Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When will you upgrade to Vista? - Minitokyo

When will you upgrade to Vista?

When will you upgrade to vista

Right when it comes out!
12 votes
Next Summer
8 votes
Next Winter
9 votes
NEVER!!!
44 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

inoesomestuff

because i dont noe much

I'm curious as to when you guys think you will upgrade. Its many features can be found in this thread but there are some things not mentioned. Vista will have much more DRM and privacy/copyright control measures. Unless your a gamer, you will probably have to buy a new system just to be able enjoy the new features because of the high requirements for Vista and besides, whats wrong with XP? why change something that works fine.

I will probably wait for as long as i can before updating...
btw Vista is due out January of next year.

~nothing to say~

The only reason I moved to XP is becuase the software I wanted wasn't supporting 98. As long as software developers keep moving to newer platforms we eventually have to follow. However if these new systems have hardware based DRM they can stick thier new OS right up you know where.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

To a certain extend I do want (and need I suppose) to stay up to date. If, however, Vista disappears like Windows 97 did, then no bother. I also never had 2000 - I went straight from 98 to Milennium to XP. It depends on the price and necessity to upgrade. You can also wait long enough to bypass Vista and get the next upgrade.

Gonna keep an eye on though.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

If I ever use Vista, it'll be because I have to. XP sucks, but Vista's probably going to be even more dangerous to use.

Longhorn all the way.

I'm going for vista probobly not soon after it comes out, either the winter after, or the minute it comes out.... depends on when I buy my new computer. The main reason I want to go with vista is because well, I like to have the latest-greatest. I'm currently running XP x64 Pro. At least Vista is the way microsoft is going... They've almost dropped support for x64, and finding compatable drivers is a PAIN. Most manufacturers don't even support x64, and are skipping straight to Vista. Which points at the idea that most developers, to say they have, "Windows Vista Support" need to include the drivers and such for the OS. Drivers run the world in computers, and with such a broad support for it right away, I'm leaning for Vista, if only so I can use my favorite things again, like Zone Alarm and webcams.

But, as with ALL new OS's, it is GOING to have problems. Probobly a lot of them when it first comes out, but the longer it's out, the less one has to worry about major Operating System problems arising. So if I were an average user, I would wait AT LEAST 18 months before putting money into Vista.

Vista = Longhorn for workstations

I'd probably wait until Vista SP1 comes out. You'll need a hefty system to run it anyway.

Not for a long time cause vista talks even more than xp so I think I stay with xp for the moment

so long

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

im downloading Windows Vista Beta 2 and dual booting it with XP (after i reformat my computer that is, its soo clogged up xD) That way if anything goes wrong in vista, im not totally screwed, i just reboot and start up in XP

i'll be installing XP first to get all my drivers and such going, then install Vista :D

i went from 98 to XP when we got our new PC

but the Vista Beta 2 ends june next year, but who knows, i dunno if i will have it that long. When i officially upgrade to Vista is when we get a new PC :D

Signature Image

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

well i guess it would make more sense to see what its shortcomings are[its bound to have a few] then buy

atog

atog

Anime atog freak

I dont want to upgrade to vista. the thing with vista is its more on eye candy, personaly im happy using win2k. :)

Win2k is I would say the most stable win OS with a plug and play function. :)

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i don't like the copyright control of this OS.

Signature

What don't you like about it?

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

I'll probably get it after it gets service packed. Must...Play...Halo2 on pc! =o

Hi

If Halo 2 is ever ported to PC, there is little chance it will only support Vista, and will almost certainly support XP. If anything, you would see more benefit running XP than Vista while playing Halo 2 simply because XP is the less resource hungry of the two.

NevaaahhhhH! Linux is the OS for me <3

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

As soon as someone is able to bootleg Vista...hahaha

Personally I'm a Linux fan.

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

not sure if i ever will, my main reason for that is i was hearing about some some problems it would have with windowblind and a few other skinning programs so im happy with xp until

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

the day i really need to, only then

DJZephyr

DJZephyr

MiX iT uP!

From what I've heard, Vista still has a LOT of bugs and issues to work out. And I don't have enough money to buy a new system right now (let alone the ravaging 4ghz twin-GPU beast I wanna build). So Vista will probably hafta wait.

Follow your dreams. Honor your vows. MiX iT uP.
Signature

Quote by DJZephyrFrom what I've heard, Vista still has a LOT of bugs and issues to work out.

It's still in beta stage because of various issues. I'm waiting for Microsoft's next delay announcement.

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

I'm not planning to install Vista. Once I had beta version on my desktop however I did not liked it very much.
(or I just got used to my SuSE too much :P)
Also I doubt that Vista will be as good as Microsoft promises.
I wonder how expensive the Vista will be by the way...

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

I think you can find out their price now if you do a search. I don't think I will ever upgrade to it. people are likely to get an oem version from new PC which is much cheaper.

While some of you may not upgrade to Vista because of the price,
$399 for the Ultimate Edition. There are good news.

Spread all over the Internet, starting in October, if you get a "Vista Capable" PC
you should also get a Vista Coupon. This coupon let's user get a free upgrade to Windows
Vista once it's out at no charge. Although that sounds really good, but one site says
that PC's equipped with Windows MCE get's a free upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium, while
systems running on Windows XP Home needs to pay 50% of the price to upgrade to Vista Home Premium.

As of now it could all just be rumors since
they never mention systems with XP Professional/x64 will get the same
treatment or not.
Well have to wait until October and see.
Google Search: Windows Vista coupons for more infos.

Signature

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.