Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

religion is God's creation
hopes n clues fo' better lifes

Signature

Religion was created by man and does not explain the world. It might give a few nice morals, but im surprised women like it as they are seen as property in the bible. If your wife was kidnapped, it would be considered theft. I dont think that the way women are depicted in that book is acceptable.

In my opinion religions aren't annoying...some people in those religions are annoying. I'm a Christian, but I hate it when anyone from any religion trys to force their religion on someone else. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to be. I hate it when fellow Christians bash on me when I say it's ok to believe in another religion or no religion at all.

Rejection=Depression

Well, I dont know about that. Jehovah's witnesses would rather die than have blood transfusions. I recently heard about a mother who wouldnt let her new born children have blood transfusions so the government eventually had to take the children away. Evangelical christians believe that the people in the middle east are evil and are the majority of the people fighting in Iraq. And christians are hoping for an apocalypes, some even helping and hoping global warming will bring the end of the world. Im all for everyone being able to choose what they want to believe in, but when it threatens knowledge or life, then we must take a stand against it to ensure that these are protected. Not wiping out the religion of course, but making sure they know it is not acceptable if they try to endanger either of the two.

shikigami

shikigami

~chinjun no kami~

for me the religion isn't annoying but the people that usually annoying

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

yeah, the people who dun want to listen God's words r annoying

Signature

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by priincessyeah, the people who dun want to listen God's words r annoying

You know...you are more annoying...

People like you too...

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

I'm an atheist (and, I swear, the most annoying atheist you will ever meet).

I treat the central dogma of various religions either as really inspiring - and sometimes uplifting - philosophy (as is the case with most branches of Christianity, Sufism, and Buddhism) or reallly annoying hindrances to understanding (as with the most radical branches of Islam and Christianity).

Religion is useless without people professing it, so it is those people - or the persistent, dogmatic among them - who are really irritating.

(I remember one day when 17 groups of people, all belonging to the Jehovah's Witnesses, visited our house. At first I was the "little angel" - they called me so - listening to every bit of their talk till I could not stand it and promptly swore at them. They evaporated in a few seconds.)

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

wellll -_-'
those atheists cant believe their religions..
why, why?
there r God's words, proofs, n witnesses, but why u cant trust God?
is it bcoz those stories r in the past n u dun kno the truth yet?
i must say that people at that time wrote those incidents in papers. n if it's a lie, why religions r be made? n why they must write stories in the bible, alquran, etc- in millions pages n the details also? if it's not a truth, the people at that time wont believe in God, too, like u all

Signature

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by priincesswellll -_-'
those atheists cant believe their religions..
why, why?
there r God's words, proofs, n witnesses, but why u cant trust God?
is it bcoz those stories r in the past n u dun kno the truth yet?
i must say that people at that time wrote those incidents in papers. n if it's a lie, why religions r be made? n why they must write stories in the bible, alquran, etc- in millions pages n the details also? if it's not a truth, the people at that time wont believe in God, too, like u all

They believe it because they want answer...to life...or death...

Well, the thing is that don't you consider that how limited the thoughts of the ancient people be...especially think that science was not really develop to say how we are here...how things were here...what happen after we die...or those stuff...

They don't know the answer...so they create an answer: god(s)...and they believe it...not different from something like Gollum...lie to himself...and believe it...so strongly...

Try think more why most religions are invented in the past and you'll understand why it was there...

And that...think...Buddhism is strange here because it don't believe in god...even it was invented before Christianity...strange? Or that they think beyond the higher being stuff?

Quote by marfish14Religion has always been a good brainwashing tool, keeps people from becoming too inquisitive saying your a horrible person for doubting the bible, which is supposedly gods word. People like Galileo were punished for scientific research that contradicted the churches beliefs. Done a great job in keeping people nieve and letting the head of the church become all powerfull, had even more power than kings. The church helped scare people to be law abiding people, nothing wrong with order, but it was abused and tithed everyone even in hard times. Even now it is used to influence peoples decisions in elections. Religion had been a like a training wheel, it helped when people were more nieve, but now people are more intelligent and it is just slowing down progress. why now throw it away and let peoples knowledge grow and let them make their own decisions.

Damn true...

But...for power stuff...don't you think that the church itself is playing politics?

Funny for religious institute to do...or they just can't escape from their human nature: they want power...

It can be what like you said: brainwashing tool...

