Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you find religions annoying? - Minitokyo

Do you find religions annoying?

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 191 total items

Quote by yothsothgothPeople are going to believe what they want to believe - nomatter what it is. People deny the existance of scientific evidence as well, even when some biblical refereces are proven scientifically to be accurate.

Oh really like what?

Quote by yothsothgothI only find religions annoying when they say you're going to hell if you don't believe EXACTLY what they do. I find it difficult to digest when I see those who believe in a religion/faith that tells them nomatter what, they're still condemned. I don't see how someone would want to believe in something like that. That's depressing.

You mean like christianity, islam, and jewish that accounts for the vast majority of the world? I don't get it either it only disproves their reasoning when they say it. "god loves you", "you go to hell if you don't serve him" those two contradict at least in my view.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Scientific evidence that I've found people don't believe - an example, evolution on any level. Bacteria are proof, and yet some don't agree. Another example, black holes - why people still don't believe in them, I don't know. There's plently of evidence.

Biblical evidence that science backs up: (as well as I think a few stories are in the Koran) -
The global genetic bottleneck (possibly from a flood because of the fossil records) - North and South American Indian cultures also speak of a great flood that covered the earth, killing many people. The Bible and the Koran (I think) make reference to this happening
Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed by fire and brimstone - awhile back there was a program about stories in the Bible about the city being destroyed by accident, evidently the local geology has some major combustibles in it and they think once lightning struck a certain areas after it had been dry there for awhile - the countryside was burned chemically
(I will say that the History channel might've been not as scientific as such, but they did make a convincing argument with showing some of the local geology and them actually making a fire from the local rocks.)

I find its easier to get people to at least accept what you believe as long as you don't force them to agree.

Again from the history: I remember seeing something about that flood. There was a pretty big one but it wasn't as big as the one described in the bible. It wasn't the entire world but it would have been the entire "known" world. A sumerian king I believe had a boat built and filled with animals and goods to sell after the flood. My point is the bible is somewhat historical, but it doesn't mean everything is divine in nature. Ancient people did base it on old stories that had probably been passed down for centuries.

I think I've seen the same thing about the flood like XRW175P6MQ4. But the thing I've seen was really about Noah and the flood from the bible.

On that same program they said,that if that boat was really only just out of wood,the boat would've been gone in a little while. (because...What happens when wood gets wet?) so,it had to be from a different material.

And indeed,it kinda looks like the world is flooded if all you can see on your BOAT,is water. (I mean,it looks like the world exists only of water when you're out on sea,right?)

Now to the question of this topic:

I respect religion and I'm even interested in the way they do their things,but,like many here,when they try to force it unto me,I'll become hard as stone and refuse,because I simply can't agree with everything they believe. I can't be convinced with 'the bible says so' or any other Holy Book says so. Because,after all...Those books were written by human hands. And something writtin by human hands,I could easily see it like it's nothing more than a fairytale.

Now,I DO believe that our Universe was created by something divine,but I just can't really agree with the Holy Books. That's all. And no one should try to convince me,because I can get really pissed off by that. As we respect their beliefs and leave them alone,they should do the same with us. Leave us be. Don't try to 'help' us,we got free will of our own.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Ancient people did base it on old stories that had probably been passed down for centuries.

true stories. by the prophets. and you said 'probably' means you didnt know and im gladly to tell you about what i know^^

Signature

Quote by priincess

Quote: Ancient people did base it on old stories that had probably been passed down for centuries.

true stories. by the prophets. and you said 'probably' means you didnt know and im gladly to tell you about what i know^^

I'm actually to 100% sure ancient people passed down stories, but I don't presume to know exactly how old they might be.

based on true stories. Stories tend to change over time. A flood in the middle east turns into divine judgment and a moderately cool guy born in bethleham turns into the son of god.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4
Lack of proof for common scientific theories does not automatically prove religion.

i didn't mean that. since when did i want to proof religion?

Quote:
Stories tend to change over time. A flood in the middle east turns into divine judgment and a moderately cool guy born in bethleham turns into the son of god.

well, we can't be too sure about that, can we?

Quote by KitsyLove
On that same program they said,that if that boat was really only just out of wood,the boat would've been gone in a little while. (because...What happens when wood gets wet?) so,it had to be from a different material.

ancient boats/ships are made from wood. of course, specific type of wood. the first 'iron' ship made was during the American Civil War. wooden boats/ships are far more durable than you think. Vikings used these boats to brave the Atlantic Ocean to Greenland. Columbus used them to reach America. ancient Phoenicians used them to round Africa. so, how is it that wooden boats won't last?

If I didnt belong to a religion, then I would but since I do belong to one, I dont really have a choice but to oppose that question

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

ya... I dont believe in religion but my father yes...they insist me to believe it...>_<

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: ya... I dont believe in religion but my father yes...they insist me to believe it...>_<

it's like refusing the treasures of life, what a shame

Signature

kyubichan

kyubichan

Mobile Blackhole

It's not religion itself that I dislike, more the people behind it and how people react in accordance to it. Even if it isn't religion, there will still be something that people will try to 'market', so that they can either get money or a strong following.

