Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Mess of the Universe - Minitokyo

The Mess of the Universe

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Ive been reading on the creation and current state of our universe and ive come to the conclusion that its a giant mess.
I mean we are finding black holes, exploding stars, odd gravitational and electromagnetic interferences, etc etc. Its insane reading about it because it just sounds like the universe is on the edge of collapsing under its own stress. Which they actually think is going to happen within the next 20 billions years! so dont have any regrets.
but seriously, dark matter is a problem, the constant spreading out of the galaxies, the list is massive.
anyone else reading about this? anyone else feel like its just a mess out there and we are all screwed?

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Welcome to this Plane of Existence :)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

You're only realizing now that we're all screwed? Just look at this pitiful race of our's...it's a microcosm for what's going to happen across the cosmos...hatred, war, I imagine we'll blast ourselves to oblivion one of these days...just a matter of time

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Quote by DrakenImmortalYou're only realizing now that we're all screwed? Just look at this pitiful race of our's...it's a microcosm for what's going to happen across the cosmos...hatred, war, I imagine we'll blast ourselves to oblivion one of these days...just a matter of time

My sentiments exactly.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

haha, even if we are screwed its still interesting to find out more and more about what's out there. Might as well learn about your killer, no?

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

well yes, the human race is a bit unstable, but i was refering more about the makeup and current state of our universe. i know that the human race is screwed as long as we continue living on one planet, thats just a given.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by perloxIve been reading on the creation and current state of our universe and ive come to the conclusion that its a giant mess.
I mean we are finding black holes, exploding stars, odd gravitational and electromagnetic interferences, etc etc. Its insane reading about it because it just sounds like the universe is on the edge of collapsing under its own stress. Which they actually think is going to happen within the next 20 billions years! so dont have any regrets.
but seriously, dark matter is a problem, the constant spreading out of the galaxies, the list is massive.
anyone else reading about this? anyone else feel like its just a mess out there and we are all screwed?

Actually, did you ever think that it is actually very organized?
After all, even with all this 'mess' the Universe is in balance within itself.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Hmm... according to the Bible the universe won't last forever.

"Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens [are] the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:" - Psalms 102:25-26

The universe might seem disorderly to you but I think it's actually very pretty. I was always impressed by the beauty of the stars and nebulas, of the giant comic clouds and galaxies. The pure, unadulterated night sky is said to have been an inspiration for artists and poets alike for centuries. So just appreciate the way it is.

Quote by Persocom01The universe might seem disorderly to you but I think it's actually very pretty. I was always impressed by the beauty of the stars and nebulas, of the giant comic clouds and galaxies. The pure, unadulterated night sky is said to have been an inspiration for artists and poets alike for centuries. So just appreciate the way it is.

I agree, there will be nothing more beautiful if Earth happens to float into a black hole and every living thing on the planet, along with the planet itself is torn apart right down to the atomic level. It'll definitely be a kodak moment.

Also, as to how the universe will end is still under speculation, as there is evidence to suggest that the rate of expansion of the universe is not decreasing (suggesting a future collapse back into a giant singularity, the Big Crunch), but rather accelerating due to the fact that the amount of dark energy present in our universe remains almost constant while the dark matter is disappearing (meaning a reduction in overall mass within the universe meaning there is less gravity to pull the universe in on itself. Think of a car burning fuel. If you burn the fuel at a constant rate, as the fuel is burned the car is going to get lighter and is going to pick up speed because there is less to hold it back (This is a bad example but it illustrates the concept). There are other theories to the ultimate descruction of the universe, such as the Big Rip where dark energy progressively tears bodies down to the atomic level in a similar way to a black hole as the rate of expansion of the universe increases, the Big Freeze where the universe expands to the point that there is insufficient heat energy to support life, or Heat Death where all the heat in the universe is ultimately absorbed to the point that all the energy in the universe that could be used to do work is absorbed and as such essentially the only things still remaining would be the black holes.

If it makes you feel any better, the human race will be long extinct before any of this happens, so it doesn't matter to us one bit.

AnimeDaisuki

AnimeDaisuki

Wings of Destiny

Remember, for every beginning there will be an end. It's just a matter of time how fast the end comes !

I'm in your forum , lurkin' in ur posts~ =^w^=

We will never know who we be till we have heard the wispering of the stars ( yes stars did make noise ).

I also read a lot like hawkings and some other stuff.
I'm on purpose don't think the universe will collapse so fast.

I will continueing to believe in something If read at the very end of one of this books.

" What if every supernova is the creation of a new univers, it might could be and because it's such a nice thought I think from now on I will believe in this "

so long meggan

lol, you people sure make a lot of assumptions. dont read to deeply into what i say. i do think the universe is an extremely beautiful and magnificent place, i was just observing how chaotic it truely is. not that its a clutter of old junk, but of astronomical glory!

In truth, there is nothing more chaotic and violent than the universe.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.