Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Quote by Devildude

Quote by tobiast88Oh, yes. Religions are annoying.
But not as annoying as their followers.

all religions fail, except a theist or Non-God worshipping and divinely inspired religions. Example: Buddhism.

(for all who are ignorant, Buddhism does not worship Buddha, we follow his ways of compassion and tolerance)
Frankly, religions are so full of bloated self comfort.

Why? Adults with imaginary friends are often very very sad in my eyes.

very true, very true.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

i find my religion anything but annoying.its wonderful to understand things other people do not.Religion shouldnt be annoying and if it,then most likely your not a religious person.But once you reach a certain stage in religion, it becomes warming to hear and even a life changing experience(in a good way).

merged: 07-14-2007 ~ 11:19pm

Quote by DrakenImmortalAt times, yes.
I've read a story that featured a young man who was an amazing painter of religious icons. Instead of acknowledging his talent and skill, they merely said it was God guiding his hand and that the boy's talent was irrelevant. I despised this 'high and mighty' attitude they had.

Much of this pitiful world's suffering is due to supposedly following the doctrines of one faith or another. Massacres and other brutality all in the name of one's god. The world would be a better place if there was no religion and only reason and common sense ruled humanity rather than religious zealotry.

will your stop spreading you nonsense?for the last time,religion isnt the problem,its the people who believe in it who are. If a group of buddists and a group of atheists go on an all-out war, then its not God who did it and neither the religions, but the people who feel so strongly about it that they need to punish people who dont listen.Religion doesnt start any wars...we do.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

^ Quit reviving ancient threads! X-O

But the thing is, you know... religion itself may not be capable of starting wars, but people start wars based on religion. Without religion, there would be less wars.

But then again, human society without religion, or at least some sort of spiritual belief, is completely infeasible. So, hey.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Faffy09

Faffy09

Flyin with tha fishes!

Well, in my opinion, religion is annoying. I myself think that there is most likley nothing out there
that created us but if there is, im not gonna go and worship it. I dont like religion because all churches are
hypocrites. they all say that they dont care what religion u are and that they wont discriminate against
u 4ur beliefs, but when i finally told my friends about what i believed they tried to make me "believe".
and when i wouldnt, they just kept on and on. i dont speak to them anymore.
I dont care what peoples religions are and they shouldnt care about what mine(or lack there of) is either.
Just as long as we are good people with good intention in our hearts.

If anyone cares to discuss this further with me, feel free to come by my page and ask!
L8er

Today we'll break all the rules and be COLORFUL!

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

Apparently, you haven't really lived in multi-racial countries. I come from one, which is Malaysia.
In my opinion, religion is just a slight difference (like the colour of your hair...etc) and is anything but annoying.
People need to have something to believe in. And if all else fails, at least they have religion with them.
Just because religion isn't all that scientifically proven, you shouldn't think that it's some concept that should be brushed away. Time is an unproven concept, but people still count the minutes. If you say that it's because it's important, then isn't religion the same?
Of course, for those who watched Scrapped Princess, Shannon Casull once said "You shouldn't crush the belief of others just because you don't believe in it,"
And there's also 'Treat others the way you'd like to be treated' from the Koran/al-Quran. (I'm of Chinese decent, btw. And aethist)
So people can do what they want. Say about what they want about their religion. But for one thing, one shouldn't try to claim that religion is pointless. (because that really, really hurts)

Oh yeah, religion may not be the basis to start war. Without religion there MIGHT be no wars. But people still war over land, money, oil and all the other nonsense the materialistic world wants. It's not because of differences that people war. it's because greed is one heck of a human nature we cannot remove.

(and Buddhism is actually a teaching, not a religion. you can ask 'em who study Buddhism.)

Hence, basically. There is nothing wrong with religion. But there's something wrong with people.

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by m1dianHELL YES religion is annoying, why you ask?

people always shoving it down your throat... <_< i don't necessarily have 1 of my own

most of the time people suggest it,not shove it down your throat.if the people you know are doing that, then they are going a little overboard.

