Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Destiny is worse than SEED? - Minitokyo

Destiny is worse than SEED?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 184 total items

@Getay:

Well, since you have not watched SEED I'll tell you something. The reason why people usually love Kira and Athrun more than any other character in SEED/DESTINY is because they both overcame their fears, accepted their mistakes, learned from them, and decided to make a difference together to compensate their wrong doings (This mostly refers to Athrun's part). Athrun was pretty much like Shinn in DESTINY(Not annoying as Shinn though!). He was stubborn and filled hatred for the people he found responsible for his mother's death. Yet in the end he chose to reconsider and judge things by himself, away from any interference.

Shinn didn't reach that part even when the story end. We see him cry once he realize who Kira is but it's not sure if he truly understands and overcomes his hate or not. To be honest when the story end, I pictured him in another season of SEED and wondered how would he be like. And unfortunately I found him still potential to pursue his wrong beliefs and ways. He can be much better but at the same time he can be worse.

I guess this is one of the reason's that people somehow became disappointed with Athrun in DESTINY. To be fair, he's more to be blamed than Shinn since he found the right way but still went wrong again.

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

My replies :
@Getay : I agree with ealpha-scorpio said why people actually love Kira and Athrun more than Shin.

For me, why I didn't like Shin because he's really arogant and egoist. He didn't try to think why Athrun betray ZAFT once again at that time. He didn't look at himself with what he did to ZAFT by releasing Stellar. I know he cared for her. I didn't like he had to yell, angry to anyone who didn't have the same idea with him. He yelled at Cagalli for become a good heart leader yet he release Stellar because his own feeling, he didn't feel sorry because what he did by releasing Stellar and that cost many people have to die when Stellar piloted Destroyer. He didn't hate himself for what he did before without thinking about that possibility since he released an enemy instead he hate Kira who's trying to stop Stellar. He didn't feel what happened to cities which attacked by Destroyer was because of HIS FAULT. He feel himself like a superhero yet he made so many mistake in battle. I prefer Setsuna from Gundam 00 to Shin, really! I don't like Shin since he always think that "I AM ALWAYS RIGHT". He's so easily to manipulate.
I hate seeing Shin so angry with Kira who wanted to stop Destroyer when he knew Stellar is the pilot. I think Shin is the type who can be called as a Berserker. It'a not Kira since Kira still has feeling to the enemy he killed. Kira cried for killing Nicol. Kira cried when he had to kill so many people unlike Shin. Once Shin got mad, he didn't think anything anymore, all he wanted is to win the fight. He didn't feel sorry for those he killed during the battle. He didn't grieve to people who lost their family because of Destoryer. I know it could be piloted by someone and not Stellar but the fact is Shin knew the pilot was Stellar and I think it'd better if there's scene that he felt sorry to people who being killed because Stellar. He loves her I know but too bad Shin didn't have feeling to give up someone important to save people. Athrun had to kill Kira in SEED, he didn't want to but he did take Kira down because Kira killed so many people back then in SEED. We can see he always thinking what he should do when he met Kira again in battlefield. When Kira's gundam went down, He didn't let Yzak to kill him, Athrun tried to capture Kira. At least in SEED we can see that both Athrun and Kira still have feeling of sorry to people they have killed during the battle. We couldn't see Shin like that in Destiny. All his doing was how to become a stronger person. He never think what Kira did to Stellar was because Stellar couldn't stop to attack since she saw Freedom. Shin blamed Kira who killed Stellar and try to get revenge. It's not the same case when Athrun tried to get revenge for Nicol's death. Stellar was attacking citizen who known as an original people when Kira beated her in GSD but if you guys watch SEED the case was not attacking unarmed people.
He even tried to kill Luna who tried to stop his fight with Athrun. That's a BERSERKER I think.
May be Fukuda tried to be more complex in Destiny but I think he failed. Too much hole in Destiny like I said in my comments earlier. I think it's better if Rey's rival was Neo since Neo said that he looked forward for their another battle but it never came up and also too many characters that Fukuda had wasted in Destiny unlike in SEED. Look what had happened to Vino, Youlant as Shin's friend and as the enginner? We knew what happened with Kuzzey back then at SEED. Lunamaria didn't show her grieve from her sister's death instead she's falling in love with Shin after that..too soon I think since she adored Athrun so much back then when Athrun was still a Minerva crew. Shin needs to be more mature in another series of SEED.

