Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What CODEC packs are the best? none? - Minitokyo

What CODEC packs are the best? none?

Best CODEC pack? or none?

CCCP
51 votes
Others
11 votes
K-lite
26 votes
none at all
4 votes
Gordian Knot
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

There are plenty of codecs out there that are packed into one. This make it easier to watch medias of any kind. But sometimes they take up TOO much hard drive space unreasonably since you only watch only one type like avi, wmv or mkv. It may even be a waste of bandwidth downloading them. So which is the best? or is it better to install the ones you need? Give your personal opinion

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I have the best results with the K-Lite pack. I've only come across about three videos that it didn't have a codec for.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

dMp

dMp

^___________^

cccp...i've got no problem playing any kind of video, well except for real player and quicktime formats and a few other minor ones (not like i need them though). its been able to play avis(xvid), mkvs(h264), mp4s, and ogms perfectly fine.

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

dMP , i suggest u test run K-lite for a while. it can play rm and mov files but ofcourse u dont watch them. It's up to u

dMp

dMp

^___________^

heh...thanks for the info, but i think i'm fine with CCCP for now :D
i'm not saying it's the best, it's just what i'm using so far and it's working fine for me so yeah.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I prefer CCCP since it uses directshow filters that I consider to be the best. K-lite on the other hand typically includes many codecs that are capable of playing the same file types. This almost inevitably leads to conflicts, weird glitches, buggy playback, and other difficult to diagnose problems.

Signature Image

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

CCCP FTW.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

K-Lite + VLC as backup. Admittedly RealPlayer as well.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

U dont need RealPlayer. With K-lite u dont need to use that useless playerat all! Uninstall it, it drives me mad with ads and stuff. Get the full version instead of standard

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I got the full version (ver. 2.72)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

and installed it with the "Lotsa stuff" option.

On its own MPC can't play .rm files, but once RealPlayer is installed, it can (probably sharing a codec somewhere). Not that I have to use RP, it must just be installed.

Do you have a different version or setting?

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I also have to go with K-lite - but not the full version - I rather get myself the mega pack, which has just about everything u need for playing anything made in the last 20 years.. or for the next 10 also.

The only thing bothering me is that after some time they have the strange habit of getting buggy, and a reinstall or a newer version is needed.

#JapaneseLover#

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

My favourite is fddshow :)
It's a fantastic one if you need to have AVC/AAC (H.264) support.

yes... but fddshow is only one codec.. not a whole pack of em...

#JapaneseLover#

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

It's also included within K-Lite and CCCP.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

nimo codec pack is a very complete codec pack

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Although I don't use it, I believe RealPlayer gets a lot of bodmouthing it doesn't deserve simple because all the previous versions were rubbish, similar scenario for windows media player 10 as compared to 7-9.

As for the codecs, really all that matters is that it works. For a long time I used DivX + Real Alternative + Matroska Pack + Media Player Classic (or WMP10 sometimes), but I started having a few compatibility issues with newer codecs so I switched to CCCP simple because it fit in with my current setup.

I have to say though that the Matroska pack was much better than CCCP in terms of presentation as all the data about your MKV files was placed in their porperties screens as well as they had their own MKV icon and all the other video files had proper icons/descriptions, for me CCCP messed all of that up, but at least all the videos were playable then.

I go for K-Lite. it has all you need and is one of the most updated.

I used to use k-lite MEGA codec pack and it has never caused me any problems....but lately most anime subbing groups have started to reccomend CCCP so I have been using that along wit mpc. I also installed real/quicktime alternative so I dont have to install any other players to run mov/rm type files.

I choose CCCP, light and easy to use/install for me.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i use CCCP, but that or k-lite mega codec pack is good

plus i have VLC, Zoom PLayer, Media player Classic, WMP, real player and winamp to pick from.

Used to play in Real player, avi wise anyway, cause it had the adjustable area while the rest was fullscreen, so it was just black, good for when you hook up to the TV, now i just use Zoom Player :D

Signature Image

Hrm....i vouch CCCP for now. It's got all the neccessities needed for anime. But , sometimes, it's better off to d/l individually the codecs. I heard it's much more efficient as in terms of system resource control though i am not too sure abt that stuff, yet.

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

Although you increase the chance that something doesn't get configured right and strange things start happening when you want to watch a video. Unless you're on a 600Mhz celeron with a 4Gb hard drive, where system resources are scarce, there is no reason to install the codecs individually (if you're aiming for efficiency, anyway).

My choice K-Lite: it includes many codecs, so you don't need something other like Quick Time, Real Media etc.

Sorceres00

Sorceres00

Sekiria

"K-Lite + VLC as backup" haha same as me (i was wondering if i was the only one who used dat stuff) XD , u use k-lite since 2 years and i've no complains :D , maybe i should try cccp, y'know just in case.... XD

Signature
Fate and Fake........Love and Pain

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.