Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Uhh... whats Malaysia ? - Minitokyo

Uhh... whats Malaysia ?

Uhhh.. Malaysia ?

Never heard of it
1 votes
I know of it
27 votes
It's next to Singapore !?
11 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

After having a chat with someone on IRC, we exchanged the names of our home countries and i got shocked. He knows where Singapore is which is just an island but never heard of Malaysia which is just next to it! I'm curious to find out how many knows this country. Post here also if u had similar encounters.

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

:sweat: Malaysia is a country alright, its a million times BIGGER than Singapore, and I live there.

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

Firstly, this is in the wrong category.
Secondly, SE Asia is quite remote, few ppl would know Indonesia (my country) if not for the recent disasters, terrorism acts etc. It's no wonder if they don't know, especially if they aren't Asian. Don't make the mistake of thinking that everybody knows as much as you do. some ppl know more, some know less. live with it.
Thirdly, no offense to you, mate. Peace. Peace to all.
And lastly, this is in the wrong category. XD

I'm shocked. Maybe he knows Borneo or the Peninsular, but not Malaysia? It could be possible. And yes, I know Malaysia cause I live there.

Owhh yah, wrong category. As mentioned.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

You've never heard of it? Why? Haven't you studied history class or something?

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

Back in my secondary school days in Singapore, our geography teacher asked the class where Singapore is located. Someone - a local - was clueless enough to answer that Singapore is just next to the US.

Goes to say not everyone knows their geography, let alone those far-away countries.

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

haahahaah =) now i know why geography is an important subject.

I know its in d wrong category. I cant choose the correct one. And gel-chan, u didnt read my first posting.

sakurachriss5510

sakurachriss5510

*~*~*evErlAsTinG*~*~*~

I live in Singapore and Malaysia is terribly close to Singapore. Just a two hour drive and I can get to my grandparents house there.

I had a friend on msn who didn't know where malaysia was either ( even though she knows where Singapore is), so i guess it's quite common...

*tRue loVe prEvaiLs - asuCaga*

I've talked to many people online and in a bunch of mmorpgs, WoW, lineage, RO just to name a few, and almost 90% of them have no idea where Singapore is. Some even asked if it's part of China or something, hahaha.

And if you're wondering, yes I do live there.

zimmer

zimmer

uk.myspace.com/zairidesign

Hahah what a joke.

lmao LOL ! it not common, its weird, unusually rare.
He/she could ask their parents.

Its like, your neighbour introduce himself and say he live next to your house and you go "whaaa... whereee....i dont know where my neighbour stayed" It would be hillarious !

So everyone MUST know their geography.
Its a basic knowledge. Know your surroundings.
It is one of the most important element in life and survival.

Put the world map instead of posters in your room wall.
Most important 'read the newspapers'. There you go problem solve.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

oh lol
people don't know the state that has more piracy then all the US combined together?
my place is small island next to it tho

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

zimmer

Quote: Its like, your neighbour introduce himself and say he live next to your house and you go "whaaa... whereee....i dont know where my neighbour stayed" It would be hillarious !

ahahAHAHAHhaaha! So true! So true! This is a common problem in the world.

Ah yes. The piracy rate here has earned Malaysia a place in US's watch list. Many HIGH quality & CHEAP DVDs can be found all over. With our current paycheck it's no wonder.

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

Its better than Taiwan people always ask me "Where is taiwan? is it JAPAN"

sargesagara

sargesagara

Out Of Kontrol!

You should be surprised that when most people asked where is either Singapore or Malaysia, are actually the Eurasians and the Americans. Pretty hilarious when they reacted upon knowing.

Here's a few examples I managed to remember.

"WHAT? I thought Singapore was in Switzerland!" <-- That came from an American in one of the MMORPG games

"What is Malaysia, food?" <-- That cracked me up

"Singapore? You're lying aren't you?" <-- that had to be the most ignorant answer I've ever received.

"Singapore? You mean Chrismas Island?" <--- I was WTFing when I saw that. You know Chrismas Island, but not Singapore!?

"Is Malaysia 'inside' Indonesia?" <-- Personally, I don't get what she meant (yep, it was a lass)

"Malaysia? Molay-sia?" <--- Apparently, he thought I was talking about Austin Powers. --;

Pretty funny I must say, but it isn't their fault not knowing where Malaysia and Singapore is...

Signature

I think the moral of this story is that geograhy is NOT common knowledge, but rather far from it. Most people would struggle to name 30 countries and their capitals for example.

I know of a lot of countries, but I can't remember where most of them are, mainly because for most people it isn't something you use very often.

sargesagara

sargesagara

Out Of Kontrol!

Lol. Good thing I know about countries and where they are located. I used to love reading the world map, and see the countires and where they were located. It's just so cool. And yeah, most people do struggle, not 30, but after 50. Thet's when the brain starts to play things on people :P

Signature

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

lol. that's sad. and funny at the same time. i'm from malaysia, and to hear that makes me...amused. that goes to show how well they know geography.

Quote by zimmer ahahAHAHAHhaaha! So true! So true! This is a common problem in the world.

Ah yes. The piracy rate here has earned Malaysia a place in US's watch list. Many HIGH quality & CHEAP DVDs can be found all over. With our current paycheck it's no wonder.

lol that is so true XD XD

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I've got friends in both Malaysia and Singapore, so yeah, I know where those particular countries are.

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

I know where Malaysia is. I live there all my life.

Signature

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I have to admit that I had to think twice before I answered, but coming from the Western cultural hemisphere I know more of "Western" geography. My knowledge of the Eastern half is a bit limited (I can find any spot on the map in a matter of seconds, but don't ask me to explain out of the blue next to what country it lies). Anyway - check this link from Kontraband out.

Scary sh!t.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Malaysia is not next to Singapore...its actually north of Singapore...i use to live there... :D but moved to England cos my dad's doing his study there...we're going back this september tho...i really really really dont want to go back....im gonna cry all night thinking bout my friends in England when i move back... :( sooo sad :( :( :( :( life's sooo unfair...wish i cud stay here... oh well...*sigh*

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

uhh.. your.. point? Malaysia is a few kilometres away. There's even a bridge connecting!
I dont know what its like to move but I know Malaysia wont be that bad. You can always mail and IM your friends. U still have some time to do some stuff u want there with your pals. Enjoy. U should also be happy that your dad could actually doing this for u. If its too hot, turn on the air coditioner! U'll make new friends

Yurusaretai

Yurusaretai

Belldandy's Holy Knight

Its my country. Where a Multimedia oriented institutuion of higher learning is located. Try searching MMU on youtube.

Orewa...Yurusaretainda...

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

okay i live in that country...have got any idea?

*em, is this thread supposed to in General Anime & Manga forum? :\ *

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.