About Djibril things, well yeah I prefer Azrael to Djibril. He's such a coward who hides behind people.
Meer..hm, I think Fukuda need more phases if he wanted to make Destiny better than SEED. When Lacus finally showed herself in front of public what happen next? NOTHING as if people didn't care if the 'Lacus' in ZAFT side is FAKE! The story told us that people of ZAFT adored Lacus so much but they didn't feel anything when they knew their president even had lied to them all this time. Nothing happen to the world or even at PLANT about tha fact that someone has imposter their idol. I think PLANT and ZAFT people didn't love Lacus that much since they felt nothing to Meer. That was I get from what I saw that phase. People of ORB especially the military looked really really angry when they knew someone tried to imposter their leader..okay we can say they love Cagalli too right similar to people who love Lacus at PLANT and ZAFT. Look what happen to them? They attacked the person who they think tried to become the imposter of Cagalli, well they didn't know that she is the real Cagalli. I think that is something Fukuda missed. And the funny thing is..Shin was the hero at first but then he's turned become the antagonist since the main hero fall to Kira ^__^
I really love to watch GSD Special Edition since the main hero is not changing in the middle of story but still it didn't cover the holes in GSD since it's too much hahahahhhaa...
Fukuda-san, please make the movie better than SEED okay? Onegai~~

Well, that's my opinion tee hee~~
Can't wait to read another comment ne~ ^^

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

Destiny wasnt good as SEED... Shin is so stupid... hated him from the begining to the end.... the good part on destiny was the new gundams, they were awesome... the new freedom and justice were so cooooooooooooollll!

The Akatsuki impressed me when came out and showed that even being outdated it was pretty powerful compared to the other gundams... and hell... HOW DID MWU SURVIVE THAT SHOT IN SEED?!?!? the shot can destroy capital ships in gundam series.. he just came out alive and the only just lost his memories... didnt even had any member injured.... he is a cheater LOL

i was really confused about Rey being clone of Klueze.... and on the episode that explains Rey being an clone i became more confused than i was before watching it...and i have to watch GSD Special Edition.... Djibril was so damn coward... posing as a BADASS GOD in front of the Logos associates... but he is really a damn coward.... Azrael was a lot better than him.... and i just didn't understand well what the hell happened in Athrun-Cagalli relationship on Destiny....

So my rating is that SEED is a lot better than Destiny....

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Hmmm, I wouldn't say Destiny was worse than Seed, it's just that Seed was better...^-^ Yep, that thing with Mwu was weird, lols, he should be dead but I think a lot of fans wanted him back, it seems the power of the fans can reverse death or something...^o^

As for Shinn, well, I don't hate him that much, but there were times when he was really annoying, especially when he screams too much...-__- Kira was okay, but I liked him more in Seed, and Athrun will always be my fave, even if he didn't end up with Cagalli...T___T

And the fights were better in Seed I think, because there was actually some fighting, haha...Destiny had boring fights because one side was too much for the other and the enemies get beaten too easily...-__-' Except maybe that part where Shinn shot down the Freedom, reminded me a bit of Kira and Athrun's duel. Well, Shinn is a brat, but I actually liked how he beat a stronger Gundam by using strategy...dunno, I like fights with strategy, it's the only time I've seen Shinn come up with a plan[ lols, actually Rey did ], instead of just attacking enemies and all...^o^ By the way, for some reason, I liked Gilbert, lols...

Well, gotta go!^-^

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Destiny is worse than Seed.

Discussion over.

Quote by beyondmeasureDestiny is worse than Seed.

Discussion over.

Heheee...We can't say that until the next person comes and adds something. The end will be decided by the moderators I guess :)

i just didnt like the fact that Deaka and Yzak weren't as involved as in seed,and they didn't have gundams they had zakus, that sucked.

Kasuga14

Kasuga14

Mashi-Neko Chan

There are ALOT of reasons why seed is much more better than destiny, and they're probably listed all throughout the posts already, so I'm not even gonna bother listing them all, even though they're really strong.

There are SOME aspects of destiny that probably make it somewhat memorable, like....the new hisashi hirai characters and designs XD, and some of the music, and alittle bit of the elements in seed destiny. so i guess, how the series started out with shinn and athrun; it was a good start, but, it seriously didn't last long, like, probably up until freedom's appearance, so around the first 12 eps. Meer was stupid, regurgitating seed elements like the ripoff weapon of genesis, the crappy stupid ending that just DID NOT do ANY justice, to ANYTHING! and i would go on and on.

all in all, seed is seriously better with the overall impact. Story, scenario, music, and a whole bunch of other great things that make it a great all-around series. I would seriously not recommend anyone who dearly loved seed to watch destiny.

