Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Serpentin

Serpentin

Kimi Sai Ireba!!!

A tiny bit. I do find it annoying when they ask you do you have a religion? of course I say no but in a polite way, and then they start looking at me like I'm the freak of nature. I don't like it when people do that to me, makes me feel rejected.
Rather than telling them I don't like what they're doing to me, I just accept the fact that they're like that and I respect that they're religious but just because Im not doesn't mean I should be judged. I'm a girl of sciences, I don't believe in god or heaven or hell.

I have no problem with peoples religion. I don't even mind them discussing it, like in a normal chat or forum. But the approach by members of religion does annoy me.

Basically, I don't want whatever happens to me after life to affect me while I'm living. And I'm not a fan for the whole "Higher being" thing either. So when someone comes up to me and asks me to join their religion, I do get annoyed. But it's best to say "No, I don't believe in (Religion)" and just politely decline them.
Unless they won't leave you alone, then get the police on them for harassment. XD

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I woudl say it's probably hard for folks to judge the value of religion, unless they have experienced it themselves. Personally, I believe it makes people better, and spiritual development is part of a natural human process. ...Religion simply is a part of that. If it wasn't an important part, folks wouldn't be religious.

I find it annoying when people try to push faith into things that should be more neutral. The bad part, though, is that it may be a part of the religion to 'outreach' to others (e.g. government). Another thing I cant really decide on is how parents *basically* force their offspring into thinking the way they do about religion unless their offspring are influenced otherwise or very freethinking.

I have been raised uber Christian my entire life, but I believe myself to be more of an agnostic atheist. Not for personal reasons, but more logical and philisophical.

MichaelW

MichaelW

Kazuma Ryou

I, myself, find the most disturbing thing about religion to be how easily you get caught in it. I frequently say things like "Damn it" and "for Gods' sake"... even though I have no such christian belief... it's that that really bothers me.

Mostly I just try not to laugh out loud when people are fervent in their beliefs of X god/goddess. To me, it's all a delusion.

Religion (All of them) is a way for manipulating people's ideas, but why should they hide science away from people and why the heck do they make people follow false teachings and precepts? And more important, what's wrong with sex? All religions have something against it.

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

sometimes because it seems that they are always trying to force their ideals on you or that u should do what they interpret to be right[i really can't stand that],or how they think you should live or what you should or shouldnt watch it get ridiculous becuz the only way possible to do all of that junk is become a recluse

Religions are like Communism. Sound good in theory but human nature and realities of the world make them impossible to work effectively in practice.

Lancee, some poisonuos sects do that, but not ALL religions do that. They do not exist to make brainwashing, but to make women and men aware of thier spiritual part, and feed it with FAITH.

SEX? Animals rule their sexual behavior by instintc, encripted in their gene codes.
We humans are sexually active always, we don't have reproduction season, so ANY culture and ANY religion or state will have certain rules for sex. If not, how you would know who your father is?

Seriouslly, imagine not restriction in sex. Sounds like fun, but what will stop somebody to comit sexual arrasement, incest, or have sex with kids? How you'll have (at least the promise of) garantee that your husband or wife is having fun with your best friend?

It's so funny how people on this board are posting how Christians keep knocking on their door wanting to talk about Jesus. I have lived at my residence for 17 years and have not have 1 come to my door wanting to preach about the Bible. Some of you must be doing something wrong to garner all this attention. Secondly if someone of any faith wants to talk about their religion nine times out of ten all you have to say is simply I'm not interested in what you have to say, to get them to stop talking to you. Look there are different types of Christians, the one's that are coming to your house are Evangelists more than likely. Regular Christians usually would discuss their faith either at church or if someone asks about it. If some of you are annoyed with people of religious faith knocking on your door, put a sign up then.

Serpentin

Serpentin

Kimi Sai Ireba!!!

I don't know about that, the people who come up to me something about Jenovah's Witness and other people who are not white blah blah, it's really weird. Yeah, I think it's mean to close the door on someone but I still do it anyway because I can't be bothered.

climbingmonkey

Climbingmonkey

YEP! i have spent 5 years at a religeous school, they really know how to make atheist students!

the greatest acheivment in life is doing what you have been told you cannot do.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I'm not a really a big fan of religions. IMO, they're all just nonsense that started when someone performed a type of "miracle" (later disproven through science).

Signature

Ryoki-san

Ryoki-san

multum in parvo-ore no ichiru

reiligion is only anoying when people force it upon you other wise i dont really care i dont necesarrily have a religion of my own i kinda dont like the whole aspect of someone noing everything about you orany of that stuff

Signature
dont cut off your own arm just to spite me
sig frm saku

I find the mormons annoying........they always knock on my door and try to convert me........

Quote by PhoegonReligions are like Communism. Sound good in theory but human nature and realities of the world make them impossible to work effectively in practice.

...except religion doesn't sound good in theory.

Not at all.

Quote by kittysan5I'm a Christian myself,and it's great that people are trying to get their ideas around,but they shouldn't pressure you.God gave us the choice of free will.Some religons can be annoying,(no offense)like Mormons,Buddhismand...I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.But other than that I don't think so.

*sigh* >_>

shahffx

shahffx

cool

I find religions annoying, what has religions done for the world, all it has done is bring war to the world.

Signature

Religions are not annoying and if people talk a lot about Jesus Christ and God then they have them in their hearts and love them. But people should not be convinced to follow God thats why you should always be asked if you would like to hear what they have to say. But no one tries to convert by force they just want you to feel the happiness they fell when you have God in your heart so you can feel the same way but not to control you because you can choose and no one is forcing you but god always finds a way to touch you but it is up to you if you want to be his follower.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I guess that I consider myself a Buddist and personally, I don't find religons annoying, unless it's literally your life, where you don't think about anything else besides their gods. I mean, it's incorporated into what you do, but you don't consiously think about it all the time. I don't missionaries for this reason but I do think it's nice to think that you have someplace to go after you die, or in my case, get reincarnated.

Why can't everyone make life easier by simply becoming atheists? Oh, but no, we have to have a God to guide us, do we really need a guide who never appears in front of us?

I think it's like seeking help from a stranger a group of people claim will help. They say we study history so we can prevent repeating past mistakes, how many times in history has religion caused feud between people?

Ever heard of the Children's Crusade?, now don't tell me that wasn't stupid (im not lauging at it because it was also very sad); this kid claimed to get a letter from God and and then look what happened...When I was younger I used to be religious, but then I realized there's no solid evidence that there is a God, just from people who claim there is.

I sometimes find religion annoying, especially when my parents give me their "where did we go wrong?" impressions, I just can't understand why people can't just go on with their lives and act to try to make it better for themselves instead of having this "faith."

Oh, and this is my opinion, I respect yours and you respect mine, I do not hate any religious people as a person. This is a touchy topic, kind of dangerous expressing opinion...haha

HELL YES religion is annoying, why you ask?

people always shoving it down your throat... <_< i don't necessarily have 1 of my own

You, sir, have successfully managed to rape the entire English language with one sentence. Congratulations.

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

Sometimes, when the follower of the religion turns himself into some kind of mindless fanatic that does only what others tell him to do.

And obviously those religions that attempts against human integrity and such, but as far as I know there is no such religion "patented".

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.