Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 First Vector = how can i improve? - Minitokyo

First Vector = how can i improve?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/polly2930/MiniTokyo/vectorproject1.jpg

i already noe the chin is a bit awkward, but i don't know how to fix it... anywhere else i can improve? (i noe theres ALOT..and i mean alot... but dunno where to find them XP)

thx!

so yea... i was still experimenting w./ the pen tool when i did its ffirst layer (gradually got better...still...)

^_^'

merged: 07-15-2006 ~ 10:53pm
and btw, can anyone tell me how to outline it properly... and how to draw its nose and mouth

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

that's really cute!

hmm, can we get a bigger image so we can see the details better? but it looks pretty good for your first, much better than mine. the hair looks pretty pointy and crisp. the chin could be more rounded instead of pointy. the nose and mouth look fine to me, but maybe the mouth is slightly wobbly?

as for how to outline? well, there's a lot of different ways. depends on how you like to vector I guess. I do the colour first (using fill-path), then duplicate the layer, and turn fill-path off, and stroke-path on. I'm not sure if you can do that with photoshop though, 'cause I use Paintshop Pro.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by MapleRoseas for how to outline? well, there's a lot of different ways. depends on how you like to vector I guess. I do the colour first (using fill-path), then duplicate the layer, and turn fill-path off, and stroke-path on. I'm not sure if you can do that with photoshop though, 'cause I use Paintshop Pro.

Why not just fill path and stroke path on the same layer, that way you won't have to make additional layers? Sounds to me as if you are making more work for yourself.

I guess for the OP here...my suggestion is...just keep trying, believe me the more you futz around with the program you are using (which by the way is what?) the more you will get to know what you are doing. I go back and look at my first vector and shrivel in disgust of it, hehe. No not really, but I can see how far I have come myself even, thats a lot to say. So just keep working on it, vectoring is fun :) So you should enjoy your practice.

thx ppl

(i m using photoshop)

and btw, how do i do "stroke"?

merged: 07-16-2006 ~ 03:36am
n btw, sry bout the size of the image... (when i started this, i jsut start, didn't even think about the pixel...)

hehe maybe next one

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by fluke

Quote by MapleRoseas for how to outline? well, there's a lot of different ways. depends on how you like to vector I guess. I do the colour first (using fill-path), then duplicate the layer, and turn fill-path off, and stroke-path on. I'm not sure if you can do that with photoshop though, 'cause I use Paintshop Pro.

Why not just fill path and stroke path on the same layer, that way you won't have to make additional layers? Sounds to me as if you are making more work for yourself.

Well, I do this mainly because I shade on a layer between the base layer and outline layer (by using a mask), because the outline is on top (and I usually use 2 pix outline), it means I can be messier tracing the shadows. Also, by having outlines on its own layer, I can adjust it more, like adding lines (like folds) or removing lines without messing up with fill-path (on PSP, the path must be closed in order for fill-path to work properly).

Anyway, yeah I first I vectored pretty small. but I find that bigger images are actually easier to trace because you can see where the lines are, and it's easier to control the nodes. Also, unless you have sharp corners try using curved/smooth nodes as much as possible. I'm not sure if Photoshop has this, but for the pointy parts of the hair, I find using Cusps the best (where the curve before and after the nodes can be adjusted individually). It does take some practice. but after a while, you'll find what you like the most and take shortcuts of your own :)

im still having trouble stroking a path... =[

like i found the function... but it doesn't allow me to use it.. now what happened?

http://static.flickr.com/65/190368919_4d80166114.jpg

merged: 07-16-2006 ~ 07:15am
oh.. nvm... ^_^' hehe.. i was doing shape instead of path...~flush~

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

If you need some vector tuts, you can look here: click.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.