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Hmmm, I agree to some of Kasuga14's comments. Oh, and it's kinda weird how they exaggerated that "ultimate coordinator" thing lols...^-^ I remember in Seed Kira had a hard time with Rau, and some of the enemies, I think in GSD they blew up the "ultimate", making Kira invincible or something...^__~ it's fun, but kinda different from Seed...And I think Rau said "saishuu no koodineita", not "saigo no..." or "koukyuu no.." when he was talking to Kira. Japanese is a language based on context, not actual words, so...if he was talking of the experiments it would most likely mean that Kira was the "last" or the "final[ but in the context of succession, not strongest", but I think they used "ultimate"because it sounds better...^-^

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

Quote by Mortiferatrinidad156Hmmm, I wouldn't say Destiny was worse than Seed, it's just that Seed was better...^-^ Yep, that thing with Mwu was weird, lols, he should be dead but I think a lot of fans wanted him back, it seems the power of the fans can reverse death or something...^o^

As for Shinn, well, I don't hate him that much, but there were times when he was really annoying, especially when he screams too much...-__- Kira was okay, but I liked him more in Seed, and Athrun will always be my fave, even if he didn't end up with Cagalli...T___T

And the fights were better in Seed I think, because there was actually some fighting, haha...Destiny had boring fights because one side was too much for the other and the enemies get beaten too easily...-__-' Except maybe that part where Shinn shot down the Freedom, reminded me a bit of Kira and Athrun's duel. Well, Shinn is a brat, but I actually liked how he beat a stronger Gundam by using strategy...dunno, I like fights with strategy, it's the only time I've seen Shinn come up with a plan[ lols, actually Rey did ], instead of just attacking enemies and all...^o^ By the way, for some reason, I liked Gilbert, lols...

Well, gotta go!^-^

hahah... shinn was sooooooooooooo annoying when screaming and it's thinking that everything is truth, that only he is the correct one made him too harsh so almost everyone hates him.... and omg... when he shots down Freedom OMG... i just say that he CHEATED lol.... he used 3 different modules for beating up Freedom and kira had the ideal of not killing people, just incapacitating the mobile suits and capital ships... Kira incapacitated Shinn over and over, but Minerva just keeped backing up with the other modules so he could keep fighting on Kira, and this is why Shinn could defeat Freedom and i don't think that as a good strategy... is more like in a game where you got some continues and keep trying on killing the enemy... If Kira didn't had that ideal of not killing anyone i think that's almost sure that Minerva itself and Shinn would be killed in the beginning of the battle....

Destiny was soo bad. The only reason they made it was because everybody loved Kira and Athrun. Shin was supposed to be the main character, and also supposed to be the one with the cooler Gundam. But no. People just couldn't stand watching Kira die. Wow... Seed was better, but not by much. Gundam00 is probably the best so far.

neH?
GUndam SEEd Is Good but why Would YOu SAY That Destiny Is Worse? It's Like Saying Seed Is BAd...>^<

Destiny was okay. It had a hard act to follow, and it didn't do that well. I think there were just too many characters and plot threads, and not enough time to follow up on them. If it had gone for 10-15 episodes longer, I think it would've been much better. The ending felt so rushed to me. :/

I didn't really like what they did with some of the characters, especially the Athrun/Cagalli relationship. I can understand how it ended up that way, but it's still sad. I think Cagalli did the right thing in the end, though, and even if they don't get back together, it's okay. It's the job of a ruler to put the fate of their nation above themselves, so she had to take off her ring and let them go their separate ways. I hope they get back together in the movie, but at least they'll still be dear friends.

As for Shinn, I have to admit I never understood his anger at ORB. He was mad because ORB didn't let the EA/OMNI take over? EA wanted to kill all the Coordinators - his family would've been in an awful situation either way. I can see why he'd be mad at them for not protecting his family, but why didn't he hate the EA so much? They were the ones attacking in the first place! I know that it was emotional and not logical, it's more the fact that no-one in the series picked up on how absurd that argument *was*. Or, y'know, sent Shinn to a counselor.