Quote: most of the time people suggest it,not shove it down your throat.if the people you know are doing that, then they are going a little overboard.

*cough* mormans *cough*

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Yes, religions tell you how to do 'this and that', but most of that 'this and that' are good things. I don't believe in God and have always been annoyed to get into the religion, but I just...don't. However, I don't think of religions as a bad thing. Religion, to me, is like added laws that you choose to have. Just choose your religion. Christianity is telling people to do the right thing, don't kill, don't commit adultery, ladida, but I don't believe some guy created us all from nothing. (But if he did, I would not consider him a good man. He is too much of a perfectionist and kills with use of a flood to get things his way >.>; PLEASE DON'T ARGUE TO ME ABOUT THAT PART.)

So, I believe religions are good to the fact they teach you moral things; I just don't believe in the 'God' behind it.

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

As long as they don't force their beliefs on me or bring their beliefs into everything, I can tolerate them

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: most of the time people suggest it,not shove it down your throat.if the people you know are doing that, then they are going a little overboard.

*cough* mormans *cough*

well isnt it a relief that im not a mormon ^_^'

merged: 07-15-2007 ~ 05:23pm

Quote by keichihiruYes, religions tell you how to do 'this and that', but most of that 'this and that' are good things. I don't believe in God and have always been annoyed to get into the religion, but I just...don't. However, I don't think of religions as a bad thing. Religion, to me, is like added laws that you choose to have. Just choose your religion. Christianity is telling people to do the right thing, don't kill, don't commit adultery, ladida, but I don't believe some guy created us all from nothing. (But if he did, I would not consider him a good man. He is too much of a perfectionist and kills with use of a flood to get things his way >.>; PLEASE DON'T ARGUE TO ME ABOUT THAT PART.)

So, I believe religions are good to the fact they teach you moral things; I just don't believe in the 'God' behind it.

why do you even consider His rules when you dont even admit his existence?if you said good morales,then you wanna know who gave people their overall good morales about not killing,ect?God.

"God created man, but man created religion" am i right to say that?

what if religion is a tool created to control people?

how sure can we be that the words comming out from the mouth of a man, be as what as he claim to be, the "words of God?" (i mean, humans are capable of lying and cheating right?)

and no, i don't find religion annoying, its the "religious" people that tries to force you into their religion and call you blasphemous if you ever question them (in other words, they are expecting you blindly believe whatever they say about God) that are the annoying..

luckily, there arn't that many of them around.. its just that they are so loud that they seem to be everywhere...

In words of Jonathan Davis "I'm just not into organized religion. Catholics, Christians, Muslims, Jews - they can all go to fucking hell. The're ridiculous. Everybody needs something they can put their faith in, but I can't believe people are so naive not to see that every war and every conflict We've ever had on this planet is because of religion. People are stupid."

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by HeartlessLordOfDarknessIn words of Jonathan Davis "I'm just not into organized religion. Catholics, Christians, Muslims, Jews - they can all go to fucking hell. The're ridiculous. Everybody needs something they can put their faith in, but I can't believe people are so naive not to see that every war and every conflict We've ever had on this planet is because of religion. People are stupid."

Omhy gosh.Ive said this too many times already.Let me tell that religion doesnt cause war.people do.I dont see why you are so confused by that statement.People are the ones who use religion to fight.God doesnt want his religion used to start wars,ok?We start wars,and if i hear you say that religion starts wars again then you clearly dont understand the basic facts of life.God bless you all!

merged: 07-15-2007 ~ 10:44pm

Quote by xiaodick"God created man, but man created religion" am i right to say that?

how sure can we be that the words comming out from the mouth of a man, be as what as he claim to be, the "words of God?" (i mean, humans are capable of lying and cheating right?)

and no, i don't find religion annoying, its the "religious" people that tries to force you into their religion and call you blasphemous if you ever question them (in other words, they are expecting you blindly believe whatever they say about God) that are the annoying..

luckily, there arn't that many of them around.. its just that they are so loud that they seem to be everywhere...

and here we go with the doubtful person again.why do you always insist that people are lying and cheating all the time?you really think that some guy lied about salvation and wrote hundreds of pages of nonsense?if you say yes, then you full of nonsense because you need to realize that everything you see isnt what it is like in 2007.Just because your best friend lies to you sometimes or your parents dont speak the truth all the time doesnt mean that the bible is fake.you need to keep an open mind and at least think it over before you come up with a lousy conclusion like that.

