Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Future for Otaku - Minitokyo

Future for Otaku

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Well i'm conducting my school project on 'Life as an Otaku' and i'm seeking for people's opinions on what the future holds for the Otaku, how do you think that the Otaku subculture will be like in a few years from now? .... tnx for your help

[ J a g W a s H e r e ]

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

You really in Australia......I am too....just curious where abouts you are that you could try and do a project on otaku, there aren't really a lot of hardcore typical otaku around (at least to my knowledge) and I'm assuming you would want to be doing a few surveys and such with them. Is your question for otaku in general or an Australian otaku, also when you question the culture do you classify an otaku as a big time anime fan or the geek type otaku who drools over characters?

(For now I'm assuming you just mean big anime fan) The otaku subculture I believe should only grow in size and there seem to be a few activist otaku who try to 'spread the word'. It really depends where you go and who you ask as to what response you'll get to anime and more often will it have a negative image than a positive one.

At the moment the otaku culture is really only known about by those within the game, the first step for the future of otaku culture is to actually be recognised, the next step is for it to clean up it's reputation. Cleaning the reputation will be a lot of hard work when there are idiots trying to promote and the hentai that appears whenever you search anything anime related.

Realistically I don't see the culture changing greatly, it should gain a few more fans but outside of it's fan-base there wont be much change.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

You are wise to pick 'Life as a otaku' because this topic is quite broad. How should i say this...? I am also from Australia and the prospect of an Australian Otaku is really hard to follow.

Quote by littlejonny100(For now I'm assuming you just mean big anime fan) The otaku subculture I believe should only grow in size and there seem to be a few activist otaku who try to 'spread the word'. It really depends where you go and who you ask as to what response you'll get to anime and more often will it have a negative image than a positive one.

I agree with littlejonny100 on this point. Anime has only been introduced recently in this country and is still in its infant state compared to America and the Uk. etc. It is still rare to find someone who is an 'anime fanatic' or 'maniac'. In my experience, i've only encountered these otaku at my University Anime Club ^_^' so i can't be sure of how we will carry on our daily lives as an 'official otaku' (maybe it's because i haven't meet enough of them).
However, in my opinion, anime is easily an exciting discovery and addiction so it won't be hard to 'spread the word'. We will all be keeping our fingers crossed for that day where you walk into a dozen of otaku in the streets, who openly promotes anime for sell... and trust me, it won't be that far off :)

yeah tru within Australia there aren't too many 'hardcore' fanatics from the Otaku that i've seen are merely within conventions which i attended. to littlejonny100 question I'm talking about the Otaku in general not the ones confined to Australia alone. and when i classify the Otaku, its hard to say since ther are so many types of Otaku but i want to specify the ones that are big time anime fans haha. well tnx for your replies

[ J a g W a s H e r e ]

What the heck is an Otaku?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

keikasagawa

keikasagawa

p|-|33R |v|1 l33t 5|<1llZ

i'm an australian who belive is an otaku, i do agree the amount of otakus is small, including the group i have.

Quote by krusadon anime is easily an exciting discovery and addiction so it won't be hard to 'spread the word'. We will all be keeping our fingers crossed for that day where you walk into a dozen of otaku in the streets, who openly promotes anime for sell... and trust me, it won't be that far off :)

i do agree with the increase in the popularity of anime it will be normal to see many otaku, i would like to name them *for the people that live in melbourne or have been to manifest i didn't rip this or take it i just like the title* "Oztaku"

yeh its a play on words but i like it, so leave it

hey our roomies are wasted so when we get back to your place,
i'll show you what l33t things i can do to your 5y573|v|Z,
i'll make them 5cr34|v|

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.