Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is AsuKaga relationship is over? - Minitokyo

Is AsuKaga relationship is over?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

Well, first of all I confess that I am one of those AsuKaga Lovers out there and also forgive my bad grammar. I read so many comments about Athrun and Meyrin's relationship after the ending of GSDestiny Final Plus. I have to know why Asu-Mey fans truly believe that they are a couple only based on the ending that they walked together on the same direction? You see, Athrun even never talked with her.. NEVER AT ALL while he was in Minerva as if he even didn't notice her existence. (Sorry Meyrin, but that's true, am I right?)

Fukuda tried to break Athrun and Cagalli's relationship but the story just did'nt sense right.
First, how do you know Athrun fall in love with Meyrin? Indeed, he asked about her when Cagalli visited him in Archangel, but I think Athrun felt that it was his responsibility to take care of her after all she saved his life. That time, Athrun also saying that he barely spoke to her, how can he so easily falling in love with her just because she saved him last night? Nonsense! Athrun never hug Meyrin like he did with Cagalli and he even never see her, you see, all the time Meyrin always stood beside him,right? But have you guys ever seen Athrun looked at Meyrin? Okay, if Athrun likes Meyrin why he never hug her like he did with Cagalli? He never see Meyrin like he did with Cagalli too. Athrun was also never blush with Meyrin! Fukuda said that relationship between Athrun and Cagalli was just a comrade and not real love, how can he said that? I think Fukuda's brain is only a decoration. Athrun kissed Cagalli and gave her the ring! If Fukuda said that Milliaria and Dearka' relationship is as comrade I DEFINITELY BELIEVE because I never see them kissing in SEED (Even actually I wanted Milliaria and Dearka become a couple in Destiny).

Second, how do you really sure Meyrin loves him? I think she just admire and respect him or feel pity on him. You see, in Minerva, she saw Athrun's desperate face sometimes but what did she do? Nothing, she just stared at him with sad looking. Unlike Meyrin, Cagalli always tried to talk to Athrun, make him comfortable and tried to make Athrun didn't lose in his thought. Indeed, Meyrin saved his life but she did that secretly, and unfortunately Rey saw them and that's made Athrun no other option except brought her with him. I think, if Rey didn't see them, Athrun would not bring her with him because there's no danger for Meyrin if she stayed in Minerva. I mean, when finally ZAFT knew that she was the one who helped Athrun, there were so many people can defend her action by saying "may be Athrun put a gun on her throat so Meyrin had to do this". You saw it too right, so many people can defend her action such as Lunamaria, Talia, Vino etc?
Yeah, you can say "How can Meyrin put her life in danger like that just to help Athrun escape if she doesn't love him?" Like I said, she tried to help Athrun secretly but then Rey saw them. If she wanted to help him in secret how can you say she put her life in danger only to save Athrun's life? She did that secretly but unfortunately Rey caught them. If Asu-Mey keep insist that Meyrin loves Athrun that's fine with me but you guys must remember Athrun doesn't have any feelings for her. I like Meyrin herself but NO, I don't want Meyrin to replace Cagalli's place in Athrun's heart. When Meyrin's clinging in Athrun's arm, she did that purposely just to make Lunamaria angry, nothing more and Athrun was just being a gentleman to drag her to the safer place.

Then the next idiot thing that Fukuda did was how can Gilbert trust everything that Rey said about Meyrin? Is he a dumb or something? As chairman, how can he more believe in Rey's word than Talia and the other said? He gave the permision to assassinate Meyrin just based on Rey's word? Do you think Gilbert such a wise person? and Shinn, he truly such an idiot, he never made a decision on his own, always followed what Rey's thinking. In the episode of Athrun's escape, Athrun said that he wanted to leave Meyrin so Shinn didn't have to kill her too but what he's reply? Nothing! Can he even thinking? What I get here is that this plot only to make a start for Shinn and Lunamaria's relationship. If Meyrin didn't die in their perception so there were never any beginning for Shinn and Lunamaria's relationship, am I right? Shinn loves Stellar that much.
Again, I never see Meyrin blush in front of Athrun, but Cagalli did. I think you all Asu-Mey fans think that Meyrin likes Athrun based on what Cagalli said "I think she likes you". Meyrin was always beside Athrun but she never blush like Cagalli. I give an example, after Athrun and Kira killed those killers just before Meer saved Lacus's life, as you see Athrun said "Sorry to always troubled you" and he looked at her straightly but then did Meyrin blush? Nope, she just said "maa..Ii"(Japanese). That proves me enough to say that she just like him as senior and nothing more.