Destiny did have good points, though. From the introduction of Meer to around when Stellar attacks Berlin were excellent, and I liked almost all the new characters introduced (still a bit iffy on Rey, Luna and Shinn). I didn't like Destiny's actual ending (too abrupt), but the scene of Shinn and Luna watching the destruction was just a wonderful image by itself. I liked almost all of the music, the animation was better, there were some classic scenes (Athrun in bed with Meer...) and good battles. (I didn't mind god-mode!Kira so much since I was cheering for him all the way. ^^; )

Destiny was a good anime, but SEED was much better. Hopefully the movie will hands-down beat them both.

Seed is 100% better then Destiny, that's a FACT! but it was nice to see our heroes again XDD;

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Katah-san: Yep, that's a bit weird, he should be more mad at EA, actually...^o^' I agree, it must be more on emotion and not really about logic...maybe because some people in ORB felt like they shouldn't have gone to war or something, after all Azrael did gave an ultimatum, well, kinda...^^'

Pyro-kun: Awww, you're a fan of Gundam 00 too? Weee, that's great! I'm liking it a bit more than GS actually, dunno, anyway I heard some of the older Gundam series are better too...? Some people told me in that "old anime" thread that I made...

Pykos-san: Yep, I agree, Shinn could be irritating, lols...^-^ Awww, but I don't really think that was cheating, it was actually the only time that Shinn did something, errr...right? I mean in a fight.^o^ I think that was their plan from the beginning, since the Freedom is stronger than Shinn's Gundam[ forgot the name...] in a lot of ways[ I think it's resistant to beam weapons or something and of course the nuclear engine...] so the only way Shinn could defeat him would be to use all the modules at the same time, ne?[ I think that's kinda like the point of his suit anyways...]The moment Kira disabled one I think he called for the next, besides I liked how he bounced the beam of his shield and separated the Gundam when Kira tried to slash the cockpit lols...[ yep he did, I think at the end...and Shinn also shot off the Freedom's rifle when Kira tried to fire it...-__- ]

Seme999: Yep! It's a fact.^-^

Signature Image

toumarie

toumarie

Whooaa..I am really happy to read your comment about this series ^^
@shinn24 : I couldn't find any better words beside Destiny is worse than seed hahahaha...so what you suggest? But I think I couldn't change the topic ne~?
Shinn was supposed to be the main hero but unfortunately he turned to be the antagonist one hehehhe but I honestly glad it happened that way ^^ I don't like Shinn with his childish behaviour, especially about "I AM ALWAYS RIGHT" thing =__=
About Shinn can beat Freedom thing.. I tought it was his Luck that time but I must admit that it can be happened because he and Rey had observed Freedom first also..Shinn manage to use Kira's weakness not to kill people hahhaha..
Battle in GSD seems a bit boring..to much re-scene -__- and that 'mini' Genesis was really un-inovatived to Gilbert (sorry, I couldn't find the right words)..Gilbert just re-used the same method with what Patrick Zala did -__- not creative hahahaha...
I like to see Kira being unbeatable in GSD well except the lost he receive from Shinn that time (Freedom was beated) but I am more interested if Kira has a rival again like he got from SEED (First he had to beat Athrun and then he had to fight with Rau)..both Rey and Shinn are nothing to Athrun and Kira =__= Even Minerva was beaten with Infinite Justice hahahhaha
Then..then...hm, where were Djibril in SEED? Logos was said as a 'mother' for Blue Cosmos..but we heard nothing about it in SEED and suddenly in GSD there was a scene about Mwu being take care by him after SEED was over..I am really confused hahahhaa...
Add more, like I said before...I didn't like the fact that Akatsuki was build long time ago by Uzumi for Cagalli which it was meant for Cagalli to use if ORB was under attack AGAIN/the second time..I wonder if Uzumi ever think what will happen if Azrael found Akatsuki in SEED wahahahha...It's his unfortunate not to find this georgeus MS hahahaa....I like more if Akatsuki was build by people/mechanics or whatever it name for Cagalli that time, may be another same scenario when Strike ROUGE was build back then in SEED....I love seeing Akatsuki ahahhaa..I love its shine hohohoho ^o^
Then again, as an AsuKaga Lover..I am really dissapointed because there's no Athrun and Cagalli scene at the end of GSD even in Special Edition hiks2...or even in Final Plus hiks2...I'd love to see Cagalli was there too hm, I thought if it better if after Kira and Lacus came until Shinn and Kira shake hands, then Cagalli come over too after meeting with emirs etc blah blah..I want Shin to apologize to Cagalli since she did nothing wrong to that lil boy! But I'm sure Cagalli will be the one who'd say 'sorry' to Shinn first for Uzumi..She's a gentle and kind heart person by the way ahahhah....May be a little chat then I want to see Athrun hugged Cagalli again huaaaa...I WANNA TO SEE ATHRUN AND CAGALLI CAN BE TOGETHER AGAIN! Fukuda-san~~! Onegai ne~~~~!
Don't break up my FAVOURITE COUPLE! Please create another male char for Meyrin, no Athrun for Meyrin as lover huaaaaaaaaaaa! *AsuKaga mode on*
Ok back to normal mode on hehehhe....now about the cloning thing...Rau said that Kira was the Last experiment then what about Rey? I wonder could be another clone in the next series or even in the movie?
Yeah, I am agree with Spyderz..Why Shinn who's piloted Gundam? Gilbert has wasted Yzak and Dearka skill nyahaahhaha....I wonder who will piloting Abyss, Gaia and Chaos if it's not stolen? In SEED we knew that 5 pilot of Blitz, Strike, Duel, Aegis and Buster was dead during the attack by ZAFT at Heliopolis right? Ok, I think I'll stop for now...I want to read another comment ne~
*AsuKaga mode on* Waaaaaa, I wanna see them together again and more scene about them both in movie and next series if there's gonna be the next series ^^ (dunno what I said...)

