Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper and Round 1 Themes! - Minitokyo

Wallpaper and Round 1 Themes!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Yeah you can do whatever you want with the scan ^^

Sandra

Sandra

.:: Haya karo waru karo ::.

But it's a scam from other manga/anime ! But i', redrawing it , changing eyes, ears etc...changing colors.Just position is the same

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Oh um... ~_~ I say stick to images from the game you picked, unless the other anime/manga also doesn't have a category on MT or have very few gallery items, the judges will prolly put in some sort of deduction :P

Sandra

Sandra

But the only stuff that is the same is the shape.Colors, eyes, nose , mouth is different and looks like other characters from my unknown game.....

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Hnnn......... well, if you're confident that the 'other scan' you're going to use will either (1) help other people get interested about the category you're walling or (2) impress your own personal, creative take on the category, then go go go go go! Just run!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Sandra

Sandra

I think it will help other peaople to know this game ! So , GO GO GO :D

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

lol!

Hey, minna-san! I'd like every contestant's attention focused on some late-breaking news, gathered from a *super-secret-confidential* source. The courier or informant of said news had already gone to heaven, dying in the arms of this 'reporter' ... and so that her/his/its efforts are not in vain, *sniffs* I am compelled to expose the *truth* to you all!

:: 01 july 2006 ::
w.a.r. Correspondent Special Report 01:
Judges of w.a.r. bent on annihilating ALL cliched entries! XD

Invited judges of the Wallpaper and Art Revolution 2006 or w.a.r. are hell-bent on blasting all unoriginal and uninspired entries of the competition to kingdom come.

According to a now-confirmed-deceased informant, the roughly-numbered 3,491 invited judges for both the doujinshi and wallpaper competitions are at this very moment sharpening their varied and instant-death-dealing implements of criticism in preparation for "Butcher's Field Week Round One" this July 20 - July 27.

One Hour... or Else... XD

MistressOfFuu-Fuu, one of the judges for the wallpaper event, has warned all wallpaper and doujinshi artists to make their works memorable: "If your wallpaper can last on my screen for one hour, I'll grade it nicely. Same with a doujin, how long I can marvel at it. If it can't, beware my pretties, mwahahaha."

Another judge, going by the name of Cotton, has vowed to bring down his ono on the virtual heads of participants who will indiscriminately pepper their wallpapers with "nonsense circles, arrows, certain brushes and what have you".

Yet another judge, with the monicker NiceNiceMice, has admonished the participants to use commonly-seen techniques and perspectives sparingly or else they will witness firsthand what a thousand mice nibbling at your wallpapers and doujinshi would look like.

Of Jealousy and Miracles XD

This correspondent has also noted that most of the judges will compare the contestants' entries with the judges' own artistic creations, heavily basing their 'execution-or-elevation-pronouncements' on them: "If your art has forced me to squeak 'I wish I'd thought of doing that first' in jealousy, then you will be spared."

One of the arbiters for the w.a.r. has surprisingly proclaimed a message of compassion for those artists who will perform what he calls the "Ultimate Miracle of Miracles" -- "If you can create good-looking and high-quality cliche stuff with a bit of a twist, I will personally beg the Spirits of the Arts to grant you immortality, for you have accomplished the impossible: out of the old arises the shell of the innovative."

This correspondent appeals to all participants of w.a.r. to heed these portents and to strive with all their hearts to survive the w.a.r.

[correspondent's postscript:
Enjoy the read, and I hope you make fun of it as much I had fun writing it! It's terribly corny, I know, but 'can't stop my fingers from making the piece! Please sprinkle post with lots of grains of salt... but maybe a small dose of belief wouldn't hurt, too, hehe.]

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

... >xD

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Omg~ What was that about?

Signature

LOL XD

Signature Image

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

lol x 5! 'promise to write w.a.r. correspondences like this one sporadically throughout the comps, lol!

(*withholds the truths from bj0rn... if bj0rn laughs, then maybe I'll reconsider telling what the w.a.r. report really means, lol x infinity!)

Signature Image

Sandra

Sandra

; ____ ;

Are simple lookin walls ok for war ?

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

I guess Simple-ism group members could answer your question better, Sandra. And, taking a quick peek at last year's w.a.r. (though I have to admit I haven't the technical know-how to fully appreciate the art there!), there seems to be quite a number of "simple-looking wallpapers" (at least that's how I see them!) in them. Simple-looking, but infused with a certain feel to them that still make them stand out. Vague, I know, but maybe you could take a browse at last year's website for a little bit and try to take in the airs and maybe you could virtually sniff some inspiration and allow yourself to be infected with it?

Anyway, instead of worrying 'bout the judges' bludgeons and fulfilling their expectations (which I highly doubt you could, since the judges are supposed to be secret and since they themselves have their own personal takes on what makes a certain wallpaper stand out... not that I'm saying that there aren't any basic agreements on it, but yes, your head is spinning at the amount of words spewed here!), why don't you have fun making your walls and art and have fun juggling tips and tricks with your groupmates? ^_~

Signature Image

Sandra

Sandra

I have a lot of fun with makin my wallie for the contest (believe me :P Well , you'll see it soon) but it also scarres me a little bit.... I just want our team to be the best :)

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

*nods along to chara's reply*

Sandra

Sandra

I'm sending my submission for WAR *___*

merged: 07-12-2006 ~ 06:08pm
Dear wallpaper artist,

I am not seen. I am not heard. I am untouched.
Because the others don't see, hear, touch me.
Did the others choose my fate, or was it destined from the start?
Was I too boring, too mundane, too highbrowed, too academic, too daring, too adult, too... dare I say it?... cartoonish?
Or were the others too busy peddling others of my kind to the masses?
Do I have to sell myself so I can be loved?

... will you love me?

Desperately yours,
The Unknown

Do I need to use this txt ? I Mean DO i need to make a wallie which fits this txt ?

Signature

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Deadline for w.a.r. Round 1 entries:: Five/Six days to go! ::

* sniffs your cooked-up wallpaper for w.a.r. *
Ummmm, smells yummy!
* Reminder to self: no taste test, no taste test! *

Well, you already did make a wallie that fits the text. (But the judges will have the last say on that. Brrrrr... ) The text's just a teaser we cooked up to present reasons why this particular series/artist category isn't given the walling attention or homage it so deserves. It's a love letter, or more like a final plea for recognition! Anyway, 'hope the meanings do come across!

Signature Image

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.