Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who think Naruto will be cancelled before fillers end? - Minitokyo

Who think Naruto will be cancelled before fillers end?

Tagged under Naruto

page 1 of 1 5 total items

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

Yea i know probably a million plp already started a thread bout naruto and all but yea i just wanna know who honestly thinks that naruto fillers are gonna end before the show gets cancelled? i mean there have been fillers for over 60 episodes now i dont even watch it anymore cuz its just ridiculous am i right? remember rurouni kenshin and the made up christian arc? yea those were all fillers and by the time they wanted to finish the fillers the show was cancelled so i think naruto is going down the same path...wat do you think?

I highly doubt that. If you see the financial status of Naruto (even during the filler arcs), Naruto is still being sucessful. For example, to determine Naruto being cancelled here in the states is very unlikely due to the facts that anything that has Naruto franchise on it is about 80 - 90% a sell out. its going to take some time before Naruto will die out and cancell out. Pokemon is very closely to be the next victum. Ask anyone, "who still watches pokemon from the 1st ep to the current one?" Almost nobody watches it. Give it a few years and Naruto will be another forgotten anime in the past.

Umm okay i know i'm freakin stupid... but i've been wondering this... What are fillers? I always kind of thought they were flash backs, but i'm not sure o.o

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

^ filler is anything in an anime that didn't happen in the original manga it was based on. Any material or story arc in the anime (including a flashback sequence that actually didn't occur in the manga like Kimimaro's or Anko's) is filler. Typically, filler's purpose is to allow the manga more time to advance by providing the anime with original material (and by original I mean made up for the anime itself). When the manga has progressed enough, then they typically start animating based off of the manga again (which is called canon).

For an example, all of Rurouni Kenshin's "Meiji Arc" (3rd season) is filler. After the Kyoto Arc (with Shishio), the manga continues on with the Jinchuu Arc (with Tomoe's brother Enishi). The problem was that when the anime had finished up the Kyoto Arc, the manga's Jinchuu arc had just started, so they couldn't animate it yet; there wasn't enough to work with. They decided to animate stories created just for the anime (filler), which is what all of the Meiji Arc is, and the purpose of this was to allow the manga's Jinchuu Arc to progress to a point that they can start animating it. The Meiji Arc however was not popular at all, so since people stopped watching RK, they stopped animating it altogether. Inuyasha almost got to that point too. The anime had caught up too closely to the manga, but what they chose to do was NOT create any more filler that would prolong the anime and cause a possible decline in popularity, they chose to just end it where it was. The manga of course is still going. There's been no word however if the anime will start back up again (I'm guessing not).

Now, as far as Naruto is concerned, it's true that the popularity in Japan has not declined in the least because of the filler. That's because the largest audience for Naruto in Japan is the casual anime watcher who doesn't complain about whether the anime is canon or filler. If there's no decline in popularity, there's no rush to end filler. Since they can continue to do filler episodes at no expense to it's popularity, that actually allows the manga to progress even further than it normally would, so that eventually, when they DO go back to animating canon material (based off manga), the anime can go that much longer.

So no, I don't think Naruto will be canceled due to it's large amount of filler because it hasn't gotten any less popular in Japan; the only real complaints come from the fansub community.

elizabeth-san

elizabeth-san

Never On.

thats really a good question and sonryu has a good point.i dont think it will be cancelled its too popular.and i know i dont like the fillers either but im used to it.in ways i think it might end up Inu-Yahsa its just to hard to tell.i hope they fired the person who drew the Naruto and Sasuke the drawing was horrible.

Uchiha Sasuke Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.