Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Destiny is worse than SEED? - Minitokyo

Destiny is worse than SEED?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 184 total items

I think you should make a poll in this thread so we can find out how many people agree or disagree about GSD was worse than SEED.. Well, itz jus my opinion..

I wonder, how about GSD SE? Do you think itz still worse than SEED?
Well, as for me, it is.. GSD SE however still follows GSD story but I think itz better then GSD itself... I have to admit, I am an asucaga fans so if there's another new scene of asucaga, I'm happy especially when Athrun is still thinking of Cagalli though he had re-joined ZAFT again ^^

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

Yeah, I've heard this kind of suggestion before and as I said before, I dunno how to make a poll based on this thread only...I mean, how can I make a poll without make another new thread like this? If you could do that, please let me know so I can make the poll in this oldie thread ^^

Yeah, basically GSD SE story based on GSD so I think SEED is better *still* hehehhe..

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

Okay, I'll just say this outright: I hate Gundam Seed Destiny But in some way i still like this anime. Why?
The only reason i like this anime series is because i like the couple Shinn Asuka and Stella Loussier.For me they are the best couple i ever see in any anime, the storyline about this couple is very touching and also romantic.
One of the few part that i hate in this anime would be starting from the returning of Kira Yamato and also Athrun Zala.For me this is outrageous!How could this possible happen?After freedom being defeated Kira should have gotten some damage from the explosion but it looks like Kira didn't get any damage beside maybe 1 of his losen tooth had drop out and cause some bleeding in his mouth.I bet Mitsuo Fukuda should have liked Kira alot and didn't bare to let Kira got any injury.
Another weird point happen in Gundam Seed Destiny is when Minerva was fighting with the Archangel.The Minerva which is heavily armoured couldn't even give archangel a good hit?This is more like the archangel is invurnable.ZAFT which is famous in its huge amount of gundam and also battleship working with the Minverva couldn't defeat the Eternal and Archangel while the Eternal and Archangel is teaming with Orb army which had been greatly reduce in amount after getting hit by the Neo-Genesis array.
In conclusion for me this Gundam Series is a little bit too outrageous and i bet it would be the main reason people hate this series.

merged: 10-11-2009 ~ 04:50pm
Okay, I'll just say this outright: I hate Gundam Seed Destiny But in some way i still like this anime. Why?
The only reason i like this anime series is because i like the couple Shinn Asuka and Stella Loussier.For me they are the best couple i ever see in any anime, the storyline about this couple is very touching and also romantic.
One of the few part that i hate in this anime would be starting from the returning of Kira Yamato and also Athrun Zala.For me this is outrageous!How could this possible happen?After freedom being defeated Kira should have gotten some damage from the explosion but it looks like Kira didn't get any damage beside maybe 1 of his losen tooth had drop out and cause some bleeding in his mouth.I bet Mitsuo Fukuda should have liked Kira alot and didn't bare to let Kira got any injury.
Another weird point happen in Gundam Seed Destiny is when Minerva was fighting with the Archangel.The Minerva which is heavily armoured couldn't even give archangel a good hit?This is more like the archangel is invurnable.ZAFT which is famous in its huge amount of gundam and also battleship working with the Minverva couldn't defeat the Eternal and Archangel while the Eternal and Archangel is teaming with Orb army which had been greatly reduce in amount after getting hit by the Neo-Genesis array.
In conclusion for me this Gundam Series is a little bit too outrageous and i bet it would be the main reason people hate this series.

at 1st, wat's his name? shin?
i know his family died in the war... but hello, u're not the only one whose family died in the war... i know u're the main character... but u're getting more and more annoying...
cagalli and athrun were strong in seed... at least, cagalli... she was... i like the cagalli in seed.
athrun was lost once but lacus saved him...
but then, suddenly the both of 'em turned so weak in destiny... which made me dun feel like watching it...
the only thing i love is to know that mwuu didn't die and lacus is doing fine, as always!

I watched Destiny first before I watched SEED. And I was disappointed with the action in SEED. Shiro is a spoiled brat, but then again he's a teenager who can't make rational decision.

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

yeah, destiny is worse than seed...
i watched it and seed is definitely better.

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

toumarie

toumarie

Uwaah...thanks for keeping my thread alive hehehhe *big smile*
I watched GSD since I thought it'll be a promising story after seed...yet it seemed not ==a

Quote by KaitoKurobaThe Minerva which is heavily armoured couldn't even give archangel a good hit?This is more like the archangel is invurnable.

