Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which do you like better:male or female anime characters? - Minitokyo

which do you like better:male or female anime characters?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

i noticed that the female characters are preferred by more peple to be their favorites while the male characters are more likely to be male characters or villains.

which gender do you ike better?

DarkValkerie

DarkValkerie

aka Spirit~

depends on the series, while its true that girls in anime are cuter, therefore more of a temptation, it depends on the theme, style, personality i guess...

Signature Image

i perfer anime female characters more :P

but i do like some anime male charatcers

Wugz

analord

Most of my favourite characters are men, but merely because they usually base the primary emphasis on male characters, whilst female chars tend to get a rather weak part with not as much depth. It all depends, though.

Female... Gothic and away type of female characters just like Saya from Blood: The Last Vampire... She's soo cool XD

Hmmmm.... Depends, probably girl characters because I would love to be them >_< If they have good personality that is. I was torn because I think male characters like daisuke niwa (d.n. angel) are really nice to , but then I realised, he kinda acts like a girl anyway ^_^

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

sometimes girls are great villians as they have cruel hearts. it hurts to offend a woman.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Mostly the females I perfer ... Mainly because most anime tend to make the guys so plain and boring. Only a few have proven to be interesting, but I wish they would be more creative with character design in the guys department. And maybe not have the same kind of personality recycled. I understand lots of shows are winners with their fanservice, but still. Guys need to kick ass too.

Usually prefer male characters. So much more cool factor when they aren't annoying.
But when I like a female character, I like her a lot because it means I can somehow relate to her story.
For example: the female character's insane.
Yay! Me too!
Still, most of the time, male characters=za cool!

Usually I like male characters because it seems that manga and anime creators go out of their ways to create stupid and annoying female characters. There are few works where the main female isn't a stupid childish crybaby...

I like female characters since they are so cute! But the males are cool too, I think it just depends on which anime/manga you're watching.

I really can't say wheter I prefer one over the other, character wise anyhow.

Depends on personality. Usually in EVERY anime, there is at least one funny guy, one serious guy and one sort of normal guy. I don't like this same method applied in anime, however, if represented properly, serious male characters become more interesting to me than any other characters.
Female characters......well, not a single anime where I found a really serious female character! Maybe there are some, but one way or another, they don't show the seriousness that male characters represent. Of course in anime, female character plays more role than just serious or not serious. Generally they are represented as a sex symbol for men (I hate that), and innocence, which one way or another, lies in most anime girls.
This limits their role in anime, as they could be more than just a symbol of innocence, sex subject, or anything close to that.

Thus, I prefer male characters. Even though they have seriuos flaws too. I believe we need good writers for good male and female characters, not some guy who writes story of struggle for power......

"To know you have enough is to be rich." - Tao Te Ching

I prefer male characters for the most part, but I really like the assertive female characters who kick butt and take names. On the opposite side of the coin, there's some female characters who I would like to die in a fire because they're too weak or too annoying.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

lol.. man.. its more of the characters personality and the way they look....
so i can like funny guys like.. genma saotome... or more powerful and calm characters like subaru sumiregawa.... then theres girls.. i like osaka.... xD no one beats her...... or the dominatrix chick.. motoko kusunagi........ meh.... can't really say which you like better.... everyone has their own special personality and such.. preference to choose would be hard..... its sorta like asking which of your friends or idles you like better.. 0..o.. kinda weird....

It dependson the style, and the plots and everything, I guess... Female villains are just some times better, as are male villians, etc.

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

depends. for most of series, i prefer the main role are male character. and a cute female as the pair. anyway, male wins.

errr...I'm gonna be biased and say female characters because i'm a girl D:<. for real, they actually (in my opinion) look more detailed than male characters, so i like to stare at the drawings the artists did for females. for males...not as much since you just dab some dude with a school uniform, short hair, skinny little eyes and viola! you got yourself some man! girls are more...detailed, heh. i think it's cuz of the hair style, MAN, I LOVE LOOKING AT THOSE! IT'S SO AWESOME AND WICKED AND HOLY COW OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD! but i guess, for me, it just depends on the drawing of the anime. look at melancholy of suzumiya haruhi...nice...xD

... Oh I have thought that male like better female characters and female like better male characters.

I'm a girl and I like better male characters. But there are few anime/manga that I like better females. But it's true than most of the time female characters are more beautiful/kawaii..

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I greatly prefer the male characters. I tend to hate female characters because they tend to be whiney/pathetic or have really annoying voices.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

AnimeRaven80

Anime Raven

I totally agree with Devilet. Male caracters have been the poor child of anime. It would be great to have more thoughts put into males caracters and to give them more depth, which in turn will bring new fandom to those anime.

It's not true that fans want always the good, shy guy. For instance, I really like Ichigo from Bleach.

I usually like the female characters better. I'll admit there are more annoying female characters than male overall, so my preference could be because I'm a girl.

wow thanks for the reply guys!

I like both equaly well in a good story. A strong female character like Lain or like Armitage helps show deeper female characters. The Samuri X (I can spell his name) showes a deep male character. Princess Mononoke had complex male and female characters. It takes a good team of writers and some story length to develop complex characters with personality. It is hard to find that kind of talent in any field including anime.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.