Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans - Minitokyo

ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

This is NOT a complaints thread. The rules have been around for 2 years. You can't complain about us not giving you enough notice. All complaints post will be DELETED.

From today onwards all scans submitted without a proper credit in the description will be deleted.

If it is your personal scan, you must state that you have scanned the image yourself. If you got it from another site, then you must state where (which site) it is from.

Any scan without either of these will be deleted as we require scans to have proper credits.

Quote by Revan What is an appropriate description, well, if the description clearly states whether the submitter is the scanner or not it is acceptable.

Examples:

>My scan from the whatever issue of whatever artbook/magazine
>Not my scan, from x-website (even just saying not my scan is enough).

We do encourage that you give more accurate descriptions but what we are looking for is scans that do not state clearly whether the submitter is the scanner or not.

We'll be thankfull for any help you give on this matter.

Scanners, if you know you have not given proper credits for your scans submitted, then go and edit your descriptions NOW. The purging has already begun, but it is impossible for moderators to go through thousands of scans we have in MiniTokyo in one day. Therefore do it as soon as possible if you want your scans to remain in the galleries. Thank you for your co-operation.

EDIT:

Quote by eunasahngIf anyone wants to save time and credits and really really want the scan back in the gallery, you may send me the LINK to your deleted scan(s) and the NEW DESCRIPTIONS via PM. If I am not too busy, I will restore and edit your descriptions therefore they are acceptable. I am being extremely nice here, but don't ask me to restore 100 scans. I won't. I'll only take up to about 10 per member MAX. It may take a while since I have a slow connection.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Curious...what prompted this change? We shouldn't start reporting things we find yet should we, I imagine we need to give people time to fix their descriptions?

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure, but we have been deleting non-credited scans for a while now (the recently submitted scans). We have been receiving such reports from various members as well.

By policy, we do need the credit to the scanner, although it hasn't been updated yet that the statement "All scans should have proper credit given to their sources" should really be "All scans MUST..."

I have suggested to moderators that we give a few days notice to members, so we'll see how it goes. This is what the thread is doing exactly. ^^

fluke

fluke

So something like "Not my scan, got it from 4chan." would be acceptable then? Or do we need to provide the proper address in it's entirety? I ask because I got done checking mine and most say something similiar to what I just said.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

As long as the person states whether they have or have not scanned it, and if they haven't, they post a link or give a title to the website, then they'll be fine. We'll probably give some time so scanners can hopefully go back and edit their descriptions if they haven't already. :P

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

The scan crediting has been required always. So this shouldn't really come up as a surprise.

What is an appropriate description, well, if the description clearly states whether the submitter is the scanner or not it is acceptable.

Examples:

>My scan from the whatever issue of whatever artbook/magazine
>Not my scan, from x-website (even just saying not my scan is enough).

We do encourage that you give more accurate descriptions but what we are looking for is scans that do not state clearly whether the submitter is the scanner or not.

We'll be thankfull for any help you give on this matter.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

BlueAngel17

BlueAngel17

In The Clouds

how about if they downloaded it from torrents? Do we have to specify the site where we got the torrent? Of course, torrents have images that were already compiled from other websites, and it's random.. how do we clarify our scan descriptions for instances like these?

Signature
Love it? Click HERE to view my wall site. ^^

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

No, as long as we know that it is either scanned by you or from somewhere else, it's okay. That has to be clear though.

More info on the exact source is even better if you know it. But if you really don't know, at least write that it is not your scan.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by BlueAngel17how about if they downloaded it from torrents? Do we have to specify the site where we got the torrent? Of course, torrents have images that were already compiled from other websites, and it's random.. how do we clarify our scan descriptions for instances like these?

As long as you say the images you posted originated from a torrent that should be suitable enough. But like Eunasahng said being as specific as possible is really helpful

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Just as an addendum: This is NOT a new rule.

Nuriko introduced this rule TWO YEARS AGO, but too many scans have slipped by unnoticed. So we just decided it was high time to do something about all those scans that don't conform to Nuriko's Law.

er... i could re-submit the deleted scans with proper credits right? once the bug/problem is fixed?

