Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

cerealjoe

cerealjoe

The day we caught the train...

I only find religions annoying when people try to convert you no matter what.

But honestly, everyone's got their own religion even the people who are sure to be atheists, that's their religion. And if mankind has had religions since the dawn of day, well maybe there is a reason for it.

Signature Image
What do you call a girl with a rifle in a corn field? A cereal killer.
In TARTIFLETTE we trust!

hmm, you might actually call religion a science. Take the god Thor for isntance, the god of thunder, made to explane lightning. All gods have been made to explain what man could not comprehend. What religion is, is a primitive form of science that have been held because of the fear they instill in people. Anything that explains the world around you is a science. Religion is a worship of something, so science isnt exactly under that catagory. Religion is, however, still classifiable by science. At least a primitive form of it anyway. Yes, can be if people are trying to convert you. If they keep to themselves, Im fine with it.

Ermac

Ermac

Raider

I am usually very tolerant of religion, but if I find someone trying to convert me/push their religion on me/tell me my way of living life is wrong, well, they well get a few of my fav choice words.

For love....nah....just ecchi.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I don't find religion annoying. I find people annoying, especially fanatics who believe that anyone who doesn't believe exactly the way that they do... you'll go to Hell or some other horrible place after you die.

Religions are cultural experiences as well as being interesting views on the world. They are to be studied, agreed with or disagreed with, and acknowledged as an ideal. ^^

I don't find any religions annoying in and of themselves, but rather the people who practice them.

I'm most annoyed by the ones that won't shut up and just respect the fact that I DO NOT WANT TO CONVERT. Jeez.

Beyond that, what I don't like (not annoying, just don't like) are those who simply refuse to accept the beliefs of others, and particularly those that translate such beliefs into discriminatory actions.
Not quite as bad, but still greatly hated, are those that use religion as a means for personal gain. This most certainly includes several major religious institutions. I'll leave it up to your imaginations, but there's this one in particular . . .

I find some beliefs annoying. As I grew inclining on "logicality," I find myself disliking some beliefs. :P

Ya I do, atleast towards the major ones, sometimes I truly think that religion is the biggest conspiracy there is. Plus religion is probably the biggest tool used for discrimination out there. I don't mean to be too negative and if I offend anyone I'm sorry, but come on I thought religion was supposed to be a way to bring people together not form social barriers. So yes I do find it annoying, but I'll stop here, cause I can go on all day; if anyone wants to have a clean debate/discussion, you know where to find me. And no that's not an invitation for you to try and convert me, please. :)

my life is not bother with all this stuff.

It's maybe disburbing in our daily life. As for muslims, they have to pray 5 times a day. But we do need religion. We're all like a new user for a computer(life). But how could we use the computer if there's no software(religion)? And the software(religion) needs a guide book(holy book). THAT'S THE CONCLUSION. Hope can unstand my words. Hehe. ^-^

eonir

eonir

Spreading Fire

yuuramiza, I somehow manage to use my life(computer) without religion(inefficient software). The guite book(holy book) is extremely out-of date.

According to the Bible, all of us are devil worshippers. Each manga/anime is blasphemy. Especially those series that focus on our Christian culture.

I read the posts here and saw many hard-nosed people who noticed that everything some people believe in was made up by humans that lived many years before us, and these men weren't saints.

Some of the past popes should be considered today as barbarians, greedy perverts, and blatant hypocrites and liars. And these people established the rules that many of today's believers follow.

Some folks are wise, and some otherwise.
Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

@ eonir:

Anime and manga, like you said... especially the ones that focus on the Christian culture can be considered blasphemous because it twists teachings and mocks the religion and 'sacredness' of the religion itself.

Everything is still open to interpretation, including Holy books and texts. Humans are by nature sinful beings. Prone to anger, lust, blasphamy, and other horrible things the human mind can come up with. People are inherently evil. Martyrs too can be evil, as can 'holy' men and women. No one person is perfect... not ever. Though people who are placed in 'holy' positions are supposed to be there to help interpret holy texts and to set an example for the world. Since no one is perfect, these 'holy' people in power can be corrupted too... like everyone else.

I still stand by my original statement, "Religions are cultural experiences as well as being interesting views on the world. They are to be studied, agreed with or disagreed with, and acknowledged as an ideal." ^^

I may not agree with others, but I should still respect them for their own individual opinions. :D Right?

...just my opinion... ^_^'

Also to lighten up the topic,
"knowledge is power, power corrupts..."
so I usually try to study hard to be evil...
...not like I need any more help with that... XD

Those nutjobs that hold up signs at funerals are pretty goddamn annoying, but I'd consider them more of an inbred cult than a religion.

Quote by eoniryuuramiza, I somehow manage to use my life(computer) without religion(inefficient software). The guite book(holy book) is extremely out-of date.

According to the Bible, all of us are devil worshippers. Each manga/anime is blasphemy. Especially those series that focus on our Christian culture.

I read the posts here and saw many hard-nosed people who noticed that everything some people believe in was made up by humans that lived many years before us, and these men weren't saints.