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

baka ne~
they create answers by the details of God's life n His helps?
u're nonsense

'They don't know the answer...so they create an answer: god(s)...and they believe it...not different from something like Gollum...lie to himself...and believe it...so strongly... '
omg u said that?!

i know my religion is rite n im happy with it.
i had those bad things happened to me-sucide was my plan at that time- but i know it's His plan so that i can know Him more.
n it's true, now He save me n now i read the bible evryday, help other lost people n im so enjoying my life now >.<
HAPPIER THAN U I THINK!

merged: 09-09-2007 ~ 09:47pm
i wanna share something:
my religion teacher was a bad guy. He loved sex n naughty at that time. his parents n families hate him so much n his brother almost wanted to kill him at that time. one of his friend asked him to go to youth camp-place for christians to sharing n live together in days. He wanted to go bcoz his friend told him that there would be beautiful girls. at that time, he heard bout God n evrything n it was like God whispered something to him. he was crying loudly n he missed God at that time, it's like desire of God. after that, he started to read bible evryday like addicted with it.
his parents hate that n they almost wanted him to get out of his house. then He went to university with no money, he said 'God will help me' to his lecturer. n He did. n when he had typhus he didnt go to a doctor, bcoz he didnt hav money. he only got some headche pills then prayed. the next day he's healthy, the typhus was vanished. n he often to did it-praying- now he's happy n God saves his life. he has a child n live happily. his brother keep askin bout his opinions n his mother regret bcoz she had left him. he ever saved someone's life- he prayed to a sick man, then the man was healthy, n he turned to become a christian.
see, God will help us if we trust Him 100%.
Luke 18:29 'so He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30"Who shall not recieve many times more in this present time, and the age to come eternal life."

merged: 09-09-2007 ~ 09:53pm
Luke 14:26=
"if anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my diciple."
it means that we've to ready by all of those, n if that thing happened but we trust him, He'll save u n recieve many times more in this present time, and the age to come eternal life. u know, it's written in da bible, that u must love God more than u love ur families, bcoz ur parents' kindness n evrything were given from God

Signature

Oh yes, I must agree with onyhow. People are thought to have come up with religion since we became intelligent enough to understand death, which lead to a thought of an afterlife to help them cope. And I must strongly disagree with you that because someone constantly has sex, doesnt make them evil. It has been instinct for people to have sex as in times when humans werent as intelligent, it was ment to keep the human race going. What would have happened if the people were to have only one mate? We would have died out long ago.

If you ask ME, religions are nothing more than a fancy words for "Dictatorship."

beyondmeasure

Quote by VegnasIf you ask ME, religions are nothing more than a fancy words for "Dictatorship."

I find that oversimplistic, Vegnas.

Religion is not some fancy word for dictatorship, as you say, but a collection and culmination of philosophies over time.

Let us not forgeet that each and every religion has an origin, and that, among other factors, should be taken into account when talking about religions.

So no reading The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, OK?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

if we dont have second life-eternal life- or heaven n hell, it means our lifes r useless, we just eat work then die. Something or someone were made for something.

actually if they dont have proofs, many people who believe in God also hesitate Him. but those witnesses who say that they were safed by God, make many christians become to trust God more n more, n those arent false witnesses bcoz if they r, no one can become to trust Him.

so for all atheists, do u want another testimonies? ;)

Signature

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Quote by priincessif we dont have second life-eternal life- or heaven n hell, it means our lifes r useless, we just eat work then die. Something or someone were made for something.

To state that someone lives without purpose due to the lack of a "God" or "afterlife" is at best a misconception. Humans, like animals live to breed, populate and survive. We engage in pleasurable activities, love our friends and families as well as try to make our own way in the world and understand it.

Humans don't need some kind of "divine purpose" to continue on, they simply make reasons to continue their existence. It is the very thought of existence which enthralls them and draws them to greater heights: Man is a living being and therefore must love life.

Quote by priincessactually if they dont have proofs, many people who believe in God also hesitate Him. but those witnesses who say that they were safed by God, make many christians become to trust God more n more, n those arent false witnesses bcoz if they r, no one can become to trust Him.

so for all atheists, do u want another testimonies? ;)

The problem with humans is that one can never truly tell if they are lying or not. You are inherently untrustworthy to me regarding your statement above on the so called "Witnesses of God" due to your religious and Christian bias.

Religion can be infuriating and should be done away with altogether. I despise those who justify, or try to solve everything, with their faith. (Say you talk to a friend and all he tells you is "pray more"....yeah, thanks for the help you fanatical %*(#&#$(#!) What help is that? I'll never try and interfere with one's belief system, but if one's zealotry gets out of hand, then they must be restrained and shown that their precious religious views aren't as relevant as they think they are.

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by priincessbaka ne~
u're nonsense

'They don't know the answer...so they create an answer: god(s)...and they believe it...not different from something like Gollum...lie to himself...and believe it...so strongly... '
omg u said that?!

i had those bad things happened to me-sucide was my plan at that time- but i know it's His plan so that i can know Him more.
n it's true, now He save me n now i read the bible evryday, help other lost people n im so enjoying my life now
HAPPIER THAN U I THINK!

How do you know I'm not happy anyway?

I'm happy to think that there's no god...

Oh...and about creating answer...Salem witch trial was an example other than religions....

Quote: if we dont have second life-eternal life- or heaven n hell, it means our lifes r useless, we just eat work then die. Something or someone were made for something.

