Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans - Minitokyo

ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

well, the matter has been brought up and I trust that the team is working on to get rid of thumbnails of (deleted) items. Note that quarantined items' thumbs need to stay in order for us to access the work and restore them in certain cases. Hopefully items completely gone from the database will have the thumbnails deleted too.... but not quarantined items for restoration purposes ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by kuroimisawell, the matter has been brought up and I trust that the team is working on to get rid of thumbnails of (deleted) items. Note that quarantined items' thumbs need to stay in order for us to access the work and restore them in certain cases. Hopefully items completely gone from the database will have the thumbnails deleted too.... but not quarantined items for restoration purposes ;)

I feel it would be appropriate to restrain deleted items from the 'other submissions'. It is very misleading and causes certain frustration when discovered that it cannot be accessed; better still, have the thumbnails avaliable totally removed and leaving restoration evidences in the PM form when the bot is sent.

elizabeth-san

elizabeth-san

Never On.

i really dont think scans are that important so who cares if it didnt belong to them now if it was a wallpaper and a doujin that i will understand but why complain about scans

Uchiha Sasuke Signature Image

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Quote by elizabeth-sani really dont think scans are that important so who cares if it didnt belong to them now if it was a wallpaper and a doujin that i will understand but why complain about scans

Would you like people just taking your scan saying it is theirs when you spend an hour scanning and cleaning it?
Yes it may not be something of a form of art but many has spent hours uploading scan for all to see in the net.... Scan as you may know is essential for wallers to make their wallpaper... without then we must vector it out... you know how hard is that?

And if people start taking credit for scans they did not make... I as for one if i was the scanner would stop scanning those images and then lets see how much scans we would have after that...

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

One thing I would like to knoe is that, how are these credits used? im new here so i don't really get the picture. So if i scan my art and post it i gain credits? for wat purpose?

Quote by auradereccaOne thing I would like to knoe is that, how are these credits used? im new here so i don't really get the picture. So if i scan my art and post it i gain credits? for wat purpose?

Visit Keltosh's very informative guide for everything you will ever need to know about the credit system, and the other features of MT.

Additionally, when posting in threads you should always make relevant posts. Asking about credit use in a thread announcing deletion of improperly credited scans is considered derailing a topic, and if you do it often you may be muted. There is a search function in the options panel on the left side of the page when browsing a forum, and typing in a keyword, in this case 'credits', will display every thread mentioning that word. You should use this before creating new threads as well to prevent duplicates.

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

Quote by badkitty-real1think it dosen't matter where we got the pisture from it's just nice to submit work from an anime we luv

Lets see if im correct you are saying that its ok to submit something someone else made just cause you like the anime?

To submit scan that does not belong to you and not crediting it to the person is on the same line as ripping...

Signature
Junkii member no. 16

HM... but then I don't understand why my scans were removed. I stated in the description that they were scanned by me (even pointing some problems I got to get a top-quality picture).

So... should I re-scan them again? Because I couldn't back them up :(

BZZZZZZZZZZT.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by kyosukeHM... but then I don't understand why my scans were removed. I stated in the description that they were scanned by me (even pointing some problems I got to get a top-quality picture).

So... should I re-scan them again? Because I couldn't back them up :(

If the descriptions were fine you should provide the links to your deleted scans and they shall be restored, that is if they were deleted because of lack of credit.

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

i wonder if "image belongs to the right owner" = "not my scan" ?
i've found many non-credit scans geezzzzz >_<

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

Quote by nolovei wonder if "image belongs to the right owner" = "not my scan" ?
i've found many non-credit scans geezzzzz >_<

Well we cant blame them...
ahha seeing the amount of scans people keep adding and also the amount of scans buried in the archives... i would say the moderators will go mad looking through them all :)

to my opinion "image belong to the right owner" is rather unclear and still not credited... hehe let a moderator clarify..

Signature
Junkii member no. 16

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

maybe your scan is duplicate, what's the messenge of nouser you've received?

anyway, you can provide the link of your scan ahead to Complaints: deleted images, warnings, bans.

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Quote by idealI just submitted a scan recently, i said in the description that it's not mine and i put the site where i found it. Why does it still deleted?

Ideal, your case was different if I remember correctly and the reason should have been on the botchii/nouser message, sent you a PM anyhow to reclarify. All deletions are made in accordance to MT policy and for the times we stuff up we repent and restore ^_^'

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

This is NOT the Complaints thread!

If you have complaints then take it to the Complaints thread and you must state what message you received from BotChii.

This is not a place to ask about Credits or general information. It is an announcement, so don't spam it with off-topic posts.

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

how can i change the description of scan i posted, if i can at all?

aestalitz

Scanner

aestalitz

Do we leave it to mods to look through them? Because that is quite a big task so I thought members should help to report on "Not my scan!" submissions. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do, though. I see a lot of "Not my scan!" submissions, but I'm not sure of what I should do, or leave it to the mods.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

@ROMEZ:
Go into your scan. On the page on the left EDIT is how you edit descriptions.