Quote by kingray100

Quote by HeartlessLordOfDar(...) words of Jonathan Davis "I'm just not into organized religion. Catholics, Christians, Muslims, Jews - they can all go to fucking hell. The're ridiculous. Everybody needs something they can put their faith in, but I can't believe people are so naive not to see that every war and every conflict We've ever had on this planet is because of religion. People are stupid."[/quoteOmhy gosh.Ive said this too many times already.Let me tell that religion doesnt cause war.people do.I dont see why you are so confused by that statement.People are the ones who use religion to fight.God doesnt want his religion used to start wars,ok?We start wars,and if i hear you say that religion starts wars again then you clearly dont understand the basic facts of life.God bless you all!

Quote by xiaodick"God created man, but man created religion" am i right to say that?

and here we go with the doubtful person again.why do you always insist that people are lying and cheating all the time?you really think that some guy lied about salvation and wrote hundreds of pages of nonsense?if you say yes, then you full of nonsense because you need to realize that everything you see isnt what it is like in 2007.Just because your best friend lies to you sometimes or your parents dont speak the truth all the time doesnt mean that the bible is fake.you need to keep an open mind and at least think it over before you come up with a lousy conclusion like that.

I respect your belives, but i have always seen religion as an instrument of control, its just about power and probably along with politics, its the filthiest thing on earth ever created by the men.

Cristianism, Islam, Buddhism, whatever religion, maybe at the begining started as a good idea, a way to teach people how to improve their lives... but as time goes by, religions no matter what, turn out themselves into dictatorships based on the faith of the weak and the ignorant. Yeap... its truth... cristianism is now, as the islam, a pretext for a bunch of wackos to blow up people and start wars. It is like this now, it was like this in the past... all the religions have their hands full of blood.

Signature

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by Keiichi

Quote by kingray100

Quote by Hea(...) words of Jonathan Davis "I'm just not into organized religion. Catholics, Christians, Muslims, Jews - they can all go to fucking hell. The're ridiculous. Everybody needs something they can put their faith in, but I can't believe people are so naive not to see that every war and every conflict We've ever had on this planet is because of religion. People are stupid."[/quoteOmhy gosh.Ive said this too many times already.Let me tell that religion doesnt cause war.people do.I dont see why you are so confused by that statement.People are the ones who use religion to fight.God doesnt want his religion used to start wars,ok?We start wars,and if i hear you say that religion starts wars again then you clearly dont understand the basic facts of life.God bless you all!

I respect your belives, but i have always seen religion as an instrument of control, its just about power and probably along with politics, its the filthiest thing on earth ever created by the men.

Cristianism, Islam, Buddhism, whatever religion, maybe at the begining started as a good idea, a way to teach people how to improve their lives... but as time goes by, religions no matter what, turn out themselves into dictatorships based on the faith of the weak and the ignorant. Yeap... its truth... cristianism is now, as the islam, a pretext for a bunch of wackos to blow up people and start wars. It is like this now, it was like this in the past... all the religions have their hands full of blood.

How is religion a control weapon?its not like churches are gonna make armies and dispose of anyone that doesnt agree!and its not about power and politics,its about saving people for the afterlife and thanking the person who died for their sins.I dont want you to involve Christianity in dictatorships because so far in history there hasnt been anything close to a dictatorship,for one.Next, the filthiest thing created by man is the doubt of their savior.I dont know where you live in but Christianity is only for improving lives in a positive way and saving them for the afterlife.if you think differently,then you need to go back to church and learn the meaning behind religion.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

As a matter of fact, yes I do find religion annoying. Not that it is unnecessary, it's just annoying to me, especially when a person tries to force their religions down your throat by saying things like 'You'll go to Hell if you don't follow my religion!'. The way I see it, religion is initially suppose to be a good thing, but their followers have taken things way too far. Take for example, some crazy fanatics are starting wars and blaming it on their religion.

