Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 asking someone out (& accept) does not mean they are your bf/gf? - Minitokyo

asking someone out (& accept) does not mean they are your bf/gf?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

its not official yet right? you just can't assume that right?

All you can say is you and that person are "going out" and no more.

Its only when one of them asks the other person the specific question of "will you be my bf/gf?" and they say yes, then its official right?

Ive asked some people about this. seems like some ppl have different opinions of this..

SoraFumumura

Muda na teikou shite ne

I dont think you necessarialy need to ask someone out to be official. Like an example:

My brother and his girlfriend have been together for 4 years, but neither of them asked each other out. I dont think those 4 years are a waste :]

I think if its obvious to both parties that theyre 'together' then its pretty much official/

yeah, asking out doesn't make it official, its kinda implied when things go from just 'going out' to going steady as a bf and gf. If it were as easy as just asking someone out, then there would be a lot more broken relationships.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Going out can mean many things. Just that people tend to "assume" that you are boyfriend and girlfriend. Some people have thick heads too and they think you do have one. It doesn't mean that you have one though.

Kyuoto

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

DONT WORRY http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8729/ichigosfrustrated2jd.gif BOY IS HERE!

U need communication - CLEAR - communication, it's an integral part of a relationship... just ask... if both of you'z agree... then it's official... ^__^

-repeat-

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I think when they say "yes" when you ask them means that they are your bf/gf. It means that they want to take their relationship up to the next level.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

I agree with jasaiyajin. You should ask for a verbal confirmation if your are unsure. A date can mean different things to different people.

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I don't think that going on a date is that important...me and my boyfriend were considered going out and a couple before we even went on a date...I don't even really know when we were considered official.

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

It seems to me the title bf/gf doesnt come after one or even any specific number of dates. The title comes from the understood commitment to a monogamous relationship. Otherwise it seems to be more of "we are dating/seeing eachother"

thanks for the reply.. just clearning things up (from the past). Maybe if i posted my situation here a year earlier i'd get good answers to the problems i was having then.. i did post on another board and most people were not sympathetic :(
well.. no use now. What's past is past (i can say it.. doing it is hard though..will keep trying).

thanks for the replies again, everybody.

LOL i have the same situation dudee8D haha
wow. I just don't think much of it at all, cuz I don't even like the person haha:)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

It depends. Some people connect so well that it's just kind of automatically assumed that you're bf/gf. But if there's any question, ask. Also, don't assume anything. I know that, at least for girls, if they're not serious about a guy, and he tells his friends they're serious about each other, girls get pissed.

it depends i mean if sumone said to me do u want to go out wid me i assume that they want to take me sumwhere..............

lol..either you are blind or he/she realy doesnt know how to ask someone to go out as friends or as couple

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

No, if you ask someone out and then they accept, then you are "going out." It takes a few dates (number unknown) until you are "a couple." There's a whole heirarchy of these terms that confuses me.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.