Quote: baka ne~
u're nonsense

omg u said that?!

n it's true, now He save me n now i read the bible evryday, help other lost people n im so enjoying my life now
HAPPIER THAN U I THINK!

The answers should be obvious. Man can rely on himself. Man can train his mind to right thinking, not because thereby he will be saved by a righteous God, but because right thinking will lead him on to the path of final liberation from suffering, which consists of right moral conduct, right meditation and right wisdom.

Any religion that says man is useless in the absence of God means that the religion is looking down on man. It is better to have a religion that looks up to you rather than down to you, treat you as an adult rather than a child, not demand and command, but patiently teach and instruct what practically amounts to the same thing. Man has potential to rise out of his own darkness on his own strength. There is no need for God to look down on that potential under the pretext of "God's tests".

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

as i said, He just wants us to show our love for Him, bcoz He's the one who creates all of u.

Luke 6: 33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to recieve back, what credit is that to you? fFor even sinners lend to sinners to recieve as much back. 35"But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your rewrad will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil."
Luke 12:21= "So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God"

we know that our parents r our real parents, but we dun have to prove it. same as God, must u asking for proofs?
ur parents give u evrything u need without asking for gifts, but just ur love, moreover God who have the biggest love. God give all u need by ur parents' hands, thats how He helps us, he doesnt have to show Himself n giving gifts lika a santa. but still, u dont want to suffer for Him, like how hard ur parents work for ur life. humans r so egoistic.

Signature

Do you agree that god is omniscient? Then you must agree that god knows what we are going to do before we do it. So he knew who was going to love him before he ever concieved the universe. Why does it not seem unfair to people that he should create the devil and then throw people into hell when he knew they were going there anyway? He created people knowing that many were going to suffer in hell for eternity. And why should he even care what we do? He chose out our actions out long ago, so why should he care to watch us do what he made us do? Perhaps he has made some sort of apocalypes waiting for us in the near future to watch us suffer, dwindle, and die. I'm sure that would be worthy of his amusement.

beyondmeasure

To priincess:

Taking note of your quotations, I suppose you're a God-loving Christian - a monotheist. Then, it will be my personal (and enthusiastic) duty to demolish your infantile faith on a monotheistic sham.

1. If there is an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and all-benevolent God, then evil should not exist, for all-benevolent beings hate evil, and he would have taken care of that Christian personification of evil, Satan, a long time ago, immedeately, and completely, without leaving a trace.

Why is there evil then?

The most logical premise is to concede that God does not exist, or he might exist, but cannot be both omnipotent and all-benevolent.

2. If there is an omnipotent God, then suppose, could he create a stone which he cannot lift?

If he could, then he is not omnipotent.

If he could not - how could you, or anyone else, for that matter, believe that that God is omnipotent?

3. If there is a God, and God revealed it to, say, some prophet, giving him some laws and dogma, etc, then, what can you say about another prophet who claims divine inspiration but whose teachings are totally inconsistent with your own?

Priincess:

Yes I need proof of god's existence. I have never seen god or anything godlike or something, so I do not know whether god exists or not. If god does exist, then god is not interested in this universe.

I dislike when people try to preach the teaching of a religion or other. I do not believe in any religion or otherwise and feel that a lot of things that religions teach are totally wrong for our time. Religions remain stagnant and do not change because of their total belief in what is written in the "sacred books". Look at any religion and see that it is the same as in the past with the same exact teachings. And most religions do not tolerate different opinions.

And people have created wars and disgusting crimes in the name of god, because of religions.

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

I have no idea what to say or what to think.I ve thought for some time that religion is ...well not necessarily useless or brainwashing or for the weak but just something else ...can t think of a right word.When religious people say that you are stubborn, shallow, blasphemous if you asked them why ,now I m starting to think that maybe I am like that .What if they re right?I m really confused and need help.(it s because of this that I ve been feeling very depressed lately).Or is it that I m brainwashed myself?I don t know what to think.It s really confusing.I used to think and still think that religion is ...well it makes u think stupid sometimes.I don t see what has religion got to do with science or politics.Still I m really confused.I m Christian but I don t believe in that god everyone believes in.Rather I have my own god that s sort of a combination of all the good things I want a god to have.Like smiling(Jesus or the other saints are not smiling.It s uncomfortable.I feel like he s got total control over me and I don t want that.If he would smile I d feel better and I would gladly trust him or her?whatever it is...hmm maybe it s a rock),or not forcing me to to something by the use of fear.I d like to do good stuff because I have common sense,not because I m afraid of the afterlife or that god will punish me.I don t want punishing,I hate that,I just want to learn things for myself or be aware of them by myself.And definitely I don t want to worship anyone.I m not a fanatic or something like that.The Christian god has killed for various reasons(or so it is toled in the bible)and I don t like that.I don t even like that fact that in the past they had to make animal sacrifices for him.What?Does he feel the need to be worshiped or something?Can t he be modest?Or do the animal sacrifices made him feel good?

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.