Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How We Can Know There Is a God? - Minitokyo

How We Can Know There Is a God?

Do you Believe in the Existence of God?

I Believe that God exist by His Creations & the Bible
66 votes
I believe that God exist but I don't believe in the Bible
26 votes
I don't Believe in God because I'm an Atheist
46 votes
50/50 (I believe in God but I doubt sometimes)
32 votes

Only members can vote.

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 228 total items

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by tobiast88Why do you want to be muslim, when there are literally hundreds of other religions that all claim to true, same as yours?

Islam is not like other religions. I know other religion claims their god/gods is/are true. But Islam is unique and different from other religions. That's why I am a Muslim and will never leave my faith.

merged: 09-06-2006 ~ 10:59pm

Quote by tobiast88
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

I am not believing something I heard simply and not believe it because it is spoken nor rumoured by many. I believe it based on Quran and Hadis. And Islam is not traditions. I believe by analysis and observation and found reasons of it, and all I do is believe Him.

Why have to push your brain too much of this matter? Why have to find scientific proofs or similar to it? You want to know how God looks like or where He lives? Using scientific researches, you will find nothing. That's the weakness of freethinker people. Only rely on brain.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Really. Atheists and freethinkers are weak because we think too much? This is stupefying. You coordinate your entire life around unproven delusions, and freethinkers are weak?
Islam is like any other religion: destructive, based on unfounded and arbitrary beliefs, and it claims its god is true. Like judaism. Like christianity. Like hinduism. Like any other religion. Why is this so complex? Islam is in no way unique; hell, it sprouted from the two monotheistic religions before it!
You do believe what you hear and read, like I said in my post. With observation and analysis (like Plunkies has done in his thread that you probably haven't bothered to visit anyway), it's shown that the quran has numerous flaws, contradictions, and flat-out lies. And yet you believe in it. Because it's tradition, because it's what you've heard and read since the beginning of your life. You can't prove god, much less with rreason.
Atheists "push their brains" because we want to know the proven truth, not because we want to comforted with a bimillenia-old lie. And god doesn't exist, so we can't want to "know his face or where he lives". Using scientific researches, scientists world-wide have bettered the life of billions. You call that nothing? You are sad.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Athiests are not weak, 15% of the world are Athiests, numerous mathmaticans , Scientists, Writers, philosphers, musicans, and others are Athiests, Thinking is what gave you the internet, the computer and yes that Book of yours. Bill GAtes, isn't Religous and he is the Richest, and one of the smartest men in the world!

Look no offense but saying thinking is weak is like saying learning is stupid, and school, vegtables, and asking questions, are all horrible for you, thats just plain nosense,

Blind faith is what is foolish, Blind faith is what can lead to disaster, war, crusades, segregation, and injury. Faith in and of itself is not bad, but blind faith is.

Shinsengumi89

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yes, they lack of beliefs. Only depend on scientific proofs. Why? Because they were blinded by the world, by materials,by all sort of enjoyments in life.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuIslam is not like other religions. I know other religion claims their god/gods is/are true. But Islam is unique and different from other religions. That's why I am a Muslim and will never leave my faith.

Wow! I am so surprise to hear that.< sarcasm
You and the rest of the belivers believe that their faith is like no others.

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuI am not believing something I heard simply and not believe it because it is spoken nor rumoured by many. I believe it based on Quran and Hadis. And Islam is not traditions. I believe by analysis and observation and found reasons of it, and all I do is believe Him.

If you believe it based on Quran and Hadis it means that you believe it because it was writen in your religious book. In other words you were conditioned into believe and don't even realize.

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuWhy have to push your brain too much of this matter? Why have to find scientific proofs or similar to it? You want to know how God looks like or where He lives? Using scientific researches, you will find nothing. That's the weakness of freethinker people. Only rely on brain.

Because if we don't "push our brain too much" we will get stuck on the narrow view that most believer posse and progress would stop if dogmas weren't questioned.