Some of the past popes should be considered today as barbarians, greedy perverts, and blatant hypocrites and liars. And these people established the rules that many of today's believers follow.

eh really? did the Bible says that we're all devil worshipper? Sorry for asking asking. I just don't know about that because I'm not a christian.

merged: 11-19-2007 ~ 09:35pm

Quote by yuuramiza

Quote by eoniryuuramiza, I somehow manage to use my life(computer) without religion(inefficient software). The guite book(holy book) is extremely out-of date.

eh really? did the Bible says that we're all devil worshippers? sorry for asking asking. I just don't know about that because I'm not a christian.

Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Insanity's Asylum

Screw religion. The whole damn thing is a lie and it only shows the deepest part of human desires; Living forever, a life without pain, you know, that kind of stuff. Most people do good things solely for those reasons. Only about 4% of them do it out of good will.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines
^ In rememberance of the great siggy Milkiyo made me...

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

well... maybe yes maybe not...

when some if this messengers like Jehova Witness they knock to your door with the hope that u're so naive to convert to their religion...

i hate religions pers

Because of religion there is war.. I think it is annoying, especially in school... bah >_<

Signature
clannad-fans ayahirano-fans haruhisuzumiya-sos-dan rosario-vampire

Religions are always annoying, limitating, and inevitably false and stupid, full of flaws, not pure in anyway, even if they pretend to be, and pretend to preach a pure true.
They a very annoying indeed...
Jesus is cool, but their "representants" suck.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Religions are always annoying, limitating, and inevitably false and stupid,

do u have proofs of these?

Quote: Jesus is cool, but their "representants" suck

why u said that Jesus is cool? n how can u accept that Jesus is exist after u said that religions r annoying?

Signature

It is irritating.
I cant stand people listening to pastor for 3 hrs talking abt god. Its more like 3 hrs of lecture.

And pls, god helps no one. Alot of people oppose it, but it is reality for godness sake.

And all the praying sessions, if ur god u will be SUPER IRRITATED. I SWEAR! Imagine 24/7 the sound of prayers entering ur head! U CANT SLEEP< U CANT WORK. U CANT DO !WE^&*()_...

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: And pls, god helps no one. Alot of people oppose it, but it is reality for godness sake.

this is only the words for people who cant understand who God really is.

Quote: And all the praying sessions, if ur god u will be SUPER IRRITATED. I SWEAR! Imagine 24/7 the sound of prayers entering ur head! U CANT SLEEP< U CANT WORK. U CANT DO !WE^&*()_...

the meanings r more important, God wont care how bad ur sounds r. bcoz He creates our voices

Signature

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by templaBecause of religion there is war.. I think it is annoying, especially in school... bah >_<

because of human greed and their want to spread ideas,there is war...not religion....i wish schools would just get over the whole religion thing and teach of the theory evolution and the theory of creation....and compare and contrast these things in class...people will get interested and friendly debates could be formed...making science class,not so atheist like.

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Quote by kingray100

Quote by templaBecause of religion there is war.. I think it is annoying, especially in school... bah >_<

because of human greed and their want to spread ideas,there is war...not religion....i wish schools would just get over the whole religion thing and teach of the theory evolution and the theory of creation....and compare and contrast these things in class...people will get interested and friendly debates could be formed...making science class,not so atheist like.

If you are going to use religion to impose your view on every other persons' perspective rather than using it to attain self fulfillment, then you are a disgrace to your religion.

Religion has stuck its nose in places it never had any right to. Education should remain free from outside influences such as this "disease". That's right, I'm calling religion a disease. Christianity is no exception, after all, what can one expect from a God who is King of the "weak", the "ill", the "sinners" and all the dark and foul corners of the earth?

But then again, that's what you religious people are aren't you? Mentally ill! You are so sick and depraved internally and externally that you despise anything healthy, anything curious, anything and everything that is not like you! So you must spread your corruption, your plague and pestilence all over the world!

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote: But then again, that's what you religious people are aren't you? Mentally ill! You are so sick and depraved internally and externally that you despise anything healthy, anything curious, anything and everything that is not like you! So you must spread your corruption, your plague and pestilence all over the world!

OK I'll have to say that's a bit harsh O_o

Quote: because of human greed and their want to spread ideas,there is war...not religion....i wish schools would just get over the whole religion thing and teach of the theory evolution and the theory of creation....and compare and contrast these things in class...people will get interested and friendly debates could be formed...making science class,not so atheist like.

...it's science class, not religious class.
If I wanted to know about religions, I'd go to religious classes.
So what now, you want to make science class more 'religious-like' is that what you're saying? Just because you don't approve of atheist views? Remember once again, this is SCIENCE not RELIGION.

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

I don't believe in religions.
I just know that there's one almighty GOD and that HE's our saviour and guide to the light of eternal peace.

He send his son JESUS, to cleanse us of all our sins and I'll be forever grateful to that.

I do not fear death anymore and accept it when the time comes as it is only the beginning of a new life in paradise if I'm worthy of pasiing through the gates.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.