Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the source of what mortals call "Evil"? - Minitokyo

What is the source of what mortals call "Evil"?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Instead of good and evil, I prefer them and us. That way you can drop all the other stuff and get down to the actual differences. Once you work that out (or agree to disagree and wage war upon one another) then the first question is kinda moot.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote by MnemethInstead of good and evil, I prefer them and us. That way you can drop all the other stuff and get down to the actual differences. Once you work that out (or agree to disagree and wage war upon one another) then the first question is kinda moot.

What if its more of an inner question about the good or evil in yourself?

evil is what we think we would never do.... i hope hat came out right

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

maxrob

maxrob

LOVERS

All Evil not one thing is Evil or good so all is Evil and all is good I no I am good and Evil I like to thank I am more good then Evil you no but that is me you no we thank of Evil in are way

Come and join us you will be happy you did
Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Evil, as it always has, comes from within ourselves, just as good does.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by maxrob
All Evil not one thing is Evil or good so all is Evil and all is good I no I am good and Evil I like to thank I am more good then Evil you no but that is me you no we thank of Evil in are way

I have no idea what you just wrote.

I'm surprise to know that there isn't anyone who posted here that think Lucifer is the source of all evil or thinks the devil made me do it.

Finally, I would to thank everyone that participated on this thread, I very appreciate your answers.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Quote by falconx2000Evil, as it always has, comes from within ourselves, just as good does.

There is in christianity (and I believe also in Judaism and possibly Islam, but I'm not sure on those) an understanding of good at least that says that all good is from God. In fact, to think that any good in oneself is from oneself is arrogance and pride, and, in fact, a flaw unto itself. This is because since all good comes from God (in a sense like i mentioned before) then good in oneself comes from God, obviously, and we should not credit ourselves with what is not ours. This finds particular emphasis in the Gospels and letters of Paul, and I believe they also appear in books of various prophets, but I cannot name any particular ones right now so I will not say that for certain.

Paul speaks about those who brag about the good they have done or their skills, and he also speaks that he himself could brag about his good, but he knows that it would be foolishness to do so since his good and prestige is not from himself. Thus, talents, skills, and good a person does is spoken of as a gift from God, or as the work of God through a person, who thus has grace( a share and joining in the life of God) allowing a person to do good, not by their own means but by God.

This again then leads to the idea that in the absence of God, or a degree of not allowing God to work through a person, sin and evil occurs, which goes along with the idea of evil being a degree of lacking of good. Those who are good are simply those who ask for and allow the will and grace of God to work in their lives.

Now, if you'd like to go further back to what has led up to this understanding, you can go back to the judaic creation story. The first creation story says that there was in fact something existing in the beggining, but what it was was Chaos, a formless void, possibly water. Then, God creates Order out of Chaos, creating a more perfect state, which is not the natural state, but the Chaos is held back and put in order by the will and spirit of God. Now if you skip foreward to Noah, this is shown its nature. The floods were not simply massive rains that were commanded, but was God removing his spirit and will from the world, which protected the world from the waters and Chaos of its natural state, or the removal of the Spirit of God which were the winds which seperated the water and the land (This has a name but I don't know how to spell it, its a hebrew name I believe). So, as it would seem, evil and chaos are a natural state which, without the will of God holding it back and holding everything in Order, it would fall back upon its natural state. Science also has a similar idea in the universal movement toward entropy.

Therefore, it would seem that evil may come from within ourselves, as its more of our natural state, good comes from without. Now, this whole understanding is made more complex however when you add in that the natural state of the human person and all that is is, in fact, Holy. Thats not contridictory though since being is in fact a good and order of itself. Christanity has a nice enforcement and explination of this connection in the begginging of John's Gospel: "All things came to be through him,/ and without him nothing came to be./ What came to be through him was life,/ and this life was the light of the human race;"

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.