Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Share your Words of Wisdom - Minitokyo

Share your Words of Wisdom

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 165 total items

"Time is endless..."
an ephinany I came up with one day; though I wouldnt be surprised if it were inspired from someone somewhere (e.g I heard it on the radio or something)

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

most of mine are from old chinese sayings. But there very true and they mean alot more then just the sentance, some u "can't" understand unless i tell you the story. but one that i always remeber is.

"Help the needy, but not the poor" basicly meaning, there are to many poor people in the world to help them all, but help thoughs in need when u can.

"Support Strengths, never Weakness." -Myself. =D

"Do, or do not ! There is no try. " - Jedi Master, Yoda.

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

"Experiances are precious, wisdom is rare, but innocence is priceless." -Me

Hi, i'm back for more words of wisdom... woah, so many new quotes... nice job

Famous wisewords:
- You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him. ~Leo Aikman
- Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. ~Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles
- The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile. ~Plato (This one is a bit hard to understand but it's meaningful :))
- Just remember, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter (This is an old television series but the quote should be highlighted)
- Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911
- The biggest problem in the world… could have been solved when it was small. ~Witter Bynner, The Way of Life According to Laotzu

My Own:
- The greatest number of things we know is only equal to the smallest fraction of things which we are ignorant.
- Believe that everything that happens is the best possible outcome and life would be easier to bear.
- The ultimate aim in life is not to survive, but to die for a justified belief. (however, i don't believe suicide bombers have justified belief, taking innocent people's lives)
- Solving the problem is the only way to destroy a problem

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

"Power is a double edged sword"

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

wow, these are so great! i have some to share too ^_^

"keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

"when you were born, you were crying while veryone around you was smiling, live your life so that when you die, you will be the one smiling and everyone around you will be crying"

"Anger is only one letter short of danger. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault; if he betrays you twice, it is your fault"

"He, who loses money, loses much; He, who loses a friend, loses much more; He, who loses faith, loses all"

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift"

i have more, but can't remember them. lol

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

I'm a fan of paradoxes. One of my favorites is:

"If anyone wishes to become wise, let him first consider himself a fool, that he may become wise."

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

"If Life hands you lemons, squirt Life in the eye and call it a good day!"

"If you live in a glass house, sue your realtor."
-Myself.
(The last one isn't intended to offend, just to laugh at).

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

"Desires are seeds waiting for their season to sprout. From a single seed of desire, whole forests grow."

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Elegants

Elegants

Getting back into the game

Live it
Love it
Embrace it

(Because your gonna be on this world for a long time!)

Omikami

Omikami

Ruler of the Plane of Heaven

"The mystical techniques for achieving immortality are revealed only to those who have dissolved all ties to the gross worldly realm of duality, conflict, and dogma. As long as your shallow worldly ambitions exist, the door will not open."

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

"the best way out is through" this can apply to anything... ^__^ almost...

-repeat-

supersay

supersay

Yo! Wass'up...?

"Run from problem, it will chase you...
Face and deal with problem, it will run from you..."

oh ,and another one:

"Don't die on me..." ^_^'

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

"life is boring without fun ^_^"

"One can never stop learning, even if they are the the most learned person on Earth."

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

My personal favorite.
"The thought is more powerful than the deed"

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

Quote by Yu-huang"Power is a double edged sword"

So Does Knowledge. ^^

Wisdom is learnt not gain, through reflection, imitation and experience.

What you don't want, don't do to others.

---something i recall learnt from my family ancestory history.

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

jlpg

follow the wind

if its different, does not mean that it can not change.

life is not the same
without a friend to share

ShadowWraith

ShadowWraith

Samurai of Deep Shadow

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"
-A friend of my friend-

"Miss what won't be missed the most."
(people tell me it's deep?)
-Myself-

Our time is dark, and our world chaotic but I will not be made a victim of this world.....

Omikami

Omikami

"Those who seek the Path must not be led astray."

hmm....let's see: "It's better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it"

8ball

8ball

Oh dear god, the cuteness!!

Here's some of my own stuff:
"The fisherman falls in love with the fish he cannot catch."
"Let not grow in pride a sage."
"One cannot see one's self through the eyes that are one's own."
"Every light crafts a shadow."
"All conjecture is subjective."
"Life is a bold song and all men are tone-deaf."
"How do you intend to hate the sufficiency of your hatred?"
"Where sadness is a brick and happiness, a feather: We know one is light, but carrying the other makes all else lighter."
"Need we preach the colours of happiness when we are all colour-blind?"

Cheers!

- 8ball
If it's good, I'll watch it; if it's great, I'll buy it; if it's cute, I'll eat it...

Available Web Designer/Developer, extra-generous to anime-related projects

Omikami

Omikami

"Seek not wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house".

ky0n01

resilience

"Friendship is something valuable that's hard to reclaim when someone else claims"

"We don't need money to have friends. But it's something you'll have to pay for if you lose it."

"Friends are just like a ropes. They're hard to TIE but easy to UNTIE" I heard this one from somewhere hmmm...

no pattern, no form.

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 165 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.