Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 191 total items

Hi people, i want to know if you feel religions as annoying as i sometimes find them... i try to tolerate peoples belives, but the people push you to follow their religions, or cannot talk about anything else than their god, and how god do this and that, and Jesus here and that, and Satan here and that... i just feel ke i m about to explote.

I hate evangelistsand priests for me many of them are nothing more than thieves... maybe many of them actually want to help people, but many of us know that religion is nothing more that a huge business based of the weak people`s faith, and many of these mans of God are there just to fill their pockets.

I hate the religion for their hipocresy, they make a huge problem for gay marriage and they donĀ“t say nothing about wars, more than that, i ve seen priests or evangelist pastors bless soldiers and wish them a good carnage in the name of god... example Pat Roberson.

I belive that we would have a better world without religions, nobody should tell you what to belive and how to see the world... religions are nothing else than control of the masses.

Signature

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Yes i do find Religon annoying though not all is bad such as Buddhisim. Religon can be used so well as an excuse to tell others what to do, its a tool of sorts.

Now Christians have tried to convert me( to no avail), and they try to legislate ther beliefs into law. And it annoys me. I do Respect that people have diffrent ideas as well but once you mess with my coutries laws and start pushing your ideas on me, i'll get annoyed.

Another good thread

Shinsengumi89

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

yea i dont like religion either did you hear about he story of the guy who like talked a ton of ppl into some religious thing and then made them commit suicide....or somthing like that

merged: 07-07-2006 ~ 02:32am
p.s. you are your own GOD

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

Quote by cowgirlbebop0000yea i dont like religion either did you hear about he story of the guy who like talked a ton of ppl into some religious thing and then made them commit suicide....or somthing like that

merged: 07-07-2006 ~ 02:32am
p.s. you are your own GOD

oo wasnt that called the jonestown massacre or something? I cant exactly remember, but it was the one where the guy made his followers drink poisoned grape juice right?

well, yes, I do think religion is annoying sometimes. Some people are a little pushy and try to get you to convert. Besides that, I have no problem with religion.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

i find them annoying when they interfer with other peoples plans, science research, political elections, the list goes on.
but the thing is i really dont mind when people are religous, but there comes a point when they become zealots and thus, annoying.
in fact religon is a really good thing, it makes better, more morally influenced people.
wow im kind of jumping around, but too bad.

I'm tolerant of religion so long as people don't try to force their beliefs on me. Once they cross that line then I don't hesitate to speak my mind. It is however, a good pillar of support for the weak. ;)

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

I find the rampant "do you find religion to be this or that" threads to be annoying ~_~.

Signature
	Image[/img]

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Oh, yes. Religions are annoying.
But not as annoying as their followers.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

I'm a Christian myself,and it's great that people are trying to get their ideas around,but they shouldn't pressure you.God gave us the choice of free will.Some religons can be annoying,(no offense)like Mormons,Buddhismand...I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.But other than that I don't think so.

Kubrickfan

Chief Librarian

OH MY GOD YES, I HATE THOSE EVIL FINATICS! well all the one's in my area. God this Football that, sterotypes these, etc... Religion is just pure crap. Something to confide in is fine, but to worship something that is A) an old text. B)Worships something (No thank you, I'll respect, but not worship.). C) The person of worship is an Non-existent, now that's not to say, if he doesn't he exist he's not real, no it's to say How do we know he's real. oh and to go along with what OYAZI said, Religon is the backbone of those things. Espically through Hollywood.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Yes, all this religious business is starting to irritated me. and it's not the religion itself that's annoying, it's the people who practise it. right now i'm getting really annoyed with some christians. half of my aunts and uncles are christians, and i can't even begin to count how many times they've tried to convert me and my parents.

Quote by kittysan5 I'm a Christian myself,and it's great that people are trying to get their ideas around,but they shouldn't pressure you.God gave us the choice of free will.Some religons can be annoying,(no offense)like Mormons,Buddhismand...I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.But other than that I don't think so.

how interesting. we're the complete opposites. it's Christianity that's annoying to me, no offense. and fyi, i'm a buddhist.

So let me ask this....is it religion that is annoying...or are you guys really asking if christianity is annoying? And if it is the latter how.

Many of you are saying that it is because those who are chrisitian are "pressuring" you to do so or it limits your perspective of the world........I could'nt disagree more with any of that BS.

For starters, what you call "pressure" is not pressure at all. Are these people threatening physical harm to you or those around you if you do not subscribe to a particular belief (beit Christianity or any other). Do they threaten you with economic ruin or claim they will take away you personal freedoms.......I can be confident in saying that in this country at least, that is not the case.

Signature
	Image[/img]

Shinku-sama

*Toxic Waist*

YES!

In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

In itself, religion isn't annoying. Rather it is a 'tool', if you will, that can be used for good or bad purposes. The fanatic people that follow a certain religion make it be annoying.

"many of us know that religion is nothing more that a huge business based of the weak people`s faith, and many of these mans of God are there just to fill their pockets." - Keiichi

True, there seems to be many that fill their pockets from weak minded individuals.
But this is a corruption of religion. Religion is meant to help people, not profit from them.