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Quote by xiaodicker... i could re-submit the deleted scans with proper credits right? once the bug/problem is fixed?

Yes, we actually encourage members to do this. But do wait until we sort out the problem in the galleries.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

sarisasenshi

sarisasenshi

Ninja of the Hidden Cult Fandoms

I have been away for awhile, and so it was probably my undoing to forget to properly credit my own scan out of common sense due to late night editing or whatever the reason. Therefore, I am not angry with the deletions of several of my scans.

However, I had not anticipate this and ended up deleting several of the scan files since I felt that I could download them from here as soon as I had the proper editing programs to do it (dust clean-up, removing printing marks, etc.). Is there a way to still recover them from here, or is re-scanning them pretty inevitable at this point?

fluke

fluke

It appears that all of your gallery items have been purged and are no longer in the MT database at all. So I would say re-scanning is your only option.

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

A large number of my scans have been quarantined, although I have complied with the new regulations. Some of my submissions have been the artwork of Japanese internet artists, and I always give credit with "Artwork by ..." and a link to their website. However, many of these scans have been quarantined. Is it absolutely necessary for me to include "not my scan" although that's clearly implied by giving the artist's name and website URL? Most of these submissions are not scans in the first place, but exclusively digital artwork. I always give credit for the work I upload to Minitokyo.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

"Not my scan" is the very minimum you should put in the descriptions. It is only if you know nothing about the scan at all.

All scans that are deleted are in quarantaine (as it should be) and will be deleted in the same way as other artworks. You can either resubmit your deleted scans with sufficient descriptions, OR as I said in another post:

Quote by eunasahng However, if anyone wants to save time and credits and really really want the scan back in the gallery, you may send me the LINK to your deleted scan(s) and the NEW DESCRIPTIONS via PM. If I am not too busy, I will restore and edit your descriptions therefore they are acceptable. I am being extremely nice here, but don't ask me to restore 100 scans. I won't. I'll only take up to about 10 per member MAX. It may take a while since I have a slow connection.

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

That is already very nice of U to help them restore their scans^^
Oh, and I would like to ask, for doujinshis which are not done by oneself, is it suppose to go to the scan gallery or doujinshi gallery? I have seen one which is in the doujinshi gallery but it wasnt properly stated who drewn it. All it said was a friend.

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

You shouldn't submit fan-art here if it isn't your own. I would say it is acceptable if they are official artwork. Then I suppose you can submit them as scans. Never submit anything you didn't do into wallpaper/abstract art/doujinshi or vector art categories.

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

what about "this belong to my sister, im not the one who drew it" in the discription, i guess i've seen a doujinshi with discription like that :\
-sorry for asking in the wrong place- but according to the discussion line :nya:

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I'm not sure if this is the right "error" topic to ask this. However, I had some of my scans deleted and that put dead links into the list of my "other submissions." For example, if you click on the dead link you get this:

Rin Tubing by MarlinWahoo

Should I make a bug report to get that image deleted from my personal gallery? Or is there a different course of action I need to take?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by nolovewhat about "this belong to my sister, im not the one who drew it" in the discription, i guess i've seen a doujinshi with discription like that :\
-sorry for asking in the wrong place- but according to the discussion line :nya:

Anything that's not a scan must be the member's original work. Therefore such doujinshis as the one you found should be reported.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by MarlinWahooI'm not sure if this is the right "error" topic to ask this. However, I had some of my scans deleted and that put dead links into the list of my "other submissions." For example, if you click on the dead link you get this:

Rin Tubing by MarlinWahoo

Should I make a bug report to get that image deleted from my personal gallery? Or is there a different course of action I need to take?

If you don't want to lodge a complaint to restore that dead link, it would be better to leave it as it is, since is is technically not a bug.

And this is not the right topic; too. You may want to make a new thread to have the mods clarify this problem.

fluke

fluke

Its not a bug, he just didn't want the thumbnail of a quarantined submission showing in his recent submissions list, hehe. So there is no problem.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by flukeIts not a bug, he just didn't want the thumbnail of a quarantined submission showing in his recent submissions list, hehe. So there is no problem.

But he wanted to know what to do to get rid of it; but that can't be helped...

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.