Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pencil or CG? - Minitokyo

Pencil or CG?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

pencil for me
it becomes an extension of your hand

nakairi

nakairi

Huggle Bunny

I'd say pencil. x] I feel that sketching a drawing is more natural. That and the fact that i have difficulty with drawing CG ...>___<.....
But either way, both techniques have amazing results!

Signature
Nakairi Miyakari ll Music is what feelings sound like~

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

pencil all of the way.. i have no clue how to CG- every time i do, it's only because i can't paint efficiently :P or don't weant to ruin the sketch with colours...

i dont even know how to cg.... :P how do people learn this? it seems so difficult!! :o all i know how to do is pick up a pencil- and draw 0_0

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

icom158

I sketch it out in pencil, then I scan it and finish it off with CG, since I can follow my sketch lines or uses different layers so I can tryout different effects. Layers Rule! I find sketch lines decrease the time i need to CG it.

I do pencil for the lineart, scan at high res, then ink and color in CG. When I try to ink with actual pen, the lines end up so sketchy and rough that I can't use them well, plus, CG lineart works well for layers.

Soooo clean....

pencil!
even though i do have a tablet and a good scanner.
sketching means a pencil and a sketchpad. otherwise, that's not sketching.

albion

albion

Feeder of Ravens

MMMHH...this is kind of complicated, I currently own a Genius tablet, and it speeds up my work on flash or Corel draw, but for some reason I sometimes find myself sketching and inking for a later scan. Maybe I'm oldfashioned but I'd rather have a pencil in my hand any day.

I'm not lazy, I'm Zen

pencil

.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii(...)

Susan-chan

Susan-chan

Guardian of Storm

i prefer pencil too ^o^ ( that's probably because i cant make cgs XD

I like pencil too

Pencil works shows how talented the artist is.
It really shows a lot when you use pencils to draw.
Espcially the shading.

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

This may sound really really really dumb... but... can someone please explain to me what CG is???

CG usually refers to artwork done on the computer. Hence, computer-generated.

On another note, I believe in the preference of using a pencil due to the fundamental stage of skill development and skill retaining.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

I like cgs' preactising now.

Pencil is good, as a starting point as always.
BUt cg expand the possibilities (shinyness etc)

Loving both

Sythe

Sythe

Heretic

I like drawing with a pencil but I use the PC to edit my drawings. If I had to use the PC to draw it wouldn't look as good as something I drew on Paper. A Pencil is way easier but I should probubly learn to use both.

Signature
Do you know what Art is?

Pencils.. i can't really say i'm an artist.. but i love to draw and i think i have improved a lot.. and i really love to draw with pencil.. i also value more a good pencil drawn picture than a computer made one... although i don't substract them merit.. those are as difficult as the hand-made ones.. i think...

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I would say pencil only because I was trained old school. I always carry a $10 mechanical pencil with blue lead or and old fashioned yellow Dixon Ticonderoga pencil tucked nicely behind my ear. I draw on any and everything!! XD With the advent of the computer though, I have taken what I draw to new levels with my Wacom tablet. When it comes to coloring and editing and cleaning up, CG is better because there are more options and also more control to how the finished product will turn out. :)

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

beonarri

beonarri

A Wolf That Has Been Overclocked

I usually start with a pencil rough, then scan it and use it as a template for Photoshop or Illustrator.

Look! Look! I draw pretty things!! http://wolfoverclocked.com

eko

Pencil, I find it a lot more fun.

Signature Image

I like pencil better than mouse. My favorite tool is my beloved hello kitty mechanical pencil.

Pencil since that is my best medium right now, but I would love to learn CG one day kllolz~

otaku4eva

otaku4eva

B.O.W

I use pencil. I don't often colour my picture. Because I don't now how to do CG and if i paint or whatever, I'm afraid I'll ruin it. But even so they still turn out good. I just to pencil shading.

Utsukushii

Utsukushii

DDR Banshee

I never color my pictures, because once I do then I mess it up -_-; so I avoid color at all costs Pencil for me!

Who says video games are violent? Excuse me as I snipe the Covenant O_o;;

My hand sucks at pencil so im at CG.

Signature

J-Music lover
If you need any songs just PM me an if I have it ill link it to you

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.