Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime characters v.s. Real actors/actress - Minitokyo

Anime characters v.s. Real actors/actress

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

What is it that makes many people prefer anime over movie/series with real human beings?

i know a lot of people like them both equally the same, however most of the times i prefer anime a lot more-- plus i get attached to anime characters for some reason~
When i'm watching a movie with real people in it, i don't get so upset when a character die... But when it comes to anime, i will cry my eyes out when something sad happens (such as the time when Haku died in Naruto *sniff sniff*)

So i was offended the other day when someone said "Why do you love watching anime so much? They are all UNREAL characters. They are not the same as an actor/actress with real acting or real flesh and blood." That person is right... anime characters are NOT REAL, they don't exist in reality (unfortunately). But i still like anime more :) *Proudly Otaku!*

So i'm curious to know~ what are your reason to watch anime instead of the other tv shows or the movie?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I dunno..Maybe because of the Blue hair....i like blue hair for some reason...and the outfits, I mean come on do you honestly think some one could pull of some of those outfits in real life? Oo ^^V

hmm.... anime are much flexible. imean anything that you want to do with ana anime charater they can execute it but with real people their actions are only limited.

erm.. coz when an anime gets a 'live' version it became stupid..
no offence, but to me sailormoon live action was too stupid for words.

and sometimes when they make a live version from anime, the real people acting in it could not bring the character to life..
tho i have to say there are some live movies/series from anime are good..
but most gets on my nerve..

Signature

Anime Character maybe not real but i just love how the character developed from nothing to hero.
Haha...
Like Eyeshield 21, Naruto, etc

Signature

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i actually watcha mix of both, but more recently my anime watching has become very little, just due to being lazy and whatnot xD

i dont really have a preference over either. I like the anime characters due to the flexibilty in the way they can deliver the humourous side of things :D

with real actors, to a degree you can connect with them more

Signature Image

jaguar88

jaguar88

(=^_^=)

Anime characters are much more prettier (in a way) than real human eg. characteristic, body. and sometimes they can express emotion that normal humans cannot do (big eye, dot eye and, you know the rest :3 )
That's what makes them interesting and funny :)

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

I prefer anime chara. over real actors/actresses/celebs. (can't stand 98% of them, most are way too over-hyped and most of the time their acting is risible and bad)

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

BlueAngel17

BlueAngel17

In The Clouds

hmm.. because the'yre more prettier than real actors when they have orange/green/blue/red/purple hair, they have eyes that can change colors anytime they want to, and when it comes to special effects, it's much more believing rather than real celebs putting out thunder bolts and stuffs. Anime has a bit of fantasy, and that fantasy is fit for fantasy characters, not real life. ^^

Signature
Love it? Click HERE to view my wall site. ^^

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I don't really have a preference; I'm sort of starting to have an addiction to live theatre, to be honest ^_^' . I think it depends on the individual's tastes.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

When you come to think about it, all characters in both movies/live-action series and in Anime are just that: CHARACTERS. Virtual beings, concepts....the Anime characters are not real or actual persons. Actors aren't neither, because they are NOT the character, they just portray the role.

I don't know if I made clear my thought. I really appreciate good-acting (like Liam Neeson or Sir Ian McKellen) but they make characters, they are not the real ones. The fictional characters of the history.

Taking the example of Sir Ian McKellen...he portrayed Magento and Gandalf, both fictional characters of book (literary and comic book). But he's not the real character. It is the same when it comes to Anime...what we love and admire is an idea...a concept...a being that does not exist phisically...

Alright...I made it very twisted...>-<

i don`t know what i happen
but i don`t feel well

Krawczyk

Wzwejtes

I agree, definitely the blue hair. Have you ever seen someone with blue hair in real life? Gyeh!

For me, well, let's just say I still remember the live-action Fist of the North Star.

A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

Anime, or any other character drawings, can depict however character you want. It's more freely based than real-time actresses or actors.

However, Kate Beckinsale > all anime characters.

i like anime characters but i don't hate the real one. i like both of them. in anime, many face expressions cannot be done by the real actors. and for fun, it's good. but the real actor show what real human can do, and for some reasons, they are better than anime characters.

Davinator61

Davinator61

Inquisitor Lord, Ordo Malleus

I think it's the over-sized eyes & their expressiveness more than anything that attracts such a fan-base of Shameless Anime Otakus. Plus Anime characters don't age normally like we Mere Mortals do.

For the enemies of Humanity are many, chief amongst them being the Minions of Chaos & the foul Daemons of the Warp. Signature

It's a lot easier to connect with an anime character than an actor. You won't see your favorite anime character on the news, getting into trouble once again. Anime is all about Fantasy and there are no limitations.

Signature

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

In many ways anime characters are MORE REAL.
When you see an actor/actress playing a part, that's just it, they're playing! And a part of you recognizes that.
But when you see an anime character they aren't just playing that part, they "are" that part, which makes what happened to them more real.

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

ang3llove

ang3llove

Only L0ve ~ smtOwn

They are both gud in their own way~~~
I would neva survive without them both to keep me occupated from the boredom in life XD

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

have you ever compared real people to anime characters is a little more encompassing, and with a less extreme bump. Closing this one.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.