Third, Cagalli released her ring. For what reason? Actually, she didn't have any reason to release the ring. I think it's only another Fukuda's idiot plot. I can accept her action for release her ring after I know what reason behind this all. I mean, she didn't have to do that because finally Athrun came back to her side after realized his mistake. Even if he brought another girl with him, Athrun confess that Meyrin saved his life,that's it. Cagalli could think 'because Meyrin likes her boyfriend so she put her life in danger to save Athrun life' (remember, Cagalli didn't know that Meyrin helped him secretly but Rey caught them so Athrun didn't have any choise) but that's not enough to gave up on him by releasing the ring. This plot made by Fukuda just doesn't make any sense for me. He must let me know the reason why Cagalli put off the ring, don't you agree?
I read that Cagalli put off her ring because she wanted to free Athrun, for what reason? Because she chose Orb than him? Athrun knew that already and as a couple thay should talk about it to find each other feelings. I hate Fukuda? Yes, I hate him a lot. How can he made a story like this? Cagalli put off her ring for no reason, okay we can say because she wanted to free him but after the war was finally over, how can Athrun didn't try to talk and find her reason about releasing his ring from her finger? She's busy? Nonsense! Kira can take her job for awhile while she and Athrun talk about themselves.

Forth, when Archangel went to Copernicus. Cagalli said to Meyrin to take care of him, for what? Because she couldn't go with them? But why she had to say something like that to Meyrin? Okay, may be she afraid that Athrun would kill himself so she asked Meyrin to take care of him BUT SHE COULD SAY IT HERSELF, JUST APPROACH ATHRUN AND SAY IT!
Or was Cagalli gave up that easily? It's not Cagalli I knew in SEED. How can she really think Athrun would do nothing when she gave up on him? The story made by Fukuda really bad, the worst one. I mean, okay we accepted all Cagalli did such as releasing her ring, gave Athrun to Meyrin but HOW CAN ATHRUN DID NOTHING TO FIND HER ANSWER? As a man that being dumped by his girlfriend, he should try to find her reason acting like that, don't you agree? If you're being dumped by your love one, I bet you tried to talk with her/him again to find the answer and probably trying to fix your mistake, right? This only made by Fukuda as he tried to ruin AsuKaga's relationship.

Okay, that's my opinion after I watched three times this anime. Actually, I like the little Princess Cagalli in SEED. I like all of her attitude (because I'm a girl like her ^^). At first, I didn't like SEED until I saw this funny character (Cagalli) then I decided to watch this anime. I liked Athrun because he is the one that can make Cagalli blushed that way and I like the way Athrun laughed when he met her for the first time. I like them as a couple, yeah I really do until I watched Destiny. Fukuda ruined Cagalli's character, he also ruined Athrun's character. I hate him for that and also for his action which tried to break my AsuKaga. Now, you turn to give your opinion.

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

I completely agree with you ^^

iWach

iWach

-- i_\/\/.@.(.h --

here here~ ^ ^

p.s nice job wif the story n stuff..

Signature
- TiTans -

Yeah, Fukuda is truly an idiot.. How can he tried to ruin AsuKaga's relationship just like that! Flame for him!

What a long statement you got here >.<
But I agree with you, Meyrin, shoo...shoo.. Get away from Athrun.. He's not meant for you!

1wakemeup1

1wakemeup1

Wake Me Up;

Technically, Athrun/Cagalli has been over. The only reason Cagalli asked Meyrin to look after Athrun was because she chose her nation over her 'boyfriend' figure. She had obviously let go of Athrun. And I loved the series and didn't ever think it was rushed. :|

OMG you took the words right outta my mouth
everything you said to the point and gah

its oky the ppl say ascuaga but asumeryin that isnt right

i rather have athrun single than be with meryin not bc i dont like meryin but its just kills ascuaga more and bc of the reasons you stated.

