Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 *spoiler* Matantei Loki Ragnarok ending *spoiler* - Minitokyo

*spoiler* Matantei Loki Ragnarok ending *spoiler*

Tagged under Matantei Loki Ragnarok

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Remember if you have not seen or read Matantei Loki Ragnarok the ending or anything about MDLR. Stop here and go back. It contain spoiler. If you ignore what I just wrote. Don't get mad at me for it.

I just finish watching Matantei Loki Ragnarok. Toward the end of 26. You know the one Loki end up not going to heaven but stay in earth. In the last minute there was a woman at the front door of Enjaku Detective Agency. Which I found out later (did some research), that she was Loki's reincarnated wife, Spica. Just knowing that even before that question was ruining through my head.

Why did they ending like that when they aren't going to continue the series. (Or their going to be another season. From my research that I done the answer is no. Not even OVA for series). What brother me the most is Loki and his two son (Yamino and Fenrir) reaction and how they will act toward the women that look like Spica. Will they able to fight against her even she was reincarnated of Spica. Better yet, what kind impact she brings into the series.

I read somewhere that in the mange (which I have not read) explain more dept about that woman, and the relastionship between all of them, and when she to Loki place. I mean reincarnated of Spica. What type person she is or the reason Loki merry her? Is she sent by Odin? all the quesiton above... aah someone please help me out. Is driving me nuts.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

omg really?!?!?!? wow i cant wait to see that episode! i love this anime! but i think she was sent by odin...curse him!

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

spica, as you already know, is loki's reincarnated wife. her real identity is the giantess Angrboda (anguish-boding; herald of sorrow), mother of fenrir, jormungand, and hel. i don't know exactly whether they're married or not, since some sources state her as his wife whereas some state her as his mistress.

(spoiler alert)

she made a deal with odin to go see loki, and in return she would lose her voice and have slight amnesia. she runs into loki appearing to be a 17 year old girl. seemingly having no place to go, loki brings her home. his household seems to be attracted to this girl, and since she doesn't have anywhere to go, he takes her in, gives her a job as his daily helper, and renames her "spica" after a star in constelation virgo.

then at the night, spica makes an attempt to kill loki. as we find out later, spica is cursed by odin that when she sees a certain character, she dazes out and tries to kill loki. when she finally realized what she had done to loki (after several of those occurences) she runs out of the house. her story is compared throughout as "the little mermaid" story where the mermaid seeks love and then commits suicide. fearing this, loki attempts to rescue her by jumping in the water where she supposedly jumped in, only to BE SAVED by HER. after that's sorted out she resumes to work at his mansion.

merged: 08-01-2006 ~ 08:40pm
anyway, one particular scene that i liked was after an attempt to murder loki, when mayura asked yamino if he knew anything about spica (regarding her past)

mayura: (to yamino) so did you find out anything about spica after working with her?
yamino: (out of the blue,) ... at what times are you reminded of mother, mayura?
mayura & loki: ?
yamino: ^v^

yamino (and MAYBE fenrir) seemed to realize spica's true identity before loki does, and seems to very much support his parents' relationship (duh!).

oh, to answer your questions, she went to see loki because she misses him (sweet, huh?). as for what type of person she is, spica seems to be a cute girl with a voracious appetite, appearing to be naive but we don't really find out her real personality since she doesn't talk much. as angrboda, i know even less. all i'm sure is that angrboda/spica loves loki very very much. and he married her because... well, the same reason everybody else gets married, i guess.

according to the myths, angrboda is loki's lover whom the aesir burned. after he ate the burnt heart of angrboda, it was said that he bore the 3 monsters fenrir, jormungand, and hel. other sources might state otherwise, but the case is more or less the same. but since MLR doesn't exactly follow the myth, you might as well disregard that.

(spoiler alert)

anyway, in the 2nd volume of that manga series, there shows up a silver-haired loki look-alike, which seems to be connected to the weird occurences happening in loki's world. doesn't show up in the anime (you knew that), but plays quite an important part in the manga. if i'm not mistaken, he's utgard-loki, king of the giants. in the myths, they were regarded as 2 different people, but in MLR, he seems to be a past version of loki himself. it seems that he wants spica (obsessed? i'm not sure, i haven't read the whole manga series myself), is in love with her, and wants to make a deal with loki. i'd tell you more but i'd have to read more of the manga first.

anyway, regarding to spica and loki's relationship, she means a lot to him, being the mother of his children and all, and obviously he cares a great deal for her.(still does)
and seeing utgard-loki's (being his past self and all) obsession with her, i'd say that loki deeply loved her, a lot.

theory's that utgard-loki's existence has something to do with his status as a god/ one of the aesir, since loki was originally of the jotun kind (giants), as is angrboda. i think that his being involved with her goes back before his aesir status, and the actual extent of his feelings for her are seen in utgard-loki.(but somewhere along the line something happened, i have my theories but i'll read the rest of the manga first)

so yeah, i'm pretty sure that she wasn't just one of his sexual escapades, but someone he was involved with on a deeper, more serious level.

Claa

Claa

Girl Strange

Quote by rituelthen at the night, spica makes an attempt to kill loki. as we find out later, spica is cursed by odin that when she sees a certain character, she dazes out and tries to kill loki. when she finally realized what she had done to loki (after several of those occurences) she runs out of the house. her story is compared throughout as "the little mermaid" story where the mermaid seeks love and then commits suicide. fearing this, loki attempts to rescue her by jumping in the water where she supposedly jumped in, only to BE SAVED by HER. after that's sorted out she resumes to work at his mansion.

OMG! XD Sorry, couldn't resist... I'm pretty sure I'll luv this part! xD *thinks about Loki being saved by Spica*

I am not sure if this is completely true. However, I read that Utgard-Loki (past Loki) is the one who is obsessed with her. According to what I read he is the father of the three children Yamino, Fenrir, and Hel. So, that would make Loki a reincarnation of Utgard Loki. Even though there are only two volumes of the manga. We can see that Loki has an almost platonic relationship with Angrboda (Spica) while Utgard Loki is bordering on the verge of obession. However, as I said, it is only what I read.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Seriously don't bump 2 year old threads.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.