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

@__@ That was long...yep, I agree, a great enemy character would be cool! I want someone with Gilbert's personality but with Rau's fighting skills, lols! That would be great. Oh, and I agree, Seed was better because the fights were good...Destiny's fights were kinda boring because one side is too strong for the other...-__-' Kira and Athrun's battle were more ummm, believable? And more exciting, actually, I was rooting for Athrun in that fight...tee hee, good thing he won! ^o^ It's either because I like Athrun more, or I was more affected by Nicol's death than by Tolle's, ummm, kinda because Nicol was more, uh, real...and Tolle wasn't really a character that I noticed...sorry...^-^'

Signature Image

Quote by CagariIn some aspects, GSD is worse...correction...in MOST aspects it is worse...but one great thing that came out of it was more scans for us to see. =D

Let us start with the good news first....
-We got to see a sequel.
-Nice art.
-More characters.
-Another anime for us to watch. =)

Here is the bad:
-Weak, weak, weak, and sucky storyline for the most part. Ninety percent of the episodes were fillers...heck...the whole series was very close to being a filler series!
-Too many characters for us to even get to know...sure, most of them looked pretty(and that's probably why we remember them), but most of them died before we got to know them. It is very important for us to bond to the characters in order to feel the true effect of a great series...(I am sure half of you didn't understand that...>_<) Even when they brought oldies back, they were given totally new personalities! Okay...I know war makes you a totally different person when you get back...but...uh...that dramatically? We were left wondering, "...Hey...is that really Athrun?" It's as if they were given the same bodies but they were a totally different character inside.
-Many relationships did not have the time to develop. AthrunXCagalli(Loves them to death) was pretty good in the beginning, but slowly went...no...rapidly went downward. Why...oh why...Cagalli has a country to run, and gets stressed out, but maybe that is why she decided to break up with Athrun. If they got married or something, then it would be SOO much responsibility for Cagalli. She's only eighteen too folks. Would you be able to run a country in the middle of a war, with no former experience, and not expect to go through Hell and back? Shinn and Luna....eh...if somebody killed my little sister I would find it near impossible to fall in love with him...the producers probably needed a new relationship to replace the AthrunXCagalli one. ShinnXLuna do not look bad together, but they got together so quickly...it reminds me of KiraXFllay. And now for the biggie...LacusXKira. Yes, they are cute together, but Kira has matured to the point of seeming as if he is a twenty-six...or even...thirty year old. Lacus too. Yes war matures you, but do you guys have to let your teenage years fly out of the window? They are very boring and too perfect put together, and have do not have any personality...very little, but it is barely there. Kira is modest and shy, but maybe he does not want to kiss Lacus because Lacus reminds him of Fllay. (And if you don't believe me go watch Episode 47 of SEED. There are two parts in there that show Kira thinking that Lacus is Fllay). It is very hard on him, and I feel sorry for him. Lacus flirts, but does not do anything much. It is as if she expects Kira to do all the work! "Kira...I'm going up into space, so make sure nothing shoots my shuttle". "Okay Lacus!" "I am not afraid of you Gilbert because I have the Ultimate Coordinator, Kira, by my side, and if that is the case, I CAN DO ANYTHING!" "All what I have to do is talk because Kira will destroy things for me". Sounding a bit like Fllay? Sounds like it to me. Lacus does use Kira, although Lacus admitted. The difference is Lacus DID admit, and Fllay DIED BEFORE she could admit. It is not fair to poor Kira and Fllay.
-WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE KIRA GOD?!?! For two years he did not pilot a Gundam, and when he goes back, it is as if he has been training the whole time. Yes, he is the Ultimate Coordinator, but after two years, when there is better technology, (Supposedly) better pilots, and better mobile suits, you would expect him to get scratched, but he doesn't. Not at all. Nada...well, except for that fight with Shinn. Rip off of the fight with Athrun though. When he goes to fight at Jackin Due for the second time, the first time, he nearly got killed(he was floating ouside of his Gundam when the fight was over, and his Gundam was in pieces), and when he goes back the second time, he has his near invincible Strike Freedom, equipped with METEOR, and starts blasting the living heavens out of everything he needs to shoot down. Athrun was practically unneeded during that last fight. Not to mention over half of Kira's dialogue in that episode was, "Athrun!" "Athrun!" "Athrun!"
Athrun's dialogue: "Kira!" "Got it." "Kira!" *nods* *Agrees* *Nods again* Lacus is like a god's wife or something. She knows everything, she knows how to get to everybody, she looks perfect, she knows what to do, she knows this and that and blah blah blah. Short translation? Perfect/boring/no character/ no development whatsoever. In my mind, Lacus wasn't needed half of the time. Most of the time she was just flirting with Kira anyway...or staying by his side, or doing something else with him.
-They killed most of the good characters. I see why they killed Stellar off. To make things sad, add some more stuff we do not get much of in this series=PLOT!, and because she would have died anyway...unless if the scientists and doctors at PLANT could have found something to help her survive, for without the pod she would die. Meer....she did not have to die at all. Many people hate her because she was pretending to be Lacus, but she needed to. Let me repeat, NEEDED TO AND SHE WANTED TO HELP. While Miss Lacus was on Earth helping Kira out and wanting to be around him and staying away from "danger", the people on PLANT did not have anybody to encourage them and to inspire them. Lacus left a WHOLE NATION behind for one person. Sad, but romantic, but selfish as well. So that is why Gilbert found Meer, not only because she sang like Lacus, but because he knew Lacus was very important to politics and to the people of PLANT. She tried her bes to support her country, to act like Lacus so the people wouldn't question and get confused, and influence politics for the good of the people. Yes Lacus was her idol, but she was happy to be her to help the people out as well. When Lacus just stepped out of nowhere and said, "Do not believe her. She is a fake. I am Lacus Clyne", it made me angry because Meer did so much for the people, and then Lacus just steps up like that and says, "She is a fake...therefore, she is bad. She is influencing you in a bad way." Hello Lacus, YOU WERE NOT THERE THE WHOLE TIME. Meer had to do everything, and all what Lacus had to do was tell the people that she was a fake.
Heine was awesome. They had to kill him off though, because T.M. Revolution was busy and had to finish up some albums....shame though. Gundam SEED is one of his favorite animes. I bet he was thrilled to have played a character, even for a short time.
-They put characters with great potentials in the back. Yzak...oh my goodness...he was a Commander, and we only get to see him every once in a while. SO much potential for him, but he doesn't even get a really cool Gundam like Athrun's or anything! Luna could have been better, but they did not give us enough options with her. Meyrin...eh....cute...not really needed too much though. Too many characters in this series were needed, but only for a very small and short purpose, most of the time.

I am sorry this is so long, but I wanted to get all of my thoughts out. I hope you enjoyed my rant. =D

Exactly my thoughts!
Kira WAS A GOD! He took down 25 MOBILE SUITS in 2 MINUTES. Now if that is not god i don't know what it is. Oh and...
THE RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT is REALLY BAD. Like Shinn and Luna it is confusing (presenting my thoughts): Shinn - "I killed someone's sister. I shall now love the victim's sister." - this is sarcastic but the real view on this random relationship. This is quite, no REALLY unrealistic - if someone killed another person's sister (supposedly kill) or if you killed someone's sister, would you love the victim's sister (Luna) or killer (Shinn). NO WAY - YOU WOULD HATE THEM (or i would anyway...).
Plus Asucaga...
Well the details are already included in the above quote.
THE PRODUCERS SHOULD FIX THIS RELATIONSHIP.