ASUCAGA FOREVER !

well written, I like Cags better then Meyrin, though either might've worked if they had the same amount of development. Blame Fukuda's wife for a lot of the blunders in the later eps of GSD

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

Quote by honoonotobiraWhat a long statement you got here >.<
But I agree with you, Meyrin, shoo...shoo.. Get away from Athrun.. He's not meant for you!

Ha ha ha.. Yeah,i hope it's okay with the long statement there...Hope that in the next SEED, Athrun and Cagalli will be back together again...Please... T_T

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

AsuCaga relationship isn't over yet ;)

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah, I agree with you that there shouldn't really be anything between Athrun and Meyrin. Athrun just feels responsible for taking her away from her sister, and perhaps grateful for her help, that's why he lets her stay with him. (esp on the AA, because she doesn't know anyone except for him, and he feels it's his fault for that, so he let her stay).

as for Meyrin, she's 15 right? so I think with Athrun, it's more of a schoolgirl crush than anything else. she admires him because he's this brave war-hero, and kinda looks up to him (kinda like how young girls look at celebrities). we see her look up his information and watch him from a distance.

though I do admire her for helping him even though she's putting herself in danger, I don't think even she realised the gravity of the situation (of how much trouble she'd be in) when she did help him. with Meyrin, I think her personality is too shy to be in the military, I have a feeling that she only joined because her sister did.

as for the Asucaga relationship, even though it's not my fave in SEED, I think Cagalli's best suited for Athrun, esp the SEED Cagalli. I think it's more of misunderstandings that ruined their relationship (Athrun leaving her for the PLANTs, then with Yuuna...), but I don't think she quite gave up on him, even though she took the ring off. in Final plus, she did say that they didn't have to hurry, they still had time (they're still young). Cagalli is really loyal to Orb and feels a great responsibility to take care of her country. so for the time being (during emergency), she surrendered Athrun to Meyrin because she had to take care of her country. (but she was close to tears after she said that, so she still cared).

I don't know about Athrun though, he may be disappointed with Cagalli, and may have fallen out of love (they are sort of each others' first crushes, but that doesn't mean the crush will last forever). at the moment, by the ways things look, I don't think Athrun really likes anybody. but I'd like to be hopeful and hope that they still have a chance...

Here's some info from Wikipedia about asucaga connections:
* There are several references to "dawn" in groups/objects around her.
1. Her love interest, Athrun Zala's first name means dawn or daybreak.
2. The last mobile suit she pilots, the Akatsuki, means "dawn" in Japanese.
3. The resistance group she joins is known as the "Desert Dawn'.
4. The disastrous counterattack after the ZAFT attack on Tassil took place at dawn.
5. The company that built the original 5 Gundams, Morgenroete, is based in Orb. "Morgenroete" is German for dawn.
* Also, she has links to the colour red as well.
1. The "Rouge" in the name of her first mobile suit means red in French.
2. Her love interest, Athrun Zala, mostly pilots MSes which were either red or pink.
3. Her image song is "Desert Rose"; roses are mostly known for the red colour.

Athrun's given name means "dawn" or "daybreak". This may be a nod to his love interest, Cagalli Yula Athha, who has several links with "dawn".

He has the somewhat dubious honour of being the only character in the Cosmic Era who self destructed his mobile suits not once but twice. (He detonated the Aegis to destroy the Strike and self destructed the Justice to destroy GENESIS.) Coincidently, in both detonations, the one who saved him was Cagalli.

Some Meyrin crap also from Wikipedia:
Like her sister, Meyrin has a large crush on Athrun Zala; however, unlike Lunamaria, Meyrin has never displayed open signs of affection for Athrun, presumably due to her shy nature.

In episode 36, when Athrun was being chased through the Gibraltar military base, however, it was Meyrin who helped Athrun escape by hacking the base security, setting off a false alarm, and driving Athrun to a nearby hangar. Although she had not originally intended to go with Athrun, she was forced to leave with him when the pair were discovered by Rey Za Burrel. (yay she actually didn't wnat to go with him!)