@aestalitz:
"Not my scan" is okay as a description.
What is okay: MY SCAN/ NOT MY SCAN
Even I GOT FROM BT is okay - these are the types you don't report because they are fine.
The ones that need to be reported are those where we can't tell if it is or is not their scan:"Hope you like" or "Page 13 of artbook".
If you see anything as such, please report them :)
Just make sure they did not explicitly say they did or did not state whether or not it was their personal scan in the description. ^^

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by eunasahngNo, as long as we know that it is either scanned by you or from somewhere else, it's okay. That has to be clear though.

More info on the exact source is even better if you know it. But if you really don't know, at least write that it is not your scan.

I am surprised, cause so far most of my scans are still there, perhaps I should clarify most of scans are from Torrents?
Should I list those as from www.Tokyotosho.com ? or Deadfrog.us ?

and most others I got is from iichan or 4chan, should I edit those?

And there are some that are without a specific site, but I reckon I mostly got them from Boyis, 4chan and so on, which are normally where they come from anyway.

if only specific sites are listed, I may have a problem, would be nice if you can answer this, as I am kinda impatient to read through. A simple Yes, use "not my scan, source 4chan/iichan" would be nice, or not so nice. :pacman:

oh wait... ignore that, So "Not my scan" is already enough right?
Is that all? XD

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

Quote by eunasahngYou shouldn't submit fan-art here if it isn't your own. I would say it is acceptable if they are official artwork. Then I suppose you can submit them as scans. Never submit anything you didn't do into wallpaper/abstract art/doujinshi or vector art categories.

Thanks for the info^^
Ill go tell my pal^^

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

If you ask me this is too much of hassle to for members to go back and edit old scans that have been sitting on the servers for two years or longer,and even more so for the mods to go forth and purge said old scans.However,the rule (even though it is old) should be enforced on newer submissions of scans to be fair to all the members.I'm not saying it is ok not to give proper credit for a scan that does not belong to you or otherwise,but it would substainally keep from it being such a burden and a time consumer considering that there are more important issues to be concern about on the site than whether or not an older scanhas proper credit or not.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Devildude

Don't be too surprised. Even though you don't state specifically that you've got your scans through BTs, you do always say "Not My Scan" *hands you a scooby snack*

Gin
It's about being fair and consistant. The rule has been around for two years. When I was a newbie submitting covers I'd scanned they were deleted. The rule has always been there, but some have just slipped through the net.

If something breaks the rules then it should be deleted. A philosophy that is slightly draconian, but it's still applicable. So if a member can't be bothered to go back through their galleries, then tough. Their stuff will be deleted & they'll have no-one to blame but themself.

aestlitz

Like Kuro already said, "Not my scan" is acceptable.

However, if you find something that is unclear about who scanned it then feel free to Report it.

aestalitz

Scanner

aestalitz

Hm, I'm still a little confused over Kuro's reply.

I know that "not my scan" scans are acceptable as long as they have proper credit, like a link where the scan was originally from. Then, in what way are other "not my scan" submissions allowed to remain in the galleries? I thought it was stated in the first post of this thread, "If you got it from another site, then you must state where (which site) it is from."

According to Kuro's reply, then those who submitted and mentioned "Not my scan" and also without proper credit/links are still allowed to have their submissions in the galleries? I'm sorry for asking too much, it's just that a friend's scan from her blog was put up here with a simple "Not my scan!" so I was somewhat annoyed.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

saikusa~So you're saying in general be it a good high quality scan or not it should be deleted? And I did not say it would be inappropriate for a scan to be deleted if a member was not able to go back and properly edit it for creditals (because most of the ones I see especially from Fenafir always have "not my scan" in them),but now that you mention it,would be a hassle for both the mods to go and purge the system of uncredited scans and for members to edit the scans for credit,because as I stated there are more important things to be done here on the site (and I shall not go into detail about that unless I need to).

I am not saying removing those scan are wrong,because *bland drone voice* everyone has to abide by the rules of the site.Though doing this would probably free up a great deal of space on the servers it would probably hinder submission of scans to come,especially if they end up being used in wallpapers.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

aestalitz
Yes, even "NOT MY SCAN" without a site or link is okay. Simply because sometimes people can't remember. We just want people to acknowledge the fact that they did or did not scan it.
As for the first post, I think it's just stating that if you know where it's from, state it. If not, then "not my scan" is a last resort :)

merged: 08-09-2006 ~ 06:27pm
Gin
Even if it was the rarest scan in the world with the hugest resolutions and most beautiful thing you've ever seen, as long as it has no credits, it'll be purged.
Erm. It's not about freeing up any space. It's about reinforcing a rule. Even though it's a lot of work, I think the Policy and the rules stand as they are. As for members going back to edit descriptions, well, they should have stated the credits or not my scan in the descriptions in the FIRST place because upon submission you would have already read the policy and acknowledged that by submitting you'd follow the rules. Just my 2 cents.

Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.