A Mormon followed once tried to 'convert' me. Seriously, she creeped me out. I wanted to jump off the moving bus just to get away from her.

Now, I do not keep my Christian religion by choice. When my Methodist church gave me a membership form to fill out, in the space that asked "Do you like this church?", " I plainly answered "No I do not". I don't know how they reacted to that. I am only in the church because I do not want to get into a fight with my mother, who is a 'devout Christian'. I do not like their ways, how they think they're better than everyone else, and that every other religion is wrong; on the other hand, I also do not like conflict, especially within the family, so I deal with it as best as I can.

I do not hate Christians, or any other religious followers. I do hope that they will respect my faith, opinion and view as much as I respect theirs.

Because yes!

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by oudoroboui find religion very amusing. people are willing to kill and die for their beliefs. look at the christians and their crusades. the catholics and their inquisitions. muslims and their infidel cleansing. all these are forms of terrorism. rather sad really. i'm sure jesus and mohammed are really happy with where their ideas are going.

Jesus, at least, would be horrified at Paul's urge to make a universal religion out of his preachings, sectarian Pharisee as he is.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

yes they are with how some people believe everythign without looking at the bigger picture.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I find religion annoying when people try to force it on others (and yes, I believe this does include people such as missionaries, who are undoubtedly doing good work but who also never do it without being evangelical with it). I dislike intolerance and extremism - so it's not religion that annoys me per se, but rather how religion is spread and why.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

^i know they all hate Christianity instead of whatever religion. Buddhism do not care about spreading, Islam conversion (in secular countries) is not as aggressive as Christianity, but still, much more effective.

Quote by priincess

Quote: ya... I dont believe in religion but my father yes...they insist me to believe it...>_<

what treasures of life...? ^_^'

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

Quote by priincess

Name 1 that can't be obtained any other way.

erm.....religion is annoying. Basic essence of religion is faith. Faih is belief without evidence, which is irrational. Irrationality is dangerous. If society tolerates faith( belief without evidence) it could essentially tolerate(and at times support) anything. So basically you can start wars, murder, pillage, keep slaves, hinder scienific progress etc all in the name of religion.

^you forgot molest children, abuse women, and send young men to die for a pile of lies. That's just Islam for you. No terrorist has been killed in any war, they were all dead the moment they came into that religion.

vlader

vlader

What is beyond?

Religion itself is not annoying. What I find annoying is how some people follow them. Their reasoning, beliefs and actions behind them. They even twist the truth behind their religion to justify their actions which is very lame. >_<

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

since it's too much i'll go straight forward o. 0

Quote: A Mormon followed once tried to 'convert' me. Seriously, she creeped me out. I wanted to jump off the moving bus just to get away from her.

mormon isnt right

Quote: I do not hate Christians, or any other religious followers. I do hope that they will respect my faith, opinion and view as much as I respect theirs.

no offense, but, if your boss has a mistake in his way then you keep quite just because you respect him, is it a right thing to do?

Quote: I find religion annoying when people try to force it on others (and yes, I believe this does include people such as missionaries, who are undoubtedly doing good work but who also never do it without being evangelical with it). I dislike intolerance and extremism - so it's not religion that annoys me per se, but rather how religion is spread and why.

so then you should say 'i find this person is annoying to force me about his religion' not the religion or what God tells. and is it right if you refuse go to school because you dislike it?

Quote: what treasures of life...?

good question, is the Bible and anything what God tells us; those are the keys to survive.

Quote: Name 1 that can't be obtained any other way.

well,... faith? o. 0

Quote: Faih is belief without evidence

faith is believe and fact that can be sensed in your heart.

Quote: ^you forgot molest children, abuse women, and send young men to die for a pile of lies. That's just Islam for you. No terrorist has been killed in any war, they were all dead the moment they came into that religion.

since when religion told you to kill, against people and take suicide? for you all know what is inside the Bible, for example, that all of the words are right. it's the person himself who concludes to the wrong way, and of course all the wrong ways are from the devils. and it's not unusual that the moment you realise that God's exists is also the chance for the devil to persuade us until we leave our God. it's what God tells to, if we come to Him, there'll be more and more trials. and that's how you can find many terorist in the name of god kill themselves to show their powers, whic is a-not-right-thing-to-do; they did what the devils tell. that's why to have a faith to God is very hard but if you keep your faith you are God's child and you go to heaven and get eternal life because you serve Him with your faith; and it means you can pass the tests and trials and also means you're not a failure person

Quote: Religion itself is not annoying. What I find annoying is how some people follow them. Their reasoning, beliefs and actions behind them. They even twist the truth behind their religion to justify their actions which is very lame.

well thats true, some of us ;which is a-not-right-thing-to-do do it sometimes. but some of us dont do it, for God Himself tells that no one can add anything in God's words. but if we do then it's a lie, but the religion that we learn isnt a lie, so we must follow them. God also says that someone who is a good person, likes to help, never do anything wrong like lying, do bad things, etc is the person that you can trust, the person is who believes in God; it's the person you must follow. and that's (one of) the key

Signature

No I don't. But I find some absurdity embedded to EVERY religion. I don't want to tell figures because I might offend some people.

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 191 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.