doujinshi concept, but needs to work on the BG before he can see it, so person 3 has to tie the character in with the background and add effects and touch things up. I don't think having one person alone doing concepts and ideas is fun, all 3 members must physically put something, some work, into the wall.

But yes, those are the two ways of doing things. either you have a Doujinshi artist that is confident with CG computer art, or one that isn't (many doujinshi sketches are not clean enough for a wallpaper, at least in my opinion)

*starts imagince collab team selection*
THe Doujinshi artist is the focal member of the group and then they choose 2 people whose skills they think coincide with their art style XD walkure would probably go for Chara's team set-up while someone like Frosty may go for my team setup XD

It boils down to being who wants to participate... so far I'm still the only one down for collabs... ~_~

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

(*still crossing fingers harder til they bleed, lol...)

... or maybe I should start 'herding' the w.a.r. participants via PM? Or maybe start another quicky/quirky campaign drive to invite other doujin artists who, just as Terra-chan said, might go for her imagined/proposed team setup, just to keep the Collab Part going?

Hey, who am I asking here? lol.... hnnn, 'must wait for approval before I go running 'round this virtual space like a mad dog, heheh. Thanks, Terra-chan, for the very nice ideas! Hnnn, lol... I don't mean to bypass flyindreams' go-go signal, but what do you think, Terra-chan, 'bout inviting them "less-skilled" (I'm out of more correct terms to describe 'em!) doujiners to join up for the collab round? ^^^^

merged: 06-24-2006 ~ 10:28pm
P.S....
(*starts writing out a last-minute-attempt invite thingy for the collab event... Can I finish it by tomorrow? Or am I being too excited about this? Is there still time? Resist, you... it's supposed to have like a "Save the W.A.R. Collab Round" ring to it, evilest laughs....)

Signature Image

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

You don't need my go go signal chara~ just go for it XD

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

(*rational mode on! Other aspects of self fall into normal state.)
flyin, with three days to go before the w.a.r. wallpaper and doujinshi, I finally convinced myself (?) that inviting pencil/pen line-art doujiners might be too late. I realized you might be needing more help on other matters, and maybe we might be stretching our strengths too much on this one?

I'm also feeling sad for Terra-chan, since she's the only one who joined up for the collab part this year....

ummm, what if we could move the collab part/event's sked around say a few days after the W.A.R. wall and doujin competitions? That would be around September 1st week? Maybe, so that the organizers could really prepare a bit, while at the same time during those days when the wallers and doujiners are busy making their creations and can carefully think about the whole idea, or at that time we can invite other people who might be willing to sign up. I am so sorry, Terra-chan, but I feel that's the only we can really make the collab event more special, at least for the moment.

But! What I can do now is bug the current wall and doujin participants to check up on this thread! I do hope and pray they don't get pissed off already with all the PMs, lol.

(*on a last note, my fingers are still crossed...)

Signature Image

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Or maybe we could delay the start of the Collab until 2 weeks or so after the rest of WAR starts to try and rally participants.

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

True, but more than anything else I get the feeling that there's just a lot going on, especially for the wallers this summer ^^;; Postponing might be a good idea.

Sandra

Sandra

Mummy , I'm scarred ;___;

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

*wonders why Sandra is scarred, and wonders if Sandra meant Scared*

Signature

Sandra

Sandra

I'm scarred beecoz i know that I'm not so good like 4 example ppl in my team and in other teams and that my team can lose because of me :(

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

*sends Sandra off to psychotherapy to help stop Sandra from giving herself scars due to her feelings of inadequacy within the entirety of WAR*

No more cutting yourself! No more scars! *has a thing about talking about scars, cutting yourself and suicide* I'll be happy if it's a gramatical error, but it's a very disturbing one. ~_~ and you didn't correct it after I pointed it out in jest, so it scares me.

Signature

Sandra

Sandra

I have a question....I asked Kai if he could help me with war and he told me that he's in kozu's team in war and he can't help me because we're in defferent teams and we'll fight with each other.I can't see him anywhere in Planning group... O_O

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Lol, he's referring to the AP war XD

Sandra

Sandra

AP O_o ?

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

AP = Anime Paper, another wallpaper site similar to mt - personally I like mt better.

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

One letter can make a difference, ne, Terra-chan and Sandra?

Oh, and June 28 is here! Philippines is ahead 12 hours, I think... I guess we're going to follow your time there in the West, right?

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.