Also, unlike you that will be constricted by the ways an archaic book, the "thinkers" will move forward to a future of potential and new discoveries. While those who cannot accept that the "thinkers are contradicting the truth" will remain forever trap in the past unless they can evolve with the ongoing time.

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuYes, they lack of beliefs. Only depend on scientific proofs. Why? Because they were blinded by the world, by materials,by all sort of enjoyments in life.

Wrong. Not everyone who are unbelivers are blinded by the world and its trivial material desire.
I for instance couldn't care less about such mundane things.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by Shinsengumi89
Look no offense but saying thinking is weak is like saying learning is stupid, and school, vegtables, and asking questions, are all horrible for you, thats just plain nosense,

Blind faith is what is foolish, Blind faith is what can lead to disaster, war, crusades, segregation, and injury. Faith in and of itself is not bad, but blind faith is.

Shinsengumi89

Religion is not blind faith, but Unbelievers is the blind faith. And religion does not coz war, who started the war? Is it those people with religious idea or people with "great" power? Those people of "great" power coz the war. Look at the Middle East side, who coz the destruction? The people with "great" power like America.

And I'm not saying that thinking is the reason why you're weak. It's your perception about religion and faith in life. Thinking makes people improve theirself. You like to make quick conclusion on someone's faith without learning their faith truly.

merged: 09-07-2006 ~ 02:50pm

Quote by Yu-huang

If you believe it based on Quran and Hadis it means that you believe it because it was writen in your religious book. In other words you were conditioned into believe and don't even realize.

Because if we don't "push our brain too much" we will get stuck on the narrow view that most believer posse and progress would stop if dogmas weren't questioned.

I'm not just believe in my religion but I realize it's the Truth.

Second, I want to ask Atheists, if you're dead, you'll be "gone". Nothing anymore cuz the brain stop working, like you said. Okay, if you die tomorrow, and suddenly you realize you're dead, which means you know you're dead. And what will be of your perception? Just think it happened suddenly. I want your opinion.

merged: 09-07-2006 ~ 02:58pm

Quote by tobiast88And god doesn't exist, so we can't want to "know his face or where he lives". Using scientific researches, scientists world-wide have bettered the life of billions. You call that nothing? You are sad.

refered the word "nothing" to "if you want to find God's face/where He lives" not the Science. Science brings people a better life, and soon a destructive life(if war keeps happening). But in the positive side, science indeed gives human a better life and all the internet stuffs, music and much more.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuReligion is not blind faith, but Unbelievers is the blind faith. And religion does not coz war, who started the war? Is it those people with religious idea or people with "great" power? Those people of "great" power coz the war. Look at the Middle East side, who coz the destruction? The people with "great" power like America.

You are wrong in so many ways that it is almost scary.
Lets see, where should I begin. Right. They are unbelievers how can they have any faith.
Secondly, it is Shinsengumi89 makes more sense that what you just said about faith.
There are two types of faith: blind faith, and faith.
Blind faith is ignorance and those people had blind faith. Not to mentioned that most of the conflict is base on religion and the idea that all must embrace that faith or be destroyed.
Also, last time I check it wasn't the American who started the war.

Quote by gaara-no-shukaku
I'm not just believe in my religion but I realize it's the Truth.

Truth is something that remain unchanged either it is the past, present or future. Truth is unborn and immortal.
I can't say that this applies in your case since it contradicts itself and has been changed thru out the millennia.

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuSecond, I want to ask Atheists, if you're dead, you'll be "gone". Nothing anymore cuz the brain stop working, like you said. Okay, if you die tomorrow, and suddenly you realize you're dead, which means you know you're dead. And what will be of your perception? Just think it happened suddenly. I want your opinion.

And you're telling me this why?

merged: 09-07-2006 ~ 03:08pm

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuBut in the positive side, science indeed gives human a better life and all the internet stuffs, music and much more.

