Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestions & complaints - keeping MT fresh & clean - Minitokyo

Suggestions & complaints - keeping MT fresh & clean

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I'll be putting down a list of suggestions and complaints mixed up. I've searched the forums for a topic(s) similar to what I wanted to say but couldn't find anyting (or anythign still open). I'm hoping that this post will be something like a sticky where ppl will reply with thoughtful comments which will help MT. Sorry if this kind of post has already been up many times. I want to help and make MT more of a community (not that it isn't 1, its the best out there from what i've experienced) and help keep it as clean as possible. I know I had more to say but forgot. :\ Ok I'll just get straight to it. Here it goes.

[1st]
To help keep comments constructive i think replys/comments should be more then 1 word therefore any that does not meet the requirement are deleted or do not even process like when submitting an item and you have to type a 30 character description. (the requirement can be a diff # according to the mods/admins of MT say like 2 or 3 words min.)

[2nd]
Eliminating walls that are the same but in diff resoultion. You can have 1 of the submissions have links to the others in a diff resolution or a better idea is just have the highest resolution stay and the rest gone.

[3rd]
Leechers. I know somethign like this had been posted but it was closed and i couldn't comment on it. I think there should be a requirement lvl to dl even walls. From what i know guest can dl walls rite? Atleast lvl 5 will make these ppl interact with teh community and limit those guest who fully leech walls. This 1 just came to me when i was about done with this post for today, how about having a ratio for members with lower then lvl 10, expanding, e.g. 1 post = able to ddownload 1 wall or 2 post = able to dl 1 wall, and so on.

added sept. 5, 04

[4th]
Not sure if this will help but its already done but not permitly. Taking the part with the list of currents members and what they're doing, or taking the member section out, aren't these similar? I've also noticed that the members section has the part with featured members who have donated, I can undestand y not to take the member section away, but you can consider moving it else (possibly the homepage.)

[5th]
The shoutbox. I personally think that keeping it gone would be a good idea, but i understand y ppl would want to keep it. I've never used it but it does make the community feel more alive and active. How about making a seperate page for it. Don't you have to refrest the screen to make new msg show up? doesn't refreshing take up bandwidth loading up everything on the screen. Putting it on a seperate page thats has a plain colour with just the shoutbox and and the title or logo of MT would minimize load.

[6th] A rules section in the Support section to make it straight forward to newbs and not so newbish members what is expected and what is not expected in MT, etc.

[7th]
A guide section in the Support section. This would includes things like the lvl details: 10 you can dl, at this lvl you get the white bg, search function, no ads, etc. I'm not so sure about these details but i thought i'd mention it. There like rumors floating around hehe.

I know that the 6th and 7th sound similar to the FAQ section.

[8th]
FAQ section. I think it would be a good idea to have the FAQ info all in 1 page. Have a heading then the info under that, another heading info under that, etc. I've been to the FAQ a couple times in search for an answer but everytime i end up having to load up every section under FAQ to find it, if it was in the same page ppl wouldn't have to be doing extra clicks and extra loading, i'd just have to scroll around the page.

[9th]

Ok, I've fortten the many other 1s i was gonna say :p i'm gonna start wrting them down and add them here ... so i'll be editing this in the future as they come. I know that these may seem a bit ambitious but i'm just throwing ideas out there so maybe some1 will piggyback off of it. I'm hoping that I can help MT become the ultimate anime community by keeping it as clean as possible and as lively as possible.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

[first] Yeah i agree, they should be 2 or 3 word. I use at least five on scans and dozens on walls.

[second] Agreed, I havent seen incidents of this though.

[third] I totally agree on this one. Why should guests get to dl walls and do nothing for the community.???

[fourth] I agree, maybe combine them?

[fifth] I think the shoutbox should go back to the way it was, but only after mt gets its new server. :) :)

[sixth] Agree totally
[seventh] Agreee
[eighth] Agree

Signature

crazypanda

Work is my life! -_-''''''

First---I don't really care about it. As long as there's a comment. I am happy about it. :)

Second--Totally agree with you. We only need one pic not two pics with different resolutions.

Third--Man, I didn't know guest can dl walls. How can mods allow this to happen!!! :angry: I thought only level 10 member can dl scans and walls. ?__?

Signature

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

3/ I think you have to give the possibility for the people who just encountered MT to have "a taste of it". You know what I mean? Because you can count me in the leechers before I registered to MT. When I first discovered the site, I browsed around, checking the quality and variety of pictures. Then I thought "it's cool, let's register". If you disable that feature, maybe some people will be reluctant to even becoming member here. I can tell it was a pain to wait level 10 to finally download scans for making wallpapers. :/

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

1 - Indeed.
2 - I don't have problems with changing wallpapers resolution to fit my monitor.
3 - I agree with Ashe here.
4 - :\
5 - It makes the community feel more alive and active, indeed, and it makes it possible to talk to other members directly (only if they can see the shoutbox, of course). On the other hand, some people are kind of "blocking" other people shouts by chatting, which moves the one shout to your friend out of the visible are way too fast. Maybe we can have a separate site for people who want to chat all day long and keep the shoutbox for short and informative messages.
6 - New members should be confronted with the FAQ page for at least 1 minute after they've registered and as a proof that they can speak English, they should have to find the exit out of the page (no okay button!).
7 - The advertisement never stops, even I can see it. :D
8 - The real problem is that nobody expects the FAQ being behind the support button. A better name like "Help" might solve this problem.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Naota

Naota

Nyaho

About the third - I think a quota system will be a good compromise.
ex: a guest could dl a little number of wall per day to have "a taste of it" as Ashe said, so they don't need to register but they have limitation that lead them to register if they like it and want more and then get a better quota of dl per day. And to finish they got no limitation when they reach the lvl 10. I think that with this system everybody can have at least a little part of mt and get more if they join and do things for the commutity. :)

#3: Heh. I always love the "now that I'm in, let's pull up the ladder" posts.

I'm guessing that the point of MT is to encourage people to have fun with anime and manga, not to set barriers to entry or make it difficult for newbies to get into the hobby.

I'm like Ashe. I came, I downloaded, *then* I posted. I'm sure there are leechers a-go-go here; I'm one, because I've never contributed my own scan or wall, just downloaded and commented on the works of others. Right now I'm slowly making my way through the Anime gallery, commenting on works that I like and downloading ones I really like. I'm just the kind of person you don't want here, right? The only people who should hang out here are artists, right?

What's funny is the contrarian market dynamics that apply to online information. The more you give away, the more people will demand it. The idea of placing limits on wall downloads sounds great, but you are putting up barriers to participation, and with every barrier you lose a potential pariticpant.

What is needed is not greater restrictions on newbies, but ways to turn newbies into participants, or better yet, people donating financial support to the site. Make it easy to get free stuff! Use the leveling system to deliver real value to participants, rather than pulling up the ladder as an attempt at elitism. And then come up with ways to generate income for the site without charging subscription fees, relying on charity, or some other hoo-hah.

If you do silly things like "only level 69 participants can download scans with nipples in them" then you will drive your audience away.

<puts soapbox away and gets back to work>

Naota

Naota

Nyaho

personaly i don t want to pull up anyone away from here i ve the same opinion that you on the subject and some of my friends come here to see my walls and i don't want to see mt denied to them cause they dont register or anything.
i ve suggested this solution if they need to limit the server use.
i thinked this will be better and more suitable to the wall than a level limitation like the one for the scans
but yes , as much as possible mt need to be open for all

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.