"i ve seen priests or evangelist pastors bless soldiers and wish them a good carnage in the name of god... example Pat Roberson." - Keiichi

Then this man, Pat Roberson, is not fit to be a priest and is a fool for blessing someone 'good carnage'. This would go against the principles of his religion.
e.g. Thou shall not kill.

"I belive that we would have a better world without religions, nobody should tell you what to belive and how to see the world..." -Keiichi

You could not be more wrong.
Without religion this world would crumble faster than it already is. The Christian bible for instance, with its fairy tales of hell (no offense), keep them from doing 'wrong deeds' by creating the fear to go to hell.

"religions are nothing else than control of the masses." - Keiichi

Well, that is most certainly true...to some extend. But no one ask them to be weak minded fools who believe in anything. e.g. Scientology

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Religion, no. Fanaticism, yes.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

What i mean is fanaticism... when the religion become the center of a person`s life and worst than that, this person push the people around him/her to think in the same way... that is dangerous... specially when people mix religion with politics... and intolerance begin to flow without control...

Then we have politicians banning things like gay marriages and call people to join holly wars... without giving people THE CHOICE OF GIVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS.

For me its ok to belive in one God, its God to share this belives with other people, but the line lies in the fact that WE SHALL RESPECT THE FREE WILL OF PEOPLE... and many religious people forget that, brainwash their followers and push them to do the same with their families and friends.

Signature

angel-type

angel-type

fallen angels

heck yes! i think religion is REALLY ANNOYING. i am part of a religion but i don't go all 'religiose' over it. i frecken hate ppl that do that.......u can't talk to anything or do anything without being told wat christ would do!

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

I'm not sure "annoying" is the right word; "frustrating" might do it.

In any case, religions themselves aren't annoying IMO, but their followers and what they do certainly are. One thing that definitely IS annoying, and angers me to no end, is proselytizing. Proselytizing should be one of those "sins" that they keep talking about. Trying to make people believe something that can never be true is, to quote Gene Ray, stupid and evil.

On a related note, we got one of these proselytizers at our door the other day.
The woman asked, "Don't you believe God created us."
My mom said something along the lines of, "No, I believe in the big bang theory."
The woman said, "You mean evolution?"
My mom changes the subject =P

So the worst part is that you can't even have an intelligent conversation with many of them. -_-;

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

The only ones that annoye me are Christians. No offense to anybody, but i feel like punching them, well, not every Christian is like that, but I had a friend that her family was (you could say) nearly obssed with God. One day (smart me) decided to ask one her aunts about the Ten Commandments and the Seven deadly sins, and instead of explaining me what I wanted she told me that every Japanese cartoon was from the devil, that the more diabolic ones were Pokemon and Digimon, and that Barbie was from the Devil too, and also Harry Potter because he was a wizard. She said that many Christian people didn't hear (what I call) "normal" music becuase they had hidden satanic messages. She even said that gays existed only because satanic rituals were made to make people gay. I really wanted to choke her, and she got me more confused and she freaked me out cause I was really small and innocent. Now I know that only ignorant stupid people can say things like that. You need to be really, but I mean, REALLY stupid to say and believe things like that. They get me pissed off becasue you can't live your life or can't do anything or say anything because everything is wrong.

ORANGE-RANGE

ORANGE-RANGE

~*Edward Elric <3*~

YES! because they come too your door and try and convince you too go all holly with them.its a real pain in the ass

~*Konnichiwa minna-san*~

At times, yes.
I've read a story that featured a young man who was an amazing painter of religious icons. Instead of acknowledging his talent and skill, they merely said it was God guiding his hand and that the boy's talent was irrelevant. I despised this 'high and mighty' attitude they had.

Much of this pitiful world's suffering is due to supposedly following the doctrines of one faith or another. Massacres and other brutality all in the name of one's god. The world would be a better place if there was no religion and only reason and common sense ruled humanity rather than religious zealotry.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I'll say this. In no way, shape, or form do I find religion annoying. I say this by defining true religion as a set of personal beliefs developed by an individual. However, on the other hand religious organizations and "religious" people can be quite annoying.
I will debate religion until the "cows come home" because it is very amusing to see people get so defensive about it. I mean after all if you truly believe then what is there to shake that belief.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by tobiast88Oh, yes. Religions are annoying.
But not as annoying as their followers.

all religions fail, except a theist or Non-God worshipping and divinely inspired religions. Example: Buddhism.

(for all who are ignorant, Buddhism does not worship Buddha, we follow his ways of compassion and tolerance)
Frankly, religions are so full of bloated self comfort.

Why? Adults with imaginary friends are often very very sad in my eyes.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by MnemethI'll say this. In no way, shape, or form do I find religion annoying. I say this by defining true religion as a set of personal beliefs developed by an individual. However, on the other hand religious organizations and "religious" people can be quite annoying.
I will debate religion until the "cows come home" because it is very amusing to see people get so defensive about it. I mean after all if you truly believe then what is there to shake that belief.

Fear that everything you have done is a waste of time and that you will die alone.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.