Now who's blinded by the world, its material possession, and by all sort of enjoyments in life.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by Yu-huang

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuSecond, I want to ask Atheists, if you're dead, you'll be "gone". Nothing anymore cuz the brain stop working, like you said. Okay, if you die tomorrow, and suddenly you realize you're dead, which means you know you're dead. And what will be of your perception? Just think it happened suddenly. I want your opinion.

And you're telling me this why?

I just want your opinion and thought about it, if it happen to you. Or you don't have opinion on it?

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Unbelievers... is faith. You know that's a compltete contradiction? Unbelievers, or atheists, don't believe in anything. Therefore, it's not a blind faith. Go read the dictionary.

And anyway, I have studied different faiths, including yours, and I've found them to be worthless. So this is an informed decision.

America may have started this stupid war, but the trigger was eleven people with suicidal religious ideas based on yours crashing into the twin towers for no logical reason. Who started again?

You "realize your religion's the truth". Well, since you've obviously never bothered to question it, I don't think yourealize much of anything at all.

And please try to get this. You don't "wake up dead". If you die, you die. Period. You don't realize you're dead, you have no perception of being dead. Do you have a perception before being conceived, before being born? No. Well, that's death. No feeling, no thought, no perception. Everything just stops. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by Yu-huang

Also, last time I check it wasn't the American who started the war.

Oh, ok. I don't know much about it. So who started the war? Just curious.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I wrote it in my post. Do you just selectively ignore everything inconvenient to your faith? America may have started this stupid war, but the trigger was eleven people with suicidal religious ideas based on yours, crashing into the twin towers for no logical reason.
America was wrong to go to war, but fundamentally, suicide bombers are to blame. Great thing, religion, huh?

Join the groups!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by tobiast88Unbelievers... is faith. You know that's a compltete contradiction? Unbelievers, or atheists, don't believe in anything. Therefore, it's not a blind faith. Go read the dictionary.

Ok, I'm wrong with that statement. But I mean "faith" before is the believe of Atheist only in scientific proofs.

Quote by tobiast88

You "realize your religion's the truth". Well, since you've obviously never bothered to question it, I don't think yourealize much of anything at all.

What's up with "these" people? I'm saying what I believe and realize. That's all.

Quote by tobiast88

And please try to get this. You don't "wake up dead". If you die, you die. Period. You don't realize you're dead, you have no perception of being dead. Do you have a perception before being conceived, before being born? No. Well, that's death. No feeling, no thought, no perception. Everything just stops. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I'm asking for your opinion if it happen to you. IF IT HAPPEN. So, please answer it.

merged: 09-07-2006 ~ 06:54pm

Quote by tobiast88I wrote it in my post. Do you just selectively ignore everything inconvenient to your faith?

No, when I wrote my post, you haven't post yours yet. Sorry about my crappy internet here.

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Firstly
We cant because there isnt one.
Secondly
People think there is a god solely because they believe and nothing else.
Thirdly
The word 'god' is made up so that religions can control and influence the world but mostly in a good way.
Fourthly
We can believe in whatever we want and be ignorant of the truth but in reality, they are made up lies.
And Lastly
The people who doubt the existence of god are weak as they cant decide themselves and still let religion confuse them.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Quote: But I mean "faith" before is the believe of Atheist only in scientific proofs.

It's not faith, because it's proven. Scientific proofs are found rebutting religious happenings every day, and atheists believe these because they are the verified truth. Verified by experiments, and by other scientists who re-perform the experiments and get the same results. It's very simple. Atheists. Don't. Have. Faith. Did that get through?

Quote: What's up with "these" people? I'm saying what I believe and realize. That's all.

No. You are stating what you believe to be truth. You've never questioned your truth, so you can't realize that it's a lie. You realize nothing.

Quote: I'm asking for your opinion if it happen to you. IF IT HAPPEN. So, please answer it.

I did answer, but your sense detector deleted it from your brain. If it happened to me, if I suddenly died, my heart functions would stop, I'd go unconcious, which would remove pretty much all consciousness, then eventually my brain functions would shut down and I would die, eliminating the scraps of perception that might be left. I wouldn't feel anything, think anything, because I would be dead. Like going to sleep, without the dreams. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? You think 72 regenerating virgins for you in a wonderland makes more sense?