Signature
Control the Rage, Shinn!
"This is mankind's dream, mankind's desire, mankind's destiny! To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest!To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!" - Rau Le Creuset

Slothy7

MR

i liked destiny alot they did it well just not as well as seed

I also agree about athrun and cagalli they should never have broken up!

I did like the way they introduced kira!

It also was silly that Mwu La Fllagawas alive but i still enjoyed his character!

Oh And the Reason Why lucus did not come out and tell everyone the meer campbell was a fake is because she felt sorry for meer after she found out about what happened

BlackSun

The Melodies of the Battlefield

Ok here is my take on the entire Seed and Seed Destiny plot.
Mobile Suits: No comments, they are machines can be modified so if it works don't fix it I always say...

1. Coordinators : If they are so genetically advance and stuff why the hell are they having a hard time defeating naturals? The seed mode or berserk mode or whatever they call it, why don't the Zaft force utilize this skill. "It could take down a whole Friggin' fleet of ships" Now if one coordinator can do it why not a whole army? Nuclear Weapons? They can take them out easy with the Seed mode, new mobile suits weapons? Hell they can always make better ones, or are the coordinators afraid of what an army of super coordinators can do. The nature of coordinators are very vague in terms of the real capabilities of this race. does that mean Chairman Durandal or Meryl Hawke couldn't pilot a mobile suit or go Seed mode? Aren't they supposed to be adaptive people like when Kira piloted the Strike for the first time? I have no idea why the real root of the problem of the war was never the solution or the downfall of ZAFT, and instead tactics and mobile suits were used by the author to spice up the show. This goes both to Seed and Destiny...

2. Pilots: Ok I give Kira the go ahead cause he had no choice on the matter. But a pilot like Shinn Asuka is a dagger in the heart and I'm surprised that he still lives in the end with that kind of attitude in the battlefield. Mental conditioning in every battle is a must in order for a unit to work as a unit or even if you are alone like what Kira did. Shinn asuka is a talented Kid with a gun and should never been admited in the military let alone pilot the Impulse. Ok he did take down the Freedom, saved the Minerva a couple of times and a few natives on an island and stuff but was that because of skill or was it because he was so freaking furious about loosing his family and he had the Impulse to back it up, he was not skillful really just really lucky to have the Impulse to fuel his stupid vendetta for the name of ZAFT or self satisfaction. Athrun should have killed this moron.

3. Overall: Seed? It's a great story with lots of adjustments added and some valuable datas left out or omitted that could have made an impact on how the story should have proceeded but too many crying emotions that make me sick, I think Lacus has more balls than Kira and Athrun put together . Bad work on the Destiny especially on Shinn but with good phasing and tons of emotions, the boring aspect of what should have been were thrown out the window. Just an inquiry I heard GS is going to have a movie with recycled characters (not sure) does this mean it will not be loyal to the continuity and make a new What if plot? Interesting, does this mean that the producers of Seed themselves are not satisfied with their outcome on the TV that they decided to make it this way?

Feel free to teach me a thing or two people...PEACE! :D

toumarie

toumarie

@BlackSun : Yeah, I agree with you, if Coordinators are more capable of anything than Natural, they shouldn't have a hard time to wipe a bunch of armies of Natural ^__^
but a SEED mode is not everyone can do it, look at Yzak and Dearka (they couldn't use the SEED mode, even there's a story about how Yzak really want to know that power and failed ^__^, you can watch it in SEED Jealousy) and even a Natural can be in SEED mode, such as Cagalli ^^
In fact, there's always some Coordinator change side, look what happen to Athrun when he realize how bad his father's goal? He changed his mind and he joined Orb army and I think there are so many people, Coordinators especially who's not arrogant and feel more powerful than Natural. Coordinator who think can live peacefully with Natural, that's why Orb was there ^^
They can change side and even help Natural to defense themself ^^
Technology usually comes number one ^^ and the most powerful is quantity ^^, err I mean number. No matter how strong are you, you still can loose if you're under attack of so many people (except for Rambo hahahha) around you and I think that nature law is still happen ^^

Yeah, Shinn also disobeyed the rules in military, he even release Stellar whom he knew as an enemy ^__^, why Gilbert use Shinn as a pilot of Gundam? Why he didn't choose Yzak? Yzak killed 2 gundams in SEED ^__^ and he almost killed Kira too if Athrun didn't help Kira by capture Strike with Aegis, right? Too bad, there's no skillful pilot enough who can make Kira or Athrun depressed in battle ^__^

I think no much emotions in GSD, I didn't feel how Lunamaria sad after Meyrin's dead (she didn't know yet that actually Meyrin was survived).
The love story between Lunamaria and Shinn was not make sense to me, they fallen in love to easily each other after they first person they like was dead (Stellar who's really dead and Athrun who supposed to be dead too).

