Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pencil or CG? - Minitokyo

Pencil or CG?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Protista

Protista

Wannabe Manga-ka

For all the artists out there...
When you draw/sketch, do you prefer to pencil and/or to use other "real" drawing tools in the pic or to use CG? This applies to both inking and coloring.
I like to use "real" tools. It makes me feel closer to my pix.
^,^

Much thanks to KenshinFFX for the avatar!

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

I switch between the two, it really depends on which kind of look I'm trying to get. Though usually I'll use CG, I find it a lot easier than navigating around Painter Classic. =D

I prefer pencil since I suck with computer and mouse

I have to say pencil... This is where the best quality and movement of your illustration lies... There is much more flow and motion when you leave your penciled work as is... It's in its original form and in my opinion this is where its at its best... raw, natural and flowing... I've gotten to not inking my works (I originally proceeded to inking my earlier works right after sketching them w/ pencil) because I've noticed that my sketches stiffen up once I ink it... Occasionally I still do... but always less than often...

I prefer pencil because the quality is better and it s more natural with pencil :)

My preference is pencil, I find it to be a very versitale medium.

Signature
	Image[/img]

boei

**Dark Mood**

Pencil pencil pencil.. i cant do much with a computer...

Prelim ExamS!!!!!!!!

followed by finals!!!!!

This is CRAzY!

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

Quote by sighI prefer pencil since I suck with computer and mouse

90% of the people who CG their works don't use a mouse, they own a graphics tablet, like me! =D

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

im not an artist but both would do well together dont u think?

Signature Image

pencil, i suck at cg -_-;

When it comes down to it, we are all at the mercy of idiots.

Anime trade? PM for list ^^

Protista

Protista

Wannabe Manga-ka

Um...actually...that's the second reason I like pencil more...I suck at cg too...
^,^

Much thanks to KenshinFFX for the avatar!

evasion

evasion

KittyPuchiko has caught evasion!

I like to draw with a pencil and then scan and ink & cg on the comp. errr...and although a tablet is quite popular, a mouse can still do wonders ^_^ (i'm too poor for a tablet, lol)

Signature

Visit me at http://www.trigmax.com/funstuff/evasion
(website currently down...*cries*)

woundeds0ul

woundeds0ul

strawberries~ XD yuuuuummmmm~~~

Quote by evasionI like to draw with a pencil and then scan and ink & cg on the comp. errr...and although a tablet is quite popular, a mouse can still do wonders ^_^ (i'm too poor for a tablet, lol)

lol ^^ dat's da same case wif me...:(

i really want 1 though... oh well...^^

but i realy realy suk @ cg...im lyk the hopeless of da hopeless....^^

Signature

waaahh~!!! its a return~~!!! woundie ish back minna~~!! >.<
did you miss me..??? ^-^

I like pencil better simply because i think sketch will be more flexibel using it than CG

I like pencill too that's first for make some picture

SilentSorrow

Lonely Sword

Pencil's quite more natural for me since it fits my style and the kind of drawings I like.

What can you protect with just your feelings?

pencil cause i currently cant offord CG or a pad/tablet/board thingy soo yeah i dont have a scanner so no artwork on the comp! ohwellz when i move out maybe ill have one!

Pencil,I tried CG once and I couldn't get anything to look right.

I'd say pencil. I've been drawing manga since I was 12, and for a couple years I stopped, and now I've sarted back up again. I like the look of CG (especially the coloring) but I doubt I'd be able to do much with a computer.

SearSay

ElectroMagnetic Dragon

I pencil most stuff (need to get a tablet soon) but usualy CG it as soon as possible cause my drawing is messy and that lets me clean it up.

-Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Smith & Wesson....The original point and click interface.

Well I'm getting used to the pencil, thought I don't draw as often as I should ( the pics I submitted here are nearly all I've drawn) but I'm starting trying out CG because you can make amazing stuff with it, like some ppl do here... Of course it's difficult at the beginning, especially with a mouse -_-

PANDAgirl

PANDAgirl

LURK.er

I use pencil and tablet and mouse. Sometimes I do sketches on paper first and then scan and do lineart with my tablet. Usually, when I'm lazy or need to brush up on my pencil drawings, I draw with pencil and shade and all that good stuf :D :D I've been using my tablet lately because I got it for my b-day and I'm starting to really get the hang of it. Sometimes I use the mouse to CG when the tablet it being stupid XD Anywho, starting with pencil kinda got me to work with the tablet much better.

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

pencil first, then scan, and then cg, i suck at coloring so there are lots of ways to make shading and coloring a lot easier in the comp, like when i CGed a friend's drawing it turned out nicely XD

Signature Image

FlowerDog

FlowerDog

Loves Ya!

I believe I work better with pencil but if I had the program to CG then I would go for it! :D (This doesn't mean that I consider my works to be good. I am still the worst artist. XD ) Both ways has there weaknesses and strong points. Like if you CG it might be easier to correct your mistakes and with ink it's harder but possible to correct your erorrs on your works. Though, it wouldn't matter with me because I would do a bad job with pencil or CG works. -_-'

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.