Join the groups!

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Quote by Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

Take the bible for example. have you read the bible lately? the bible provides faith and salvation. If anything. it is the darkness in our hearts that cause war and destruction. It is up to us to follow it.

not by drastikhate, just using his account

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

The bible advocates killing, stoning, burning, etc of people. It includes god committing genocide against a people. Wow. Great "faith and salvation". And since god is so obviously the creator (sarcasm), he must have created the "darkness in our hearts", so good job, god, you've just made our lives that much more miserable.
And don't use other people's accounts for yourself. It's rude and disrespectful. Go get your own account and debate your own positions.

Join the groups!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Ok bye, I don't want to respond to this thread cuz it will bring more lies than truth. Bye. Message me if anything comes in your mind.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I think this speaks for itself. You can't defend your positions, so you just leave. Typical. And yes, if you did respond more, your posts would indeed bring more lies than truth. All you've done in this thread is twist around with you hands over your ears, banging the square peg in the round hole. Good riddance.

Join the groups!

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Yes in fact i have read the bible( thats what going to catholic school will do to you).

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

First I need to rectify my words.
America did indeed start the war but it was incited into starting it.
It was a mistake on my part to have written as it was.

Quote by tobiast88 Quote: I'm asking for your opinion if it happen to you. IF IT HAPPEN. So, please answer it.

I did answer, but your sense detector deleted it from your brain.

Actually tobiast88 he is right. You didn't answer his question.
What he is saying is if you realize that you're dead, meaning that you still have a consciousness after death what then.

Quote by drastikhateTake the bible for example. have you read the bible lately? the bible provides faith and salvation. If anything. it is the darkness in our hearts that cause war and destruction. It is up to us to follow it.

I don't understand how you can consider that salvation if you have to bow down and surrender yourself to the "will of god". In my humble opinion, I don't think that any individual or society can achieve a higher understanding of the infinite universe thru fear-mongering (hell) and forced servitude (join us or be destroyed - either it be by humans or by gods hand the unbelievers will eventually be destroyed), no matter what power is presented as evidence.

And if indeed it is the darkness in our hear that causes war and destruction does this mean that god also has darkness in his heart? For in the end of days, god committing genocide against his creation as tobiast88 wrote before me.

Quote:

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuOk bye, I don't want to respond to this thread cuz it will bring more lies than truth. Bye. Message me if anything comes in your mind.

Quote by tobiast88I think this speaks for itself. You can't defend your positions, so you just leave. Typical. And yes, if you did respond more, your posts would indeed bring more lies than truth. All you've done in this thread is twist around with you hands over your ears, banging the square peg in the round hole. Good riddance.

Actually it proves that he is wiser than we may have originally thought.
After all, if your argument cannot hold up against another, if your belief is not strong enough to listen objectively to another point of view without getting offended then instead of getting mad and leave, sit down, read what others have to say and you may just learn something that changes your mind.
At least that what I think.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I did answer his question. When you're dead, you have no consciousness. Like Mark Twain said, being dead millions of years before being born wasn't much of a problem. When you die, you don't realize it, and this has been proven to some degree because corpses don't have brain waves.

Quote: After all, if your argument cannot hold up against another, if your belief is not strong enough to listen objectively to another point of view without getting offended then instead of getting mad and leave, sit down, read what others have to say and you may just learn something that changes your mind.

Which is what he did not do. He left. Therefore he isn't "wiser than we may have originally believed".

Join the groups!

tobiast88, try not to be so pushy. People who have been taught something from when they are children may or may not be able to understand different views so if you push your view on him like that he will just think you work for the devil and you're trying to tempt him into non-belief or something like that.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Meh. I'm still not on Plunkies' level.

Join the groups!

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I'm pretty sure that someone already said this but we just don't know for sure. Guess we have to follow along with what your parents teach you.

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 228 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.