Not only this one....If you watch the anime again (forgot which episode)...you'll see..Even Lunamaria as a read coat member couldn't hit even once a ship that flying straight (Djibril tried to escape to space) *sigh*

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

Kaname-Sama-Love

Kaname-Sama-Love

Kaname-Sama's Beloved

Destiny started off boring and slow and it just went down hill.....

SEED kicks Destiny by miles

pureblood98

pureblood98

mmmmmm...

i like seed better because in destiny athrun and cagalli broke up....

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.. -Ulysses
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.. -Azula

If anything, I think SEED Destiny strayed too much from its intended path. As any normal person would assume, Shinn should have been the main character of this story - Start to end. But when the appearance of Kira and company came up, suddenly conflict arises and personally, I think that's what made a whole mess of the story.

SEED Destiny is basically a remix of the original SEED, but with a worse tune. Dressed up with better mechas of course. I can't deny I thoroughly enjoyed the Destiny, Legend, Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Impulse Gundams. If anything, I believe SEED Destiny was a failed attempt at telling Shinn Asuka's story. In the end, the focus was shifted to Kira, which should have not been the case.

Destiny has worse plot than Seed but drawing is excelent. I don't like Destiny because there are too much Shinn, Minerva and other useless staff. I wantted to see story line about Kira, Athrun, Yzak, Dearka and Archangel on top priority.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Destiny is not what I say is a worthy sequel, first off is the continuing conflict of Naturals vs. Coordinators and the war between them ensues again, it's sad because so many lost their lives in the first conflict, and so, no one learned their lessons of the first conflict and that's on both sides. I don't understand why both Athrun and Lacus had to leave after the first conflict had ended, so many problems on the ZAFT/Plants side of things could have been avoided if Athrun and Lacus stayed there during the post-war period. I think the director should've taken the series in the direction similar to how the Gundam Wing sequel OVA was, such as the seriousness of peace, inbetween the end of GW and Endless Waltz, all characters who were on different sides of the TV series came together to stop another major conflict. Cagalli didn't really represent herself as a strong leader, not like Relena in Endless Waltz, Relena came out very strong in Endless Waltz and chose to set aside the pacifist ideals of the Peacecrafts and knew that one had to fight for peace. I think in episode 23 when Cagalli intervened in the battle to stop it, she should've came out of her mobile suit with her helmet removed to show her face as proof, then perhaps she would've been taken more seriously than she did. So SEED Destiny represents what Mariemaia Khushrenada said about war being an endless waltz. I think now Shinn is misunderstood as the troubled protagonist in the series and he was led astray by Dullindal's ideals, so he needed Athrun by his side to mentor him in the right direction. When Athrun was back in ZAFT and serving on the Minerva with Shinn, it allowed for decent character development for the both of them, so I hated it when the director decided to make Athrun a second-time defector and having Shinn revert to the way he was before. I also hated the whole idea of having the Minerva become the antagonists in the last quarter of the series, I thought it was wrong. What would've made a better sequel to SEED is doing a series based on the characters of the Astray series and their characters instead, I felt just the five minute OVA's on both Lowe's Junk Guild and Gai's Serpent Tail weren't enough and I really wanted an entire series based around them. To me, the Astray characters were far more likeable.

Signature

toumarie

toumarie

Quote by Aziff....If anything, I believe SEED Destiny was a failed attempt at telling Shinn Asuka's story. In the end, the focus was shifted to Kira, which should have not been the case.

Yeah, it changed in the middle of story >.<
And guess, the Gundam Seed Destiny The Edge --> story of GSD based on Athrun's POV not Shinn *sigh*
So, what is the meaning of Shinn as the main hero at first if Kira became the main hero at the end? ==''
Yet, GSD TE surely from Athrun's POV which means he's the main hero *imo*

And for GSD, yeah.. I think because so many people/fans of SEED, then they make the sequel without more preparation in story *again imo* ^^

Signature
Member of The-Red-Knight

It is rare that a sequel lives up to it's predecessor, and although Destiny has a few flaws, I think it is still a pretty good story (of course this is my opinion). I like how you start on ZAFT's side but then switch back to Orb and the Archangel closer to the end when you realize Durandal's true intentions. One of the criticisms is how weak they make Cagalli in the beginning because she was one of the stronger characters in SEED. I also didn't like how they made Shinn feel so superior to everyone just because he had some skills as a pilot and was able to defeat the Freedom once (not a big accomplishment when you consider how long Kira had fought and how exhausted he was).

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 184 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.