Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime vampires absent from vampire documentries... - Minitokyo

Anime vampires absent from vampire documentries...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Greetings all my loves and all my babies as you all know I am...an Otaku and so for me that means I love all Anime especially the beautiful vampires and demons and half-demons of that glorious world. Now I also love vampires of other worlds too though they are not as great. Over here in the States, the fans of vampires and the historians of that topic often do documenters on the blood sucking undead but to my dismay they never include discussion about the vampires in Anime. It makes me twitch and wonder if they are just leaving them out deliberately or if they just don't know about them. What do all of you think? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has watched these programs when there is no Anime to be seen.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

You are absolutely right. I've seen a lot of vampire documentaries, but none mention anime vampires. Despite the fact that anime vampires show a lot more what vampires can do than real ones, people have a tendency to think (at least some, in my opinion) that anime is not to be taken seriously. It's a sad thing, but hey! it's the world we live in. -_-

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Thats really interesting.
i think the people that make this investigation doesnt count the aniem vampires because they must think that anime vampires arent the real thing...
they should investigate more deeply and compare more this...

MaoMao

MaoMao

Italian Boy

I like much to see the anime with the vampire.....
I prefer Vampire Hunter D BloodLust (OAV 2)....

Signature

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

i have been always attracted by the ides od vanpires..fav anime with vampires : Trinity Blood, Hellsing Vampire Hunter D (Dumpeal) >.<
but a famos vampire is our days is the vampire Lestat..ummm the power..dangeour..and sex apleal
are so attractive ;)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Maybe the genre isn't as big as you assume, could be just too specific for everyone to love on a pop basis. When you spoke of historians, Anime derives some of the aspects from history already - but here in the states, they try to keep anime (what they call cartoons) separate from what is real. Although reality on television is almost an oxymoron, it never surprises me how inbred ideas of animation are automatically excluded from having substantial significance amongst the general public. Like art is worthless, per se, and facts, a job, work, and anything concrete that makes some kind of money on a day to day basis is the *right* path to take.

Omg, I'm getting too deep again, I could write you a novel on this, then re-draft it, then finalize it and write you an encyclopedia on human behaviour. ^_^

-repeat-

Tasana

Tasana

~~....Longing for Serenity....~~

i've only seen a few documentaries that you speak of, but i know what you mean.. No anime vampires...*sigh* it is rather depressing isn't it.... i don't think they do it on purpose just to be mean, i honestly think they just don't know about them....sad but true....

Signature

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

I've seen vampires in anime are like something appart from other cultures, for example anime vampires can walk in sunlight without problem, when other kind of vampires (except, according with Bram Stoker, Dracula) die. Maybe we have too present the idea of European vampires, we shoudl know first if there exist vampires in Japanese culture and how they are.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

well they didnt say anything about the 5 ryuus in magic the gathering in any of the dragon articles ive read, but im not complaining either... the thing is, anime is too new for them, so they dont consider it. Hmm i guess anime is just too complex, neither for kids nor adults, so its hard to see where to include it... *goes away speaking alone*

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

Well the thing is when they happen to show a vampire documentary on TV they talk about vampire influence all over the world and I would think that they would be front row center to talk about Japanese take on the subject but they don't even go near Japan. I happen to know for a fact that even though the vampires in Anime and Manga derive from more western stereotypes even Japan has their own vampires though they don't call them vampires and well don't ask me to tell you what they call them because I don't know. *Laughs uncomfortably and rubs back of head*

Next Poster... :)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.