Very much so.
Those who are so immersed in their faith that they believe that there is a religious solution to everything
the type who will listen to someone's problem and just tell them 'pray more'
I think it was Marx or Lenin that said religion is the crutch of society. (don't worry, not a communist, just an interesting quote ^_^)
We need to stop crippling ourselves with thoughts of what God would or wouldn't like and live for ourselves and those we care for, not some existential ideal that is probably an emplty delusion to begin with

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DrakenImmortalVery much so.
Those who are so immersed in their faith that they believe that there is a religious solution to everything
the type who will listen to someone's problem and just tell them 'pray more'
I think it was Marx or Lenin that said religion is the crutch of society. (don't worry, not a communist, just an interesting quote ^_^)
We need to stop crippling ourselves with thoughts of what God would or wouldn't like and live for ourselves and those we care for, not some existential ideal that is probably an emplty delusion to begin with

but some people like what God would do, and everything he would do is known to be the right thing to do,for example not killing or commiting adultery.

Quote by kingray100and here we go with the doubtful person again.why do you always insist that people are lying and cheating all the time?you really think that some guy lied about salvation and wrote hundreds of pages of nonsense?if you say yes, then you full of nonsense because you need to realize that everything you see isnt what it is like in 2007.Just because your best friend lies to you sometimes or your parents dont speak the truth all the time doesnt mean that the bible is fake.you need to keep an open mind and at least think it over before you come up with a lousy conclusion like that.

I sincerely apologize that my poor english has led you to misunderstand my post, so poor that you thought that it was a conclusion, or that it concluded my view on religion in general.

I'm not insisting that people are lying and cheating all the time, I'm just literally stating the obvious fact that humans have the ability to lie and cheat.

Maybe I have used the "what if" incorrectly, I was just trying to say that I do not rule out the possibility that it could be a form of human manipulation. Just to let you know how I use "what if'', for example, if I said that "what if the bible is fake?" it would be equivelant to me saying that "what if the bible is true?"

And no, I wasn't trying to say that the Bible is fake. I was wondering whether the 'Bibles' I see today in 2007 are similar to the original Bible. Similar as in its contents. And I don't think I had mentioned anything about the people who wrote the original Bible.

And being a doubtful person, I wouldn't be able to take absolute stances like "people are lying and cheating all the time" and "the bible is fake" since when I think that someone is lying, I would have this doubt that he may be telling the truth.

And lastly, to be more specific on the religious people who I find annoying,
- they are people among religious people (and I believe that they are only a small group among the religious people)
- they would come up to you and say things like "the bible is true, join our church"
- and they would say that you are stubborn, shallow, blasphemous if you asked them why
- they would also tell you things like the chinese mediums are cheats
- while they also tell you that it is a sin and you would go to hell if you question the bible

and only a few out of the religious people that came up to me are like that.. the majority of them tried to clear my doubts on Christianity

and as the title of this thread implies, it said "religions" so I am not just talking about Christianity alone, it happens that the religious people I mentioned are Christians because, so far, only Christians have asked me to join them.

I hope you could understand this.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by xiaodick

Quote by kingray100and here we go with the doubtful person again.why do you always insist that people are lying and cheating all the time?you really think that some guy lied about salvation and wrote hundreds of pages of nonsense?if you say yes, then you full of nonsense because you need to realize that everything you see isnt what it is like in 2007.Just because your best friend lies to you sometimes or your parents dont speak the truth all the time doesnt mean that the bible is fake.you need to keep an open mind and at least think it over before you come up with a lousy conclusion like that.

I sincerely apologize that my poor english has led you to misunderstand my post, so poor that you thought that it was a conclusion, or that it concluded my view on religion in general.

I'm not insisting that people are lying and cheating all the time, I'm just literally stating the obvious fact that humans have the ability to lie and cheat.