I remember one MS that actually didn't need to build, remember an MS that was for Meer performance? But it could make me laugh hahahhaha...so that's fine nywhahahaha

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

BlackSun

The Melodies of the Battlefield

A quote from 1wakemeup1

The character that really grew up through the series was Shinn Asuka, in my point of view. Along with Meyrin Hawke and Meer Campbell. Shinn's haters can go shove it.

"If you had your life taken away from you by people you probably trusted, I'm pretty damn sure you wouldn't be happy and sunshine."

I'm a Shinn hater and no my friend I will never "shove it", though it "IS" a fact that having been betrayed is very painful but does that give anyone the right to be Judge Jury and Executioner at all times? That is the mind of a gifted killer disguised as a soldier of peace, a machine, a self centered puppet of emotions who only thinks that the world can be viewed as black and white, which were exploited by Durandal and Rey. But of course, if you are in to this kind of characters that is your disgression.

Shinn thought Attha had killed his family, so he grew to hate them. Big deal.

That is exactly why Wars started with naturals and coordinators, We kill them they die, BIG DEAL! And as you said "SHINN THOUGHT", did ORB wanted this to happen? NO! Cagali's father never wanted a war, the Earth Fed did but it could have gone either way now can it? What if Orb decided to align itself with Earth and the same thing happened only this time the Coordinators attacked and Shinn's parents were still killed, Shinn will still blame ORB.WHY? Because it is an immature psychological defense because back then he was nothing more than a weak kid. And the worst thing to do to a weak person is to have him access to guns.

" When he wanted to do something, then he did it. He wasn't spoiled-- he barely had anything but Stellar (before she died), Lunamaria, his memories in a cellphone, and his friends. He had *nothing* but those."

Precisely! Like the time when he decided to shoot down Athrun and Meryn, He may not be crazy for Athrun but what the hell does Meryn had to do with it? Let the girl go and we'll settle this. A man's word but sadly Shinn was no man. I think he used equality between sexes a bit too far here...
A Hunch an assumption that She too was a traitor, He could have just immobilize the Gouf and send them back He has the Destiny!, It's not like papa Durandal will punish him because he did avoid the firing squad when he returned Stellar to Neo no he's not "spoiled" he's just given "special treatment" cause it fits Durandals needs, instead he went berserk over a thing like this and did the same bull charging move he did on Freedom. Lunamaria? That was her sister that went plunging down the ocean, and not even an apology just because she choze him for comfort? Is Lunamaria stronger than Shinn to embrace and apparently Kiss the Psycho who killed her own sister? And he even had the guts to say he will protect her, sure, but who's gonna protect Lunamaria from him? No my friend this is not a story loophole this is hypocracy one step forward. And as an added bonus, there was a time during the final fight with Athrun, Lunamaria ("HIS SOMETHING") after being damaged by Athrun decided to stop them but Shinn attacked that almost killed her if it weren't for Athrun. "I will protect you he says" but deep inside he's saying "Cross my path and I'll do to you what Orb did to my parents" Seesh...

Meryn and Meer I have no qualms, they are both victims like Shinn, but unlike Shinn they never had used force. Well Meer can force me anytime hehehehe

One last thing my friend, please re consider using the word "shove it" You sound like a grade school bully...Opinions are fine but mocking words are not, and I'm SURE the moderators think the same way...IMO

[b][/b][u][/u]

pandemonium4146

pandemonium4146

Will Pelt You With Pebbles

Agreed. though destiny was a bit better in terms of animation... the story was kinda weak... and I hate fukuda for ruining AsuCaga... T_T

"It's like... it's like... unbelievable."
- I stutter in disbelief. >.>

That's right! I really hate Destiny story... it's just a remake of first SEED with worse ending, you know? So, Fukuda replaced main chara from Shinn to Kira. It's unreal but becomes reality!

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 184 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.