I also couldn't believe she betrayed all of her friends and her sister back in ZAFT so quickly. She became the CIC of the Eternal. She's so cheap. She even used the dirty technique of crying helplessly in front of Athrun in the Archangel to get his attention. She even stripped in front of him! How crazy is that!?!?! Athrun (seeing him as a gentlman) sort of feels that it was his responsibility to take care of Meyrin since it was his idea to leave ZAFT in the first place.
On the other hand, Cagalli has been with Athrun A LOT MORE than Meyrin and knows him more. Athrun hasn't displayed any affection towards Meyrin at all. I mean, at the part where Meyrin was crying and hanging on to Athrun, usually he wouldn't push her away and say, "Get away from me, I already have Cagalli!" when all of the crew is looking at them right? That's common sense.

Whew! That was really long! So my point is that.... I HATE MEYRIN! ASUCAGA FOREVER! :D :D

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

Asucaga forever.
Just leave it to that.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Whoah... you really took almost every single word right out of my mouth. That post was like a speech.

I seriously have to agree with you. ^^

Well.... I don't think AsuCaga relationship is over. Athrun still loves Cagalli and Cagalli still loves Athrun. It make sense why Athrun hug Cagalli in Destiny final phase.

Their relationship is very deep. They still care each other although the situation is very difficult for them.

So... in my opinion their relationship isn't over. They are just waiting the right time so they don't need to hidden the relationship .

AsuCaga forever!

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

this topic has been covered so many times. Yes Murosawa and Fukuda farked up AsuCaga. Many Asucaga fans want to deny that their relationship isn't the one they wanted. Even I, as an AsuCaga fan, am disappointed at this, but hey, what can you or anyone else do?

I have to say that yes the AsuCaga relationship is deep, but there are variables as to why, in Destiny, that the two may not get a chance to be in a romantic relationship. Cagalli has a nation to serve and protect, which is a very time-consuming duty. Athrun has done many mistakes in Destiny that may enable him to think that he isnt worth for Cagalli.

Remember back in the episode where Athrun met up with Kira, Lacus, and Miriallia. And from that, remember the infirmary scene after Athrun and Meyrin almost got killed by shinn. Cagalli says that she "is sorry." But athrun disagrees and says something like "No, I should be the one apologizing." And the whole ring thing. Cagalli got it in the beginning. Throughout the series, she looks at her ring with much confusion. In the end, we dont see the ring on her finger anymore. These, imo, are important turn-over factors in their relationship.

Now the whole flaming bit against Meyrin. A lot of AsuCaga fans flame meyrin, thinking she "is taking athrun away from cagalli?!" Me having an open mind, doesn't mind this happening. Okay so she betrayed ZAFT for Athrun? Do you know exactly what her reasoning is for this? Yes she may have a crush on him, but to cross the line of duty and personal desire is a big step one must take time to think about.

A lot of people are debating on the scene at the end of Final plus, where Meyrin is walking with Athrun. This can work two ways, not a "biased" one way. It maybe just a scene, but a scene can also mean something. We dont know what the creators are planning, but we dont know if that whole ending scene means something or not. Look at the atmosphere at the time. Kinda gives you something to imagine.

Cagalli and Athrun's relationship is deep and very difficult. It may look like that the two have a little to no chance of the relationship continuing. Paying close attention to certain parts of the series shows this happening. I was disappointed as well because the developed this kind of relationship in Seed, but gets ruined in Destiny. The fact of the matter is, AsuCaga may or may not pull through (or maybe technically over already), and AsuMey is possible. It took half of Seed to get AsuCaga going, all of Destiny to build it up and ruin it, and half of Destiny to POSSIBLY start of AsuMey. The timeframe is something to consider as well. It's always good to keep an open mind.

honestly i like Athrun n Cagalli being together....but i dunt see anything wrong with Meyrin.i think she's realli cute and the type who doesnt lose her temper as easily as Cagalli!.......i think the ring scene is very symbolic..Cagalli taking off the ring means alot in the ending....giving up ur love for ur country is a very normal conclusion at times of warfare! even if theres realli a third season for SEED...i doubt there would be any Cagalli and Athrun "sugar moments"..and again...THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED OVER N OVER AGAIN...ppl should stop making threads for this

[sigmg]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/baybee_blush/banner3.jpg[/sigimg]

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Though this thread is getting some good responses and discussion, this topic has repeatedly appeared in the forums: Athrun x Cagalli... What will Fukuda do with them?

Please feel free to take this there--

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.