Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Problem with the resolution of screen - Minitokyo

Problem with the resolution of screen

page 1 of 1 8 total items

ikki333

ikki333

Ni idea

Hi people... I have a problem with my screen resolution, I'm work in 1024 x 768 and want chage it to 1280 x 960 but it don't appears... are 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 1024... but isn't 1280 x 960... why?
I have a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP of video... please help me :sweat:

merged: 06-25-2006 ~ 02:06am
VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP 64mb
Monitor LG Flatron ez T910B

Nu se... probando esto

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

According to the specs 1280x1024 @85Hz is the recommended resolution. That does seem odd for a CRT since normally LCDs use that resolution vs 1280x960. Running 1280x1024 may produce a better image on that monitor or your video drivers may simply not support 1280x960.

In any case I don't think it's a big deal, you can always adjust the screen position/size if the aspect ratio is off. I use a lot of 1280x960 walls at 1280x1024 and the stretching isn't too noticeable.

Signature Image

I had this problem once before and was pointed to this quick registry mod:

Quote:
Go to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Driver\xxxx\DAL
...note: xxxx will prob be 0000, but could be 0001, etc.

Look to see if there is an entry called: DALRestrictedModesBCD1
...if the Data by that entry is: 12 80 09 60 00 00 00 00, delete the entry

Now look to see if there is an entry called: DALNonStandardModesBCD[b]
...note: if there is no such entry, create it: [b]Edit menu...New...Binary Value
, name it DALNonStandardModesBCD[/b][/b]

Double-click the DALNonStandardModesBCD entry, and on the last line enter: 12 80 09 60 00 00 00 00, click OK

Close regedit

You should now have the resolution available, a reboot may be necessary

Hope it works out for you as it did for me. Cheers!

p.s. My card is an ATI. A (slightly) different approach is needed for nVidia cards.

try updating your video driver, and check and see if that would solve the problem, if not, check the specs of your video card and see if it supports resolutions 1280 x 1024 and above, hope this helps ^_^

i cant help you with that i am not yet a pro at this stuff. sorry alot.

nahuel19

nahuel19

te haces el malo gil!!

i can hack NASA with a 486 jaja!

I don't need this

That's an unusual resolution to display. It might not be supported on your monitor or that the monitor driver you're using doesn't support it.

You can try this to see if it helps. Go to Control Panel - Display - Settings Tab - Advanced - Monitor - Uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". In that same area, you can see what monitor driver you're using. It should either be your specific monitor or "Plug and Play Monitor".

Hey I have the same video card as the guy posting (VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP) but I can't set up resolution to 1680x1050 (my monitors preferred res.) I have installed all drives for video card as well as for monitor.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.