Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To speak your mind? - Minitokyo

To speak your mind?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Hmm, a problem that I've been subconsciously thinking about for a while now, since it's occured to me numerous times. Imagine that some people are talking, preferably your friends. They may be talking to someone else, or they may be talking to you. They say something that you strongly disagree with, or think is plain stupid. You want to say something against it, but you know that if you do say it, it's likely to cause strife.

I personally think that the person should speak their opinion, and I've done it myself several times. Alot of the time it results in a heated argument, but I feel satisfied that I've said what I think is right, and I'm usually right anyway. Of course, I hold back when it's likely to lead to something really bad or dangerous.

But in such a situation, what would you do, and what do you think you should do?

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

As long as you speak without insulting people or being rude, you should always tell what you are thinking even if it's different from other people thoughts or some people could think you have weird opinions.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

It's not what you say, but how you say it! Sound familiar...

you could say it negatively or positively... there are not so few ways of saying anything either... if you disagree with something, prove it beyond a doubt... then rub it in their face through means other than yourself... make them understand from their own perspective, cause people usually do not like being told that they are wrong, they need to discover it themselves... but if you know someone is a hothead or is difficult, just be an ass or aggressive in your point... there's no other way around it ^__^

-repeat-

Ginakiss

Ginakiss

All things are cute^^

...lemme try

is love real?

if love isnt real
den y do ppl die for da lack of it?
wat is dat unexplainable feeling u get inside!
y is every book ,movie and song about it?
y do v search for it for our whole life?
yyyyyyyyyyyy

That's called Personal Imcompatibility.

To be Judged and Judgemental of an Idealogy and Opinion is probably the most tacky situation above all else there is in communication. That's why there exist politics and political power as a countermeasure for balance.

Accept all the person had to say about his opinion, not neccessary what he said may be wrong but niether are we ! Cause as times goes by, and mankind's history's evolves , facts of life,balance,logics,beliefs,laws and morals changes. What we do today that seem wrong at first to the eyes of everyone now, however, the event will probably turn into a right one in the eyes of everyone in the Future. There ain't any absolute rights or wrongs for the matter. We just need acceptance and acknowledgements from it.

But to aways with that !

*wtf*..... jasaiyajin is right on the point :

Quote by jasaiyajin" It's not what you say, but how you say it! "

Here's what i had to say.

I prefer to quiet down and listen to what he/she has to say and make him/her prove his/her piece is solid. THen I will speak.That's a sign to say, "ok, you are done, here's what i think, pls respect me by asking it later and dont cut me in mid sentences". That's one of a proper way to ease the friction and fraction for heated and serious topics. Hell, we can't be right all the time ourselves ! He/she may probably be right too !

Casual talks wise, lol. Just make sure you understand and display a proper body language. Don't get work up easily and never insult. Be a good listener and say only after he/she had finished. THat way, they will respect, listen and be willing to accept your point of perspective of your opinions. It's technically more like, Sharing respect. Yeah.

Above all, when it comes to topics we seriously think we are right on, We are always judgemental on it and most probably need to exercise more patience.Cause we want to win ! It's a fact. That's what is restaining us when we are on the creative thinking side of our mind.

If a situations turns ugly, example to a state of impending arguments,fights, etc etc , stand down. I'm sure no one wants to make one more enemy out of a friend , don't ya ? Yeah, it stinks cause we can prove them we are right, but it is better off they learn and find it out themselves the HARD way. Some ppl just can't twist their logic around. They need to experience first hand. Most don't even want to change their thinking. In short, we can't make and satisfied everyone we know that we are on the right track.

So don't worry if the next time they refuse to accept your opinions. As long as we know and are satisfied on what we know, that's enough. Cause its part of creative-thinking. Ppl like to think one-side most of the time...go figure !

Geezz,...i sound like an old man.

Someone slap me in the face to wake me up. *Just Joking*

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

I agree with jasai, it really depends on how you articulate your opinion. If they get worked up about it regardless, remain civil, but don't back down from your view. That way you will generally have the upperhand because you come off as the more rational, and hence the more credible one. Even though it sounds a little evil, but it's funny watching them get ticked off. Although, I should say that if you're discussing a very sensitive issue, then the 'cool-stubborn' approach will make you appear ignorant. In that situation you would have to sympathise with them, whilst stating your own view.

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Unless it's something which i REALLY REALLY have to speak up for~
i usually won't like to have an argument with my friends or any other person. So if i have to- i'll mention my point of view. If the other person want to talk more about it, i'll just say "Oh, i see your point. But everyone thinks differently though."
*lol* i'm a little wimpy >_<

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.