Maybe I have used the "what if" incorrectly, I was just trying to say that I do not rule out the possibility that it could be a form of human manipulation. Just to let you know how I use "what if'', for example, if I said that "what if the bible is fake?" it would be equivelant to me saying that "what if the bible is true?"

And no, I wasn't trying to say that the Bible is fake. I was wondering whether the 'Bibles' I see today in 2007 are similar to the original Bible. Similar as in its contents. And I don't think I had mentioned anything about the people who wrote the original Bible.

And being a doubtful person, I wouldn't be able to take absolute stances like "people are lying and cheating all the time" and "the bible is fake" since when I think that someone is lying, I would have this doubt that he may be telling the truth.

And lastly, to be more specific on the religious people who I find annoying,
- they are people among religious people (and I believe that they are only a small group among the religious people)
- they would come up to you and say things like "the bible is true, join our church"
- and they would say that you are stubborn, shallow, blasphemous if you asked them why
- they would also tell you things like the chinese mediums are cheats
- while they also tell you that it is a sin and you would go to hell if you question the bible

and only a few out of the religious people that came up to me are like that.. the majority of them tried to clear my doubts on Christianity

and as the title of this thread implies, it said "religions" so I am not just talking about Christianity alone, it happens that the religious people I mentioned are Christians because, so far, only Christians have asked me to join them.

I hope you could understand this.

i just got back from a small vacation so i dont have time to answer your thoughts,but i will say is that if religious people are trying to clear your doubts of the religion,then how is that considered bad in anyway?just wondering

Quote by kingray100i just got back from a small vacation so i dont have time to answer your thoughts,but i will say is that if religious people are trying to clear your doubts of the religion,then how is that considered bad in anyway?just wondering

no, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people spreading their faith is a bad thing nor are they annoying..
the annoying ones are the ones who gives you answers like "could you stop being so narrow minded" and "how could you say the bible is fake?" when I asked them why, just a single word "why?". And they didn't tell you anything about Christianity, they just tell you to become a christian and join their church..

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by xiaodick

Quote by kingray100i just got back from a small vacation so i dont have time to answer your thoughts,but i will say is that if religious people are trying to clear your doubts of the religion,then how is that considered bad in anyway?just wondering

no, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people spreading their faith is a bad thing nor are they annoying..
the annoying ones are the ones who gives you answers like "could you stop being so narrow minded" and "how could you say the bible is fake?" when I asked them why, just a single word "why?". And they didn't tell you anything about Christianity, they just tell you to become a christian and join their church..

then i would be more than happy to answer all your questions to the best of my ability for you if you pm me.maybe instead of telling you to join a church, i can answer your unanswered questions.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

well, why did u juzt say something like those 'why' 'why' n 'why' ?
bcoz u're the annoying one

bcoz the Bibble says if 'how can u keep asking without believe Him?' if u cant believe Him, how can u understand His job? u wont find the answer! n He wont answer u..

going to church is relative, i mean, i believe God but i dont go to church. bcoz u can pray n praise the Lord everywhere, why must church? i'm too lazy to go, actually, but it's better than people who go there but only for standing, pray but blinds in their minds. church is just a building, so that we who believe Him can pray together, n sharing.

Dun ever say if ur religions are annoying..
sst! God knows it n he'll send u to the Hell
bcoz He wants u to believe Him, that's all!
if it's happened, at the end of His plans, he'll save ur life , n bad things gone good things.

Signature

Religion has always been a good brainwashing tool, keeps people from becoming too inquisitive saying your a horrible person for doubting the bible, which is supposedly gods word. People like Galileo were punished for scientific research that contradicted the churches beliefs. Done a great job in keeping people nieve and letting the head of the church become all powerfull, had even more power than kings. The church helped scare people to be law abiding people, nothing wrong with order, but it was abused and tithed everyone even in hard times. Even now it is used to influence peoples decisions in elections. Religion had been a like a training wheel, it helped when people were more nieve, but now people are more intelligent and it is just slowing down progress. why now throw it away and let peoples knowledge